Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.6

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 7/22/2016 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Not a product I can wear in warm-hot weather. Even with pressed powder it slips off my face after a couple hours and leaves my skin looking shiny. Ok product with decent longevity and coverage when used in the winter. Would not recommend for people with oily skin, combination to dry will see better results.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this product. BUT THIS IS HORRIBLE on my OILY SKIN. It looks really natural and great at first but I have REALLY OILY SKIN. After an hour, I look pretty dewy and about two hours in, I am an oil slick... I do enjoy wearing this if I am running errands for a few hours. However, this is not long lasting at all. I get too oily too fast and I'd rather just wear a foundation.

Pros:
Natural
On the go
A lot of product for $10-13

Cons:
NO oil control (NOT long lasting on super oily skin)
Can settle into fine lines
Very limited shade selection (only 3 colors)

I would not recommend this to someone who has super oily skin... I think if you have dry, normal, or combo skin, it would work great. For me, no.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a HUGE fan of this product. It has become my holy grail, go-to foundation I wear on a daily basis. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I have tried every foundation out there to meet my needs: doesn't oxidize, gives flawless coverage, keeps me matte, and this product does all of the above and more. I am super oily, so I find after about 5 hours I am needing to powder my t-zone, but that is completely understandable because I am not hoping to find a miracle product. When I am running around and sweat on my forehead area, I do find it does come off pretty easy, but I am not too concerned. Double wear was my favourite foundation for a long time, and that one did separate on my face a bit after a few hours, so when I applied this after reading amazing reviews I was shocked to find my face looking 10x better than Estee Lauder had ever made it look. Definitely will be repurchasing for a long time.

on 9/21/2014 3:29:00 PM

I received a generous sample size of this and decided to give it a try. First thing I noticed is it looked like more of a foundation, they only offer 2 shades, the lightest is light/medium and it is a tad too dark for my fair skin. It is lightweight and silky. I applied my Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse over top and it blended beautifully. My skin looked smooth, healthy and pore free. I also noticed I didn't have the shiny t-zone even after several hours. I like this better than their 5 Sec Blur which did nothing to minimize my pores.
Now the reason I won't buy it again is due to the high amount of alcohol in it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My holy grail base product! (That is, until I find a new one :D)

It's best for a quick, everyday quick fix; it doesn't cake easily and blends really, really well. I've used brushes, a sponge and fingers, and there isn't that much of a variation in the final product. Coverage, I'd say is light-medium. It does the job, covering up minor blemishes and slight discolouration. Depending on how severe your undereye circles are, it can cover them too. (If it can't, it's nothing a little concealer can't sort out.)
The BB cream gives a semi-matte, almost satin-like finish; again, depending on how oily your skin is, it can start off as semi-matte, ending in a more dewy finish after a few hours (best bet is after 5-6)
If you do have oilier/very oily skin, I'd recommend a good mattifying powder and some blotting sheets. Also, the product claims to be non-comedogenic, which is great for people with sensitive skin that is also acne prone. I haven't broken out once since I've started using it. (Two months and counting.)
Lasting power is surprisingly great; I apply it at around 8 in the morning and take it off at four, when I get home from school, and it still looks somewhat close to fresh. Just a lot more dewy.
Finally, it has an SPF of 20, although it isn't the highest, it's up there alongside the Revlon Photoready BB. I don't see a problem with SPF 20, but it would be really good if Garnier made it UVA and/or UVB absorbing; though, I think that's asking for a little bit too much.
I have two main gripes with this product; in the UK, only two shades are available. A light that is quite light and a darker medium. I am aware in the US they have three or four, but it is beyond my imagination as to why they're only making two shades available over here. In the winter, when I get a little paler, I can mix a bit of the light with some medium, and I have a perfect shade. It's a bit of a hassle however, especially when you're in a rush. On the plus side, the BB cream doesn't lean towards the warm or cool side; it strikes me as being more neutral, so it's a lot more forgiving to my olive-tan skin than most other foundations or BB creams I know.
Another problem I have is that the formula is quite watery and runny; it's advisable to store it upside down, so that you don't get streams of the product flooding out. Yes, with very quick and easy blending comes a price.
The product really is for oily/combination skin, as there is quite a bit of alcohol in it (not a boatload, however). This may be a concern for some people, especially for those with sensitive noses due to there being a strong scent at first which thankfully doesn't linger throughout the day.
If you have dry skin, you could get away with using this, but moisturising is key, as well as exfoliating to get rid of any dry spots to prevent the product clinging to them
Finally, the product comes in a box, which I think adds a nice touch to it, seeing as how most other drugstore BB creams come without boxes. Additionally, due to its runny consistency, a pump would be very handy. (*cough* like tude House's Precious Minerals BB *cough*)
I'd like to add that you will need to have a look in the skincare aisle for this.
I bought this at Boots for around 9.99, but it's around 2fl oz or 60ml, so it should be enough for a while (again, depending on how often you use it)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is amazing! It has great coverage and so affordable! Blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! Just bought this on a whim after hearing all the hype about it and I'm mad I didn't get this sooner! I never use my high end foundations anymore. HOLY GRAIL STATUS! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this BB cream. As if it couldn't get any better, you get 2.5 fl oz for only $12! That's a steal!!!!
*I am the shade Light/Medium and it matches me perfectly. I'm a MAC NC30 for reference

