Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by hair type : Other
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

4.2

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this bb cream! I have combination skin and while I still get a little bit oily (esp around my t-zone), its a lot less than how I get with other products. It has light to medium coverage, but you can definitely build up the coverage in specific problem areas. My skin is also slightly sensitive but this hasnt broken me out at all. Definitely my HG bb cream and I loooove wearing it everyday!

Tip: Store this product with the cap facing up unless you want the product to run everywhere when you open it. Only downfall of this product tbh.

Best BB cream for Oily/Combination skin !

I've bought this in light / medium since my skin tone is fair-medium. Let's be real. There is only two colors offered. I bought the lighter one, but it's a little bit too orange for my skintone.

However, I really like the formula. It isn't thick, I would say it's more on the liquid side. I also personally think it smells amazing (smell like alcohol, it smell so clean ! - I do not like overly sweet smell) The packaging could be better since if it's not hold in a vertical position it becomes a mess but eh, it's a Garnier product.

I think it is a very good quality / price / quantity product . (12 or 14 $CAD at my local Walmart for 60 mL - you get more product than many other brands)

Would definitely recommend this to someone who is a little bir darker or has a warmer skin tone than me. Overall, it's still a good product.

on 10/26/2014 2:47:00 PM

This is my first American bb cream I've tried. Before I've used Lioele water drop & Laneige snow bb cream. My comparison is they are to light for me, even when it oxidize's it still too light.

When Garnier came out with this bb cream I was excited. I couldn't wait so I went to Walmart & used a pink sponge from Mac (which I have a review on if you want to check my page) it made my skin look so airbrushed like I didn't have makeup on. Even my boyfriend commented saying I look pretty today.

It even out my discolouration, hyperpigmentation & my acne scars. My blush/bronzer look even better then how I did my makeup before.

If you want a quick & easy foundation this product it for you trust me.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product.

The bb cream has a suncreen smell and is super liquidy! But for a bb cream, it has very good coverage and powdery feel to it after application. I have red pigmentation from left over acne scars and very dark circles, this bb cream was able to cover the red pigmentation and even soften the darkness under my eyes! (Which is very difficult considering my dark circles are pretty bad). It also stayed put for longer than I thought (5 hours in, my makeup looked pretty good without a touch up, give or take a few more hours, my T zone was a little shiny but thats expected). The bb cream was also light enough to not clog my pores and my acne did not break from wearing it.

BUT! The reason I took off two lippies was that the color choices are not flexible (3 in total). The "Light to Medium" was too light for me and "Medium to Deep" was too dark and left me looking orange! Neither skin tones looked good with my Asian yellow/tan skin, it even gives me a pink undertone. I wish the company gave more options because I really like this product. Unfortunately, I felt it was a waste of $14 (Bought it from Ulta) since it didn't match me so I returned it.

on 5/19/2014 12:08:00 PM

I'm in heaven with this BB cream, I think it's fabulous!!!! I've never been a huge fan of liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers just haven't given me enough coverage so BB creams have been a blessing for me. I've been using the original Garnier BB cream in Light/Medium for the last 8 months or so but I was running out and saw that they had it in an Oil Free formula so I switched over. I'm quite oily in the T-Zone and figured this one would work better during the summer and it has. I can go for hours longer wearing this and not have to blot once. After a week of wear, I've not experienced any breakouts at all, I like the coverage, it's fairly full coverage and the color is great too. It's pretty neutral and doesn't read orange at all on me and stays the same color throughout the day. I still apply my regular moisturizer underneath (CereVe) and set it with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Light Plus.

My only issue with this is the packaging...it has a screw-top instead of a flip-top and since it's a bit thinner than the original Garner BB cream it's messier to apply. Be careful or you'll end up with an explosion! I keep it in the box and store it upside down since the product tends to leak. I've given it 4 lippies because this is a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, LOVE!!!!

