Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this since it came out. I absolutely love it. I used to use heavy foundations, but this actually gives me cover for redness and flaws without being heavy. The original version that is not for oily skin was a little too dark even in the 'light' shade, but when they came out with this version for oily skin in light it was a perfect match for me.

On me it lasts pretty much all day without being drying or settling in pores. I only use a light moisturiser underneath (which I recommend even if you are oily), and a regular pressed powder on top.

My only gripe about it is that it's a little runny and if you don't put the cap back properly it can leak.

I find it lasts quite a long time and I can usually get it on sale when I need it again. Just got a new tube at Boots for around £6. Nice!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat fair skin, and the lightest shade, light/medium is way to dark. I get around that by mixing it with my white moisturizer. The coverage is much more sheer that way, but this bb cream blends beautifully with my moisturizer (basic olay spf 15). With this method I like that I'm getting a physical sunblock from moisturizer, and also the sunblock in the bb cream. It feels sticky and miserable after as I'm putting it on. The result looks like my skin though, a great "no makeup" way to even out my skin tone. This doesn't settle in my pores.

I've had this for 9 months, and first applied it by itself all over my face in the summer. I have oily skin, and oil broke through pretty fast, and it did not look good. I haven't had this problem in the winter or when I mix it in with my moisturizer. So there is a decent amount of negatives/positives for this bb cream...

Negative:

Poor shade selection
Not long wearing for oily skin
Chemical sunscreen ingredient, Octinoxate, stings my eyes
Physical sunscreen ingredient, titanium dioxide, gives a chalky, non brightening effect

Positive:

Shade selection issue solved by mixing with moisturizer
Good amount of SPF
Does not emphasize pores
Finish very natural, skin like
Covers redness/blemishes

Edit: This is breaking me out! I've been wearing other foundations/bb creams...no breakouts. When I wear this, the next morning I have white heads around my chin/neck/lips. I'm sad because this really does give a natural finish.

Edit: I tried the garnier bb cream with salicylic acid marketed for acne, and I love it so much better! The light/medium shade actually matches my skin tone, and I don't have to water it down w/ my moisturizer. No breakouts! No spf! (I dislike spf, b/c I already where sunscreen)

on 7/16/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've tried many BB/CC/DD/etc. Creams and Tinted Moisturizers and this is the ONLY one (so far) that has "my idea" of a matte finish. It actually controls oil, and it doesn't have any of the "shimmer" and "glow" that makes oily skin look greasy. This BB is very much like one of the "serum foundations" that every makeup brand is releasing this summer. If you want a true "cream" this may disappoint you, but its serum texture is a huge plus for me. Garnier BB Cream feels refreshing as soon as it's applied, and it "sets" (as matte makeup should), and doesn't budge. I don't wear anything under this...I use it as my one-step face product. I am pleased with the broad-spectrum sunscreens (Octinoxate 3%; Titanium Dioxide 4.7%.) A little goes a long way, so there's a LOT in this container. Garnier BB Cream is a quick, easy, flattering "everyday" makeup. I like makeup to look as much like skin as possible. For SPF 20, Garnier BB does a good job. Also, this BB is tenacious...it even stays on well when I swim! The only negatives for me are the perfumey scent, and the pink undertones. I wish this wasn't fragranced. It has a nice, clean, pleasant fragrance, but it's noticeable for a long time, and it bugs me. (This is my problem though, not the BB Cream's). Overall, this is a terrific product, especially for the low price.)

on 7/9/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG BB Cream / Foundation! I'm an NC20 and feel like the Light/Med shade works for me. My skin is combo-oily, much more oily in the warmer months.

This covers like a light-to-med coverage foundation but is much thinner and more comfortable on the skin. It gets rid of redness and any small marks on my face. I do need to use a separate concealer for very, very red breakouts, but I don't mind. It still allows a good amount of my natural skin to show through and I don't look or feel like I'm wearing a mask. I set this with Stay Matte powder from Rimmel and I feel like that keeps me oily-free for about half the day. I do find I have to re-apply my powder around lunchtime but I don't mind at all. This BB cream sits beautifully under my other makeup, it doesn't make them fade or get patchy.

