Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.7

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

on 11/10/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First things first, I've got combination to oily sensitive skin.

I think this bb cream is great but not perfect. It's cheap and I find it's better than the many other drugstore bb creams.

The first time I used this, I used it by itself, i did not set i with powder and it was a mess. It does give a good coverage (I've got a little bit of redness and texture on the sides of my face and this covers it pretty good), still natural looking but since I didn't set it, I got way too oily, more than usual and I didn't like it at all.
The way I currently use it is after applying moisturizer. I blend it with my fingers(have tried blend it with a beauty sponge and it didn't blend that good) and afterwards I put my powder with my damp beauty sponge. (I think this step is what makes a difference, it gives a really matte finish and my pores are uneven) and it's the best combination. I use my Rimmel stay matte powder, and the combination with this bb cream is flawless. I do get oily but nothing that blottering papers can't solve. I look natural and my skin looks pretty good. I have already used another powered to set it, a maybelline one and it just dried my skin and did nothing for my oil.
I used it on a daily basis, and it has never given me breakouts and it does hydrate my skin.

I also think it's got a orange undertone to it, so it's a little bit dar for me (I'm medium with yellow undertone) but the powder kinda balances if that makes sense.

Finally, this bb cream is really liquid. It's a mess when you get some of it out of the package but well, I think it's not a big deal

In conclusion, if you want a reaaaally matte bb cream this is not for you. I think it would work better on dry skin because like it does not control oil on a 100% but it does the job. You get a good product por the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually repurchased this after a few years ago when I used to love this product. It felt good on the skin and had a good coverage. However, this time I found it had a red undertone to it, which doesn't match my skin tone (I'm olive toned and now the Medium color is way dark. Perhaps the Light is for me, but I'm worried about the red undertone.) It does not have a full coverage, so you can see my acne scars now but it isn't something I'm really bothered about since it's just a BB cream.

I feel like it does its job, I still get oily but only after hours, which blotting paper can fix. I wish they had a wider color range. The tube isn't something I am bothered with, it can get messy with the watery texture of the BB cream, but not something a wiping can't fix.

on 9/18/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very good! I lived in a humid place and it stayed on my face! I think this is the best drugstore bb cream. Only downside is the horrible packaging that makes a bit of a mess but other then that, I love it!

I suppose I don't have oily enough skin for this product, but I feel this is a great tinted moisturizer if you do have oily skin. It's very watery, and smooth. I like to use it as a concealer (mainly for beneath my eyes). But if your oiliness is accompanied by dry, flaky skin like myself, it will undoubtedly bring out every little dry patch you have on your face. You'll be better off trying another type of BB cream! Also, it only comes in two shades, and it just happens to barely work for me, though it does look a little orange. I think I would buy this product again... if I hadn't bought the version for oily skin. I'm going to try the other one and see how it works. :)

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUDATION!!!! Not only is this product amazing, it lasts FOREVER! It has amazing coverage for a bb cream but still doesn't look like a foundation. It literally looks like a second skin! It covers my acne and acne scars easily. My skin is very oily so I do set it with a powder but it doesn't need any extra coverage! It has good staying power, about 8-10 hours until you need to reapply. But with a primer it will last over 12 hours!! I've never liked bb creams because I've always needed fuller coverage, and I've never loved full coverage foundation because it feels so heavy. This is neither of those, it's great coverage and so lightweight I forget I'm wearing it. I would reccomend this bb cream to everyone. $11 and it will last about 4 months!

on 3/3/2015 12:48:00 PM

I like that this product is really liquidy so you don't feel like your wearing a ton of stuff on your face, it feels really light. The only downside of that is that it tends to leak. It hasn't irritated my skin so far which is a good sign, but unfortunately I can't love this product. It goes on easily enough (I use my fingers to pat it on my skin) and when you look at it from afar my skin looks glowing and healthy.. However, when you look closely and in natural lighting it looks TERRIBLE. It looks really obvious that I'm wearing something and it tends to look patchy and it highlights any peach fuzz. Perhaps there's a better way to apply it? Some people have said that it looks better the longer you wear it so I suppose I'll test that theory, but at the moment I can't say I love this bb cream :(

on 7/1/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have a lot of pigmentations on my skin from acne. I was looking for a concealer but I didn't just want to cover them up. I wanted to try a bb cream as it helps with marks and large pores. I got the shade medium/deep since the light/medium would be too light. The product is very watery and will leak. I applied it on and I notice that it was a little too dark and a bit reddish orange. This will work if you are very tanned otherwise you will look like an oompa loompa.
It does not mattify at all it feels slightly sticky on the skin. It doesn't minimizes pores only covers them? However it has great coverage for a bb cream and I find that the best way to apply is using a egg sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product from Walmart for $9.98 so pricing is decent. The packaging, being that it is a runny product, could be a mess if you were to store it the way it stands. However, that problem is solved if you just stored it upside down. Color wise, I'm NC25 by MAC during the wintertime with a true yellow undertone, this in Light-Medium would probably be too dark and pink toned for me during the winter. Since it's now pretty much summer here in LA, the color actually matches my current tan so I didn't have much of an issue there. I can get up to NC30-35 during the summer. Application was easy due to the blend ability( I applied it to one half of my face, blended it out with my RT expert face brush, before finishing the other half) and dry time wasn't bad. Nothing like Revlon liquid colorstay. The coverage was light to medium and surprisingly blurred all my discoloration and redness giving me an even tone all over. On top of that, it dried to a matte finish which is my favorite finish since I'm oily. However even though it was nice overall, I was a complete oily mess within 2 hours. Keep in mind, I do prep my foundations with light moisturizer and primer and top everything off with powder. I don't know why it didn't help with oil control even though it's marketed to do so. I also think it caused me a break out after just one use. That's a huge negative for me. I do have acne prone skin so maybe this bb cream clogged my pores somehow due to the chemical levels. Overall, I had to return it even though I was hoping it would be a summer staple. Currently my HG everyday foundation is Revlon Colorstay liquid Combo/Oily. It gives me a great full matte coverage that is easily buildable without looking cakey. My oily skin stays fully matte up to 5 hours and then starts to look more "natural" after my oils break through. Still nice looking IMHO. Lastly, it doesn't break me out at all whereas this bb cream did. So even though the initial application was nice, I would have still kept it had it not been for the pore clogging issues it gave me.

on 5/7/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I absolutely love it! Perfect matte finish, doesn't feel heavy on skin and actually, it's healthy (healthier than a foundation at least)