Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.4

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

on 12/16/2016 1:49:00 PM

This is my day-to-day go to BB cream! I have oily/combo skin and I have occasional breakouts (not caused by this product). I enjoy this product because it looks very natural and not too heavy on my skin as a normal foundation would. I do find that this product has really nice sheer to medium coverage on me and I care layer it up to cover discoloration. When I use this product, I always use a damp sponge (gives much better coverage than a brush for me) and I always set it with a powder. This product does not do a great job of controlling my oil, but it is manageable and keeps my skin looking natural.

on 11/13/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to product. I have combination/ dry skin. And it works really well. I think if you have more oily skin it would be to heavy. It does take some work to blend well so, I took a point off. over all it is a good product. Will keep using.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this since it came out. I absolutely love it. I used to use heavy foundations, but this actually gives me cover for redness and flaws without being heavy. The original version that is not for oily skin was a little too dark even in the 'light' shade, but when they came out with this version for oily skin in light it was a perfect match for me.

On me it lasts pretty much all day without being drying or settling in pores. I only use a light moisturiser underneath (which I recommend even if you are oily), and a regular pressed powder on top.

My only gripe about it is that it's a little runny and if you don't put the cap back properly it can leak.

I find it lasts quite a long time and I can usually get it on sale when I need it again. Just got a new tube at Boots for around £6. Nice!

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUDATION!!!! Not only is this product amazing, it lasts FOREVER! It has amazing coverage for a bb cream but still doesn't look like a foundation. It literally looks like a second skin! It covers my acne and acne scars easily. My skin is very oily so I do set it with a powder but it doesn't need any extra coverage! It has good staying power, about 8-10 hours until you need to reapply. But with a primer it will last over 12 hours!! I've never liked bb creams because I've always needed fuller coverage, and I've never loved full coverage foundation because it feels so heavy. This is neither of those, it's great coverage and so lightweight I forget I'm wearing it. I would reccomend this bb cream to everyone. $11 and it will last about 4 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bb cream so much! I have very oily skin and this wears so well throughout the day. I first bought this because of all of the hype it was getting awhile ago and I've bought 4 or 5 more bottles ever since. In the winter and spring I am the light/medium shade and then in the summer into fall i am the medium/deep shade. I either use my hands or a flat top kabuki to really buff it in. It just gives such a nice glow. When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to reach for concealer, this product is easily buildable and you're able to go back over the areas that need a little bit more help covering. I can't get over how much I love this product. If I need a little bit more coverage I will mix it with my covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and it gives a flawless finish.The only slight downside of this product would be the packaging.It's very liquidy and can get messy so you have to store it upside down, but the actual bb cream is amazing. Definite HG product. Next time you're in cvs or a drugstore pick this up! You won't be disappointed!!

on 1/7/2015 10:11:00 AM

i really like this product. i think it gives about a medium coverage, the color matches my skin well. the one thing i dont like about this product is the packaging. when i squirt some out on my fingers and then i set the tube down on its side, if i dont put the cap back on right away, a whole bunch of product comes out of the tube, and onto my vanity. its really not a huge deal because this product is fairly inexpensive and you get a large amount, its just kind of a pain when i have to clean up a little puddle of product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a HUGE fan of this product. It has become my holy grail, go-to foundation I wear on a daily basis. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I have tried every foundation out there to meet my needs: doesn't oxidize, gives flawless coverage, keeps me matte, and this product does all of the above and more. I am super oily, so I find after about 5 hours I am needing to powder my t-zone, but that is completely understandable because I am not hoping to find a miracle product. When I am running around and sweat on my forehead area, I do find it does come off pretty easy, but I am not too concerned. Double wear was my favourite foundation for a long time, and that one did separate on my face a bit after a few hours, so when I applied this after reading amazing reviews I was shocked to find my face looking 10x better than Estee Lauder had ever made it look. Definitely will be repurchasing for a long time.

on 9/21/2014 3:29:00 PM

I received a generous sample size of this and decided to give it a try. First thing I noticed is it looked like more of a foundation, they only offer 2 shades, the lightest is light/medium and it is a tad too dark for my fair skin. It is lightweight and silky. I applied my Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse over top and it blended beautifully. My skin looked smooth, healthy and pore free. I also noticed I didn't have the shiny t-zone even after several hours. I like this better than their 5 Sec Blur which did nothing to minimize my pores.
Now the reason I won't buy it again is due to the high amount of alcohol in it.

I wanted to like this but for fair skinned girls with pink undertones this is not good. It made my face orange brown it looked bad.