I truly believe this is the best American BB Cream on the market right now. It has it all: oil-control, modest coverage, and a natural finish. Good job Garnier!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a HUGE fan of this product. It has become my holy grail, go-to foundation I wear on a daily basis. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I have tried every foundation out there to meet my needs: doesn't oxidize, gives flawless coverage, keeps me matte, and this product does all of the above and more. I am super oily, so I find after about 5 hours I am needing to powder my t-zone, but that is completely understandable because I am not hoping to find a miracle product. When I am running around and sweat on my forehead area, I do find it does come off pretty easy, but I am not too concerned. Double wear was my favourite foundation for a long time, and that one did separate on my face a bit after a few hours, so when I applied this after reading amazing reviews I was shocked to find my face looking 10x better than Estee Lauder had ever made it look. Definitely will be repurchasing for a long time.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My holy grail base product! (That is, until I find a new one :D)

It's best for a quick, everyday quick fix; it doesn't cake easily and blends really, really well. I've used brushes, a sponge and fingers, and there isn't that much of a variation in the final product. Coverage, I'd say is light-medium. It does the job, covering up minor blemishes and slight discolouration. Depending on how severe your undereye circles are, it can cover them too. (If it can't, it's nothing a little concealer can't sort out.)
The BB cream gives a semi-matte, almost satin-like finish; again, depending on how oily your skin is, it can start off as semi-matte, ending in a more dewy finish after a few hours (best bet is after 5-6)
If you do have oilier/very oily skin, I'd recommend a good mattifying powder and some blotting sheets. Also, the product claims to be non-comedogenic, which is great for people with sensitive skin that is also acne prone. I haven't broken out once since I've started using it. (Two months and counting.)
Lasting power is surprisingly great; I apply it at around 8 in the morning and take it off at four, when I get home from school, and it still looks somewhat close to fresh. Just a lot more dewy.
Finally, it has an SPF of 20, although it isn't the highest, it's up there alongside the Revlon Photoready BB. I don't see a problem with SPF 20, but it would be really good if Garnier made it UVA and/or UVB absorbing; though, I think that's asking for a little bit too much.
I have two main gripes with this product; in the UK, only two shades are available. A light that is quite light and a darker medium. I am aware in the US they have three or four, but it is beyond my imagination as to why they're only making two shades available over here. In the winter, when I get a little paler, I can mix a bit of the light with some medium, and I have a perfect shade. It's a bit of a hassle however, especially when you're in a rush. On the plus side, the BB cream doesn't lean towards the warm or cool side; it strikes me as being more neutral, so it's a lot more forgiving to my olive-tan skin than most other foundations or BB creams I know.
Another problem I have is that the formula is quite watery and runny; it's advisable to store it upside down, so that you don't get streams of the product flooding out. Yes, with very quick and easy blending comes a price.
The product really is for oily/combination skin, as there is quite a bit of alcohol in it (not a boatload, however). This may be a concern for some people, especially for those with sensitive noses due to there being a strong scent at first which thankfully doesn't linger throughout the day.
If you have dry skin, you could get away with using this, but moisturising is key, as well as exfoliating to get rid of any dry spots to prevent the product clinging to them
Finally, the product comes in a box, which I think adds a nice touch to it, seeing as how most other drugstore BB creams come without boxes. Additionally, due to its runny consistency, a pump would be very handy. (*cough* like tude House's Precious Minerals BB *cough*)
I'd like to add that you will need to have a look in the skincare aisle for this.
I bought this at Boots for around 9.99, but it's around 2fl oz or 60ml, so it should be enough for a while (again, depending on how often you use it)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Me: Medium-deep skin tone with warm undertones/oily/acne-prone/sensitive

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector is my favorite BB cream; I wear it for everyday looks or days I don't want to wear anything too heavy. Some people do build it up to a medium finish, but I prefer a sheer coverage with this makeup. It really does even out my skin tone & it worked well with my oily skin. A lot of products made especially for combination to oily skin don't work as well as I need them to but this does that. I don't think this gave me a true matte finish, but the way it looks nice & natural on my skin is great.