Pros
flawless, natural looking
long wearing
light weight
inexpensive
tons of product
SPF 15
blends like a dream

Cons
none

on 7/16/2014 5:23:00 AM

I have combination skin; oily on my T-zone and dry cheeks. This bb cream does not break me out and smells fairly nice, however it oxidizes and makes my skin look orange. The consistency of the product is very runny so it applies smooth, but the packaging tends to make it leak, causing a very messy lid! After 2-3 hours of this on, it makes my face look greasy :( I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with fair and oily skin. If you have a tan/medium skintone, maybe it'd work for you!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my holy grail!
What I love about this product the most is probably its coverage and its consistency. I personally find its low-viscosity to be appropriate for a bb cream; the thinness of it makes my skin feel airy and unconstrained. Depending on how much you apply, you can get light coverage or approach full coverage I find-- but that wouldn't be the case if you have bad acne or serious redness. After all, it is a bb cream. For me personally, this is fantastic coverage. I don't even wear concealer because this stuff does the trick. I only have some slight hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (which I am treating effectively-- I got it as a result of a break out from using an oil based product-- pimples suck) and a few very tiny pimples on my forehead. I don't really have a lot of pimples or serious scarring so for me this product is suiting. I use it every day, and it does NOT break me out.

HOWEVER, it's not perrrrfect.
I purchased the specific version of this product labeled shine control because my skin has a tendency to get oily just about everywhere. I don't think it does much to control shine, and the SPF is negligible. Anything under SPF 30 is useless so the labeled "sun protection" is a gimmick. This stuff is probably awesome if you have normal skin. Also: the packaging can be a little annoying if you aren't careful, since it is runny. Don't leave it laying on its side while unsecured, it WILL spill and you will lose product. Overall i think I'd prefer this packaging over a pump because I find that a lot of product goes unused with a pump.

Otherwise, if you set this with a powder (I use E.L.F's tone correcting powder) after letting it finish, it's swell. The finish is pretty matte, but since I'm oily, I get more of a dewey finish within a few hours, which I don't mind. Lately it's been blazing hot out so this product has been doing nothing to stop the oil. But I personally don't think products can do much to stop the natural chemistry of our bodies to react to the environment. The coverage lasts over 6 hours I'd say, but I'd definitely recommend touching it up with some oil blotting sheets if you're oily like me. and for only 11 dollars, you can bet i'm buying it again.

on 5/27/2014 10:30:00 AM

HG bb cream! This stuff: controls oil and shine, gives light to medium coverage (can build on it), can also use as a concealer, looks natural and has improved my skin. When you do buy the shade for your skin tone it might come off too light but don't worry after a bit it does get darker and fits to your skin perfectly (at first I thought it was go orange but nope :D) I hate how runny the formula is but hey if it was a thick cream it would be as if I was putting on foundation and I waned to aviod that. I use this honestly all year long because I honestly love it lol. Summer I do set it with powder just for that extra coverage from oily skin. Winter I will mix this with my foundation 50/50 or 40/60 (depending on how good my skin is) If I am having a breakout I will mix with my foundation as I stated above but usually I just apply another layer of this and I'm fine. I recommended this 100% to people scared to try american bb creams. I think garnier did a good job with this, it hasn't broken me out. I apply this with either my fingers or beauty blender, I like the beauty blender for a more natural look and my fingers for more coverage (do a patting motion)

on 5/22/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my very first BB cream. I tended to stay clear of them because of their sheer coverage. I need more of a medium to full coverage, and most BB creams just weren't that. When I heard about this, and looked up the reviews saying it was more coverage than most BB creams I jumped at the opportunity to give it a try.

It does have great coverage, but! I do have to mix a little foundation with it to get the desired coverage I prefer. That being said, I can wear it alone - and it does blur many of my imperfections and makes my skin look great. Blemishes still show through.

The consistency is like coloured water. Literally. It runs out of the tube, and will run right off your hand if you even tilt it slightly. So be careful. But it blends quite well. I often use my hands to apply, and finish off with a damp beauty blender. The light matches me, but it is a tad too dark. More colour selection is definitely needed.

As for keeping me shine free ... umm no! I even set it with a matte powder, and I get shiny after a few hours. Which I can live with I guess. Oily skin gals really look for that miracle product that will suddenly make their skin shine free, just not going to happen. Well, not for me anyways. No big deal, nothing an oil blotting paper can't fix.

The packaging totally sucks. It needs a pump! The packing would do, if the stuff wasn't so watery.