Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.5

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

on 11/13/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to product. I have combination/ dry skin. And it works really well. I think if you have more oily skin it would be to heavy. It does take some work to blend well so, I took a point off. over all it is a good product. Will keep using.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this since it came out. I absolutely love it. I used to use heavy foundations, but this actually gives me cover for redness and flaws without being heavy. The original version that is not for oily skin was a little too dark even in the 'light' shade, but when they came out with this version for oily skin in light it was a perfect match for me.

On me it lasts pretty much all day without being drying or settling in pores. I only use a light moisturiser underneath (which I recommend even if you are oily), and a regular pressed powder on top.

My only gripe about it is that it's a little runny and if you don't put the cap back properly it can leak.

I find it lasts quite a long time and I can usually get it on sale when I need it again. Just got a new tube at Boots for around £6. Nice!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat fair skin, and the lightest shade, light/medium is way to dark. I get around that by mixing it with my white moisturizer. The coverage is much more sheer that way, but this bb cream blends beautifully with my moisturizer (basic olay spf 15). With this method I like that I'm getting a physical sunblock from moisturizer, and also the sunblock in the bb cream. It feels sticky and miserable after as I'm putting it on. The result looks like my skin though, a great "no makeup" way to even out my skin tone. This doesn't settle in my pores.

I've had this for 9 months, and first applied it by itself all over my face in the summer. I have oily skin, and oil broke through pretty fast, and it did not look good. I haven't had this problem in the winter or when I mix it in with my moisturizer. So there is a decent amount of negatives/positives for this bb cream...

Negative:

Poor shade selection
Not long wearing for oily skin
Chemical sunscreen ingredient, Octinoxate, stings my eyes
Physical sunscreen ingredient, titanium dioxide, gives a chalky, non brightening effect

Positive:

Shade selection issue solved by mixing with moisturizer
Good amount of SPF
Does not emphasize pores
Finish very natural, skin like
Covers redness/blemishes

Edit: This is breaking me out! I've been wearing other foundations/bb creams...no breakouts. When I wear this, the next morning I have white heads around my chin/neck/lips. I'm sad because this really does give a natural finish.

Edit: I tried the garnier bb cream with salicylic acid marketed for acne, and I love it so much better! The light/medium shade actually matches my skin tone, and I don't have to water it down w/ my moisturizer. No breakouts! No spf! (I dislike spf, b/c I already where sunscreen)

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUDATION!!!! Not only is this product amazing, it lasts FOREVER! It has amazing coverage for a bb cream but still doesn't look like a foundation. It literally looks like a second skin! It covers my acne and acne scars easily. My skin is very oily so I do set it with a powder but it doesn't need any extra coverage! It has good staying power, about 8-10 hours until you need to reapply. But with a primer it will last over 12 hours!! I've never liked bb creams because I've always needed fuller coverage, and I've never loved full coverage foundation because it feels so heavy. This is neither of those, it's great coverage and so lightweight I forget I'm wearing it. I would reccomend this bb cream to everyone. $11 and it will last about 4 months!

I have combination/oily skin and products that I've tried in the past have either caked up when applied or made my face feel even oilier. I love this BB cream! I use the light which fits my skin tone perfectly. It applies flawlessly and keeps the oil under control all day while still giving my face a dewey fresh look. I have sensitive skin as well and this product has never given me any issues. My one complaint is that the applicator tube can get a little messy (since the cream is somewhat thin) which can be a pain to clean up.

on 1/7/2015 10:49:00 AM

I didn't finish this bottle I had purchased.

Too greasy for my oily skin for use during the summer. My makeup slid around on my face if I applied it in the afternoon and stayed out till late at night. Coverage is cruddy too, I needed a lot to cover my discoloration and then more to blend it in with the rest of my face that was NOT that color. It was too yellow for my complexion and my face looked weirdly tan. I'm pink, yeah, but this was like a fake tanner for me. I have no idea who on earth is this yellow.

This also did nothing to erase my pores, its thin greasy texture just sat and highlighted them. I also think it may have caused a breakout on my skin. Its just too greasy to get off easily at night with cleanser + remover, you also have to remove all of your skins moisture barrier to get it completely off, except, of course, if you change your clothes or sleep on your side, in which case its all over your shirt or pillowcase.

I made a mess of my makeup bag once with it cause i set it down without the cap completely on while I covered my pimples and it poured out everywhere.

Ugh. I'm actually mad that I bought into the hype and purchased this, good thing its cheap.

I love this product, I bought one the year before last, use it pretty much 6/7 days every week, and it lasted me 15 month, so worth the money, initially I thought it was expensive at 9.99 but given how long it lasted it was certainly worth the money, it's a light coverage for every day use, great for evening out uneven skin tones. Not good for covering spots as it's a thin consistency but I just pop a bit of concealer on when I'm having a bad skin day. I am very pale and the colour isn't orange which I love, as even the palest foundations are sometimes too dark for my pasty complexion lol.

I have just bought some more as I think it's fab!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a HUGE fan of this product. It has become my holy grail, go-to foundation I wear on a daily basis. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I have tried every foundation out there to meet my needs: doesn't oxidize, gives flawless coverage, keeps me matte, and this product does all of the above and more. I am super oily, so I find after about 5 hours I am needing to powder my t-zone, but that is completely understandable because I am not hoping to find a miracle product. When I am running around and sweat on my forehead area, I do find it does come off pretty easy, but I am not too concerned. Double wear was my favourite foundation for a long time, and that one did separate on my face a bit after a few hours, so when I applied this after reading amazing reviews I was shocked to find my face looking 10x better than Estee Lauder had ever made it look. Definitely will be repurchasing for a long time.

on 10/26/2014 2:47:00 PM

This is my first American bb cream I've tried. Before I've used Lioele water drop & Laneige snow bb cream. My comparison is they are to light for me, even when it oxidize's it still too light.

When Garnier came out with this bb cream I was excited. I couldn't wait so I went to Walmart & used a pink sponge from Mac (which I have a review on if you want to check my page) it made my skin look so airbrushed like I didn't have makeup on. Even my boyfriend commented saying I look pretty today.

It even out my discolouration, hyperpigmentation & my acne scars. My blush/bronzer look even better then how I did my makeup before.

If you want a quick & easy foundation this product it for you trust me.