on 4/29/2014 5:02:00 PM

Okay so I can see that a lot of people did like it, so I'm surprised that I didn't as much. I dont know if it's the package I got or something, but when I first used it it was fine. Came out smoothly and looked fine on my skin. When I first bought it I thought it was a good alternative for foundation, and it was. But after a couple of uses the product inside the bottle got all runny and literally poured out whenever I opened the lid. I still used it because I didn't have any other foundation/bb cream. But then I stopped because it became really nasty so it basically just went in the trash. This product is good for the price, but wasn't worth it for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love it. Super liquidy consistency so you'll be like, yo wtf? I gotta enough oil on me. But no, only you blend it out BOOM best bb cream with the coverage of a foundation. DOESNT oxidize. Med/deep has a yellow undertone but I added a bit of food coloring for more :) LOL. Blends gorgeous, flawless skin, don't leave the bottle open on it's side tho it'll drip. Lasts all day till night for me in this Florida heat so this is BAE! Expensive for a drugstore bb cream but whatever :-)

This BB cream does have very big promises. It supposed to give you immediately perfect skin which means that it is oil-free, it gives matte finish, blurs pores and other imperfections, evens skin tone, moisturizes, reduced signs of fatigue and dullness and it does have a SPF as well. Huge promises...

So firstly the facts. This product does come in three (?) shades: Light, Medium and Dark.
The shades are very universal, but very yellow toned. So if you need cool toned/pink toned product, I don't really think that this will work so well.
Packaging of this product is a very normal tube. Tube is good type of packaging, 'cause it's hygienic and easy to use. Sadly, in this particular case, the tube is very messy and kind of leaks, so you can waste product if you aren't careful.
Third, the price. This is affordable, so if you want to try BB cream for cheap, this is a good option.

And then to the product itself. This BB cream is very average, I don't feel that it does anything magical. You can use this without moisturizer underneath if you are in a hurry, it gives a little moisture on its own, but I wouldn't do that too often. I like to use moisturizer underneath this, 'cause I feel it really needs it.
The coverage is light, but you can build it up to good medium coverage. With one layer it does even out your skin tone, but with more layers it does cover some imperfections like acne scarring or pimples. I have layered this up to three layers and it doesn't look bad or cakey.
The finish is semi-matte in my opinion. It makes your skin look healthy and bright, but not too shiny. I really prefer that kind of finish, but if you thought that this product is going to be your ultimate matte BB cream, you may be disappointed.

Then the staying power. It is a worst thing about this product and also the thing why I'm not going to re-purchase this. The staying power is POOR. This product looks good at first, but after 3-4 hours it starts to look oily and after 5 hours it is a total mess. Using or not using moisturizer underneath doesn't change anything, even primer doesn't change the staying of this product. And my skin isn't even that oily!

So this product didn't live to its promises. It's good in some ways, but not good enough. I could recommend this product to people with normal to dry skin (even tho this is targeted to people with combination/oily skin).

Then a little pros and cons:

PROS
+ Nice buildable coverage
+ Semi-matte finish on your skin
+ Comfortable to wear
+ Price
+ SPF

CONS
- Staying power is awful if you have combination/oily skin
- Shade selection is poor
- Tube can get messy
- Doesn't really correspond to the promises

on 12/5/2013 5:16:00 PM

I'm surprised how much I like this. It's thin, not creamy, and doesn't have the slight shimmer that the regular version has, but am finding it much more wearable so far. I have combination skin (oilier in the summer), dry-ish around the eyes...pretty common. I rub it in with warmed-up fingers and although it seems too light at first, it blends in very nicely with no obvious lines. Finish is very natural and it wears well all day-great oil control on the nose!. Really appreciate this under my eyes as it brightens/covers, doesn't settle into fine lines and doesn't irritate. For some reason, a lot of drugstore foundations cause my eyes to sting a bit.
Many here have mentioned how the tube leaks during travel, so hoping that Garnier can figure that out as this is a good find!

I really like this product, especially for summer. I don't like to wear heavy foundations so this is perfect just to even out my skintone. I'm extremely pale though so the colour options I had available to me were awful. The light/medium was way too orange for my skintone, but I'm able to buff it and blend it so that it matches my skintone a little better. I've heard there is a "light" shade now but I have yet to find that in a store near me. It gives a nice light coverage, evens out my skintone, and I find it has really good staying power. With a finishing powder, I find it can last all day. I will repurchase this if I can find a lighter shade. Con : I HATE the packaging and consistency. I find I have to store it with the cap upwards otherwise it leaks all over the place because the consistency is so runny.