Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.5

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product from Walmart for $9.98 so pricing is decent. The packaging, being that it is a runny product, could be a mess if you were to store it the way it stands. However, that problem is solved if you just stored it upside down. Color wise, I'm NC25 by MAC during the wintertime with a true yellow undertone, this in Light-Medium would probably be too dark and pink toned for me during the winter. Since it's now pretty much summer here in LA, the color actually matches my current tan so I didn't have much of an issue there. I can get up to NC30-35 during the summer. Application was easy due to the blend ability( I applied it to one half of my face, blended it out with my RT expert face brush, before finishing the other half) and dry time wasn't bad. Nothing like Revlon liquid colorstay. The coverage was light to medium and surprisingly blurred all my discoloration and redness giving me an even tone all over. On top of that, it dried to a matte finish which is my favorite finish since I'm oily. However even though it was nice overall, I was a complete oily mess within 2 hours. Keep in mind, I do prep my foundations with light moisturizer and primer and top everything off with powder. I don't know why it didn't help with oil control even though it's marketed to do so. I also think it caused me a break out after just one use. That's a huge negative for me. I do have acne prone skin so maybe this bb cream clogged my pores somehow due to the chemical levels. Overall, I had to return it even though I was hoping it would be a summer staple. Currently my HG everyday foundation is Revlon Colorstay liquid Combo/Oily. It gives me a great full matte coverage that is easily buildable without looking cakey. My oily skin stays fully matte up to 5 hours and then starts to look more "natural" after my oils break through. Still nice looking IMHO. Lastly, it doesn't break me out at all whereas this bb cream did. So even though the initial application was nice, I would have still kept it had it not been for the pore clogging issues it gave me.

on 8/25/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff by itself doesnt really "tickle my pickle" if ya know what I mean... BUT when I pair it with Hard Candys Doll Face, it is outstanding!
All I do is apply a little bb cream in my hand and then a pinch of the doll face and mix them together and BAM a beautiful complexion!
Compliments all of the time on my skin!!
This does NOT clog my pores nor does it give me any acne!
The formula is REALLY thick but I like that because it gives me the comfort of knowing that my "base" isn't going to run all over my hands or face when applying and throughout the day!
This does have a strong smell to it though... at first it bothered me but I grew used to it. Not that big of a deal!