Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was recently pleasantly surprised by the Maybelline BB cream, so I decided to try more of the drug store BB creams as opposed to the Korean BB creams that tend to be too oily, too dry, or too heavy for summer, and end up with patchy or cakey face.

It was supposed to help with your skin as a skin care product as well, to even out skin tone, tighten pores etc... I don't see much effect to that claim so far, but I can tell you, I am quite impressed with it as a base makeup. I got it in medium shade. I would put it on over a base (normally the Missha silky boomer), the texture is light and runny, so easy to spread, and very build-able, but one layer is good enough to minimise the redness on my face, finish by a dust of mineral loose powder, and I will have a perfectly natural dewy look. The oil control and lasting power is so-so, I still have to touch up my T zone, but once I do, I normally won't have to do it again before I go home. Sydney isn't having many hot days so far so I'll review again when it does get hot.

One thing I do really hate about this product though, is the packaging. The hole is too bloody big for the runny formula and it went everywhere when I opened it for the first time. It can be remedied by storing it upside down. Other than that, so far so good. :)

on 5/21/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased this in Deep and was happy it was a good match for my NC 42-45 skin tone. I love that his comes in an oily skin formulation, since Maybelline's BB cream broke me out terribly. It gives nice sheer coverage; it covers up most of my skins imperfections. I did need to use a bit of concealer on the hyperpigmentation left over from the aforementioned break out. Older smaller marks and the dark circles under my eyes it handled no problem. It holds up for a long time and to me jogging in muggy 80 degree weather.

The only cons for me is that it does settle into fine lines. I have a frown crease on my forehead, and it makes me look like Frankenstein's gal pal. So not attractive. Also the formula is on the thin side and makes for a messy experience coming out of the package.

Still, I'd recommend it to anyone with darker skin looking for some lightweight coverage.