Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Yay, my HG bb cream! And it was the first one I've ever tried. I used to wear it on its own when I had no pimples. But since I've got some for about 3 months I need more coverage. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin is good but too dry. And this would result in a cakey face. So I mix both of them, 50/50, use some fixing powder and fixing spray and voila, my skin looks good for the day. For difficult areas dark under eyes, pimples) on my face, I use some more of my mixed "BB Foundation" and it's all done. Only downside is that after a full shift I see some shiny parts on my face but it still looks glowy and not like eeeeeewww oily! Shade range is ok, I'm NC15-20 and light is perfect. So, please test the shades before rating this product bad, ok?

I got the medium shade, I would say that I have a fair-medium skin colour. Getting the medium shade wasn't not a problem, I reckon that the shade actually suited me.

The first time I tried this product I thought that the finish looked really good. It had a matte finish and I would say that the coverage is pretty good as well. It was a light/medium coverage, but it was able to hide some of my small spots and some scars. I liked the coverage because I was able to wear it every day. I go to uni and of course I didn't want to put on heavy makeup every day.

After a few weeks of wearing this bb cream, I noticed something different. I started breaking out. I was not too sure if it was because of this bb cream or the moisturiser that I was using or maybe both. When I stopped using the moisturiser, I was still using this bb cream. My breakout has reduced, however, I would still breakout from time to time (if that makes sense). Also, I noticed that the side of my nose looked drier, hours after applying the bb cream. Some part of my face looked nice and matte, but some part looked kinda patchy and reddish.

Personally, I wouldn't buy this product again. I liked the coverage and finish of it. But if it's just going to break me out, it's not worth buying again.

on 12/16/2016 1:49:00 PM

This is my day-to-day go to BB cream! I have oily/combo skin and I have occasional breakouts (not caused by this product). I enjoy this product because it looks very natural and not too heavy on my skin as a normal foundation would. I do find that this product has really nice sheer to medium coverage on me and I care layer it up to cover discoloration. When I use this product, I always use a damp sponge (gives much better coverage than a brush for me) and I always set it with a powder. This product does not do a great job of controlling my oil, but it is manageable and keeps my skin looking natural.

on 8/21/2016 12:58:00 AM

My skin:
-combination to oily
- not acne prone
-quite sensitive
-don't really tend to break out
-quite clear skin.

That said I can see this product worked for a lot of people but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
At first it made my skin feel really nice and matte but that lasted about 5-10 minutes.
It made me super oily even in areas where I'm not usually oily like my cheeks, it broke me out after 3 hours of wearing (and I don't really tend to have breakouts) and felt super heavy on my face, even when it didn't look too oily I was feeling my face being super oily ( if that makes any sense).

I want to state that I have tried this with powder, with a primer and with nothing on my skin because ai really wanted it to work but the result was always the same, and I did try it several times because hope is the last thing to die but now it's completely dead.

Also the packagingis not practical at all because the formula is very liquid and if you store it heads down like it's "supposed" to be stored you will get product everywhere.

Considering it works for a lot of people I do not find it pricy at all, it is very affordable but, like I said, it didn't work for me at all and just made everything worse.

Hope it works for you tho. :)

on 7/12/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this after reading so many good reviews about this product. Today is my first time wearing it. I was hoping it would keep me matte after my morning commute to/from home/train/work but it's been a couple of hours and I am already an oil slick down my nose. Even though it's light coverage, it's feels heavy on the skin. Also, it wasn't as easy to blend as other BB creams I've tried. With that said, I rather pay a few more dollars for the Body Shop's Vitamin E BB cream. No oil control just like the Garnier but at least it feels light on my skin and not at all heavy/sticky.

on 1/20/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this the other day and loved it! I'm really oily skinned and I don't like to go out without some kind of layer to combat shine/pores/dark circles so I found great reviews for this BB so I figured why not? I put it on my bare face before the gym and it blurred my pores, kept me matte and gave pretty good coverage! It even lasted thru sweating and I didn't look like an oily mess after...it didn't even crease around my eyes which I also have problems with, and I didn't use powder or anything. I used it yesterday again and took a nap with it on and again, no creasing and it didn't even move. I love this stuff, just wish it was darker in color, it's a little light for me.

on 9/14/2015 12:23:00 PM

If you are looking for a BB cream that controls shine, is light weight but has a light to medium coverage, this is your match!
I bought it for about $14 in the light/medium tone...it may seem a bit pricey but it is a large tube and since the product itself isn't creamy, its more liquidy, a little bit goes a LOOOOONG way. So you are getting more bang for your buck ;)
I use this BB cream for those "I don't feel like wearing foundation" days. It is very light weight and it can stand on its own or you can use your compact powder if you want to set it and have a bit more coverage. It will last the whole day if you use it alone.
It gives me the right amount of moisture on my dry areas and shine control in my t-zone.
The product absorbs very well and doesn't take long to dry.
Since this is a treatment/makeup, I will say that it has minimized some dark spots on my skin and it hydrates it as well.
I do recommend this as an alternative to using foundation and I will be buying another pretty soon ;)

After using this for a few months, I'm downgrading my review. I still like the matte look, but it's a pain to blend in and can be very streaky if you don't really work it in. The color is still good, and there is tons left in my package so I'm also downgrading the price because it's a good value for how much you get.

I just moved from desert dry Colorado to humid as heck Wisconsin in the middle of the summer. My awesome MAC face and body was just too oily and too short lasting for these current conditions - and I refuse to powder the heck out of my face. I bought this and have been wearing it daily over another sunscreen, and it's heaven. Definitely a full coverage BB, and I have to use even less of this than I do my regular MAC. I also find that I need to apply with a foundation brush, then buff out with a flat top to get a smooth look. I imagine a Beauty Blender would fix this problem, but I don't have one. In the light/medium tone, I get great coverage that still looks like skin in the sunshine, no separation, and no oxidation as the day goes on. I even use this to cover spots on my chest and body to even everything out while still looking fresh. This tube is sooo big that it's probably going to go bad, or I'll get bored with it before I run out.

This is my first BB Cream, which a friend had recommended to me. I have previously either used foundation or gone makeup-free. I tried a tinted moisturizer, but didn't like it, as I wanted a little more coverage. This BB Cream offers the perfect in-between coverage; more than a tinted moisturizer, but less coverage than a foundation. The Light/Medium color works well for my skin tone, and I appreciate the fact that this formula is made for combination skin. I do notice my skin looks a little bit oily by the end of the day, but that is normal for me - I think this controls my oil fairly well; granted, now that I am closer to 30 than 20 my skin is less oily than it was in my teens and early 20s. The coverage is just enough to cover the dark spots from old acne lesions, but it would not be enough coverage for problem skin. I really like using this in the summer because it doesn't feel like I have any makeup on. And the SPF is genius! Keep in mind, though, for SPF to be effective, you need to reapply SPF-containing products if you will be outside longer than 2 hours after putting it on. I wouldn't reapply the BB cream but I'd use a light sunscreen for the face over it if I were to be outside all day. And yes, if I ran out of this product I am pretty certain I'd buy it again: great price (was $9.96 when I got it), simple squeeze tube packaging, and offers nice, light coverage.

I have combination/oily skin and products that I've tried in the past have either caked up when applied or made my face feel even oilier. I love this BB cream! I use the light which fits my skin tone perfectly. It applies flawlessly and keeps the oil under control all day while still giving my face a dewey fresh look. I have sensitive skin as well and this product has never given me any issues. My one complaint is that the applicator tube can get a little messy (since the cream is somewhat thin) which can be a pain to clean up.