The cream is a little watery in my opinion, but it does blend easily & matches my red skin tone so well. I do think it looks a little weird when I first put it on; I really like how it looks after my skin soaks it upit looks less cakey after it sets. A lot of people complain about how it's a bit red & oxidizes orange & honestly, I like it because I do have redness in my face & it's hard for me to find dark foundation/BB creams that are red-toned. This does hold up throughout the day, & I am definitely a fan. Though there aren't many options if you have dark/black skin, if you're around the NW40 range, I'd try it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my holy grail!
What I love about this product the most is probably its coverage and its consistency. I personally find its low-viscosity to be appropriate for a bb cream; the thinness of it makes my skin feel airy and unconstrained. Depending on how much you apply, you can get light coverage or approach full coverage I find-- but that wouldn't be the case if you have bad acne or serious redness. After all, it is a bb cream. For me personally, this is fantastic coverage. I don't even wear concealer because this stuff does the trick. I only have some slight hyper pigmentation on my cheeks (which I am treating effectively-- I got it as a result of a break out from using an oil based product-- pimples suck) and a few very tiny pimples on my forehead. I don't really have a lot of pimples or serious scarring so for me this product is suiting. I use it every day, and it does NOT break me out.

HOWEVER, it's not perrrrfect.
I purchased the specific version of this product labeled shine control because my skin has a tendency to get oily just about everywhere. I don't think it does much to control shine, and the SPF is negligible. Anything under SPF 30 is useless so the labeled "sun protection" is a gimmick. This stuff is probably awesome if you have normal skin. Also: the packaging can be a little annoying if you aren't careful, since it is runny. Don't leave it laying on its side while unsecured, it WILL spill and you will lose product. Overall i think I'd prefer this packaging over a pump because I find that a lot of product goes unused with a pump.

Otherwise, if you set this with a powder (I use E.L.F's tone correcting powder) after letting it finish, it's swell. The finish is pretty matte, but since I'm oily, I get more of a dewey finish within a few hours, which I don't mind. Lately it's been blazing hot out so this product has been doing nothing to stop the oil. But I personally don't think products can do much to stop the natural chemistry of our bodies to react to the environment. The coverage lasts over 6 hours I'd say, but I'd definitely recommend touching it up with some oil blotting sheets if you're oily like me. and for only 11 dollars, you can bet i'm buying it again.

on 5/22/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my very first BB cream. I tended to stay clear of them because of their sheer coverage. I need more of a medium to full coverage, and most BB creams just weren't that. When I heard about this, and looked up the reviews saying it was more coverage than most BB creams I jumped at the opportunity to give it a try.

It does have great coverage, but! I do have to mix a little foundation with it to get the desired coverage I prefer. That being said, I can wear it alone - and it does blur many of my imperfections and makes my skin look great. Blemishes still show through.

The consistency is like coloured water. Literally. It runs out of the tube, and will run right off your hand if you even tilt it slightly. So be careful. But it blends quite well. I often use my hands to apply, and finish off with a damp beauty blender. The light matches me, but it is a tad too dark. More colour selection is definitely needed.

As for keeping me shine free ... umm no! I even set it with a matte powder, and I get shiny after a few hours. Which I can live with I guess. Oily skin gals really look for that miracle product that will suddenly make their skin shine free, just not going to happen. Well, not for me anyways. No big deal, nothing an oil blotting paper can't fix.

The packaging totally sucks. It needs a pump! The packing would do, if the stuff wasn't so watery.

on 3/16/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is my favorite bb cream and i've tried about ten different ones ranging from high end to drug store. i really like the thin consistency- it blends in nicely and looks really natural. using my fingers gives the most natural finish and i always top it with a light dusting of bare minerals matte powder for more coverage and oil control. this keeps me from getting oily and i always get compliments when i'm wearing it.