Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 4/8/2013 2:55:00 PM

I never owned a BB cream because I tend to become almost instantly sick to death of trends and fads. So after being surrounded by the unrelenting BB cream hysteria for so long, I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to hear the bloody things mentioned. And now we have CC creams. Can't wait for the DD installment (rolleye). Out of curiosity, I tried a few samples of different brands at Sephora and hated them all: too greasy, too sheer, absurd shades, and just to add insult to injury, ridiculously expensive.

I was at Walgreens on Saturday, and a lady was doing some sort of promotion about different products suitable for the coming season. One of her suggestions for oily skinks was Garnier's BB cream (for oily skins, of course). I told her about my BB cream phobia and she spread a bit of this on my hand. Looked pretty good. Decent coverage and all that. Anyway, being the product junkie I am, I finally gave in and decided to give it a try, with every intention of returning it if I didn't like it.

Well, surprise, surprise. I did like it. As I said, very nice coverage - unless you have really bad acne, or dark scarring, or things like that - lovely satiny finish, stays on well. Light-medium is a very good shade for me. It works better than a good deal of sheer HE "foundations" I could mention (like Bobbi Brown's whole line). It also has SPF. Yes, the consistency is runny. So you just store it standing upwards and dispense it carefully and you won't have any problems. There. Wasn't that easy?

Of course, for special occasions I will still go to my full-cover fdts. But this is going to be very handy for the coming hot days, when I don't have to go anywhere special and I just want to look polished.

But I'm still sick of the BB cream fad.

on 8/28/2013 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim at Target. To be honest, I've been very skeptical about the whole BB cream craze. I just didn't understand why people were so nuts about them. Before this one, I tried two other creams. I tried the Almay Smart Shade in Medium. The color match was great, but it has extremely sheer coverage. I need at least medium coverage. I also tried the Tarte BB cream. I loved the coverage, but it only lasted about 4 hours on my greaseball of a face. My skin is also annoyingly sensitive and allergy prone.

I've wanted to try this product for a while now. But I was hesitant because of my previous experiences with BB creams. I honestly thought I would try it once, hate it, and return it to Target. But that is not what happened. In fact, just the opposite. I fell in love with the BB cream. I thought medium/light would be too light for me, so I bought this in medium/deep. When I first saw the color of the makeup, I was a little concerned. I thought it might be too dark and make me look like an oompa loompa. When you first apply it, it does look a touch dark. But once it dries and sets, the color is perfect. It looks so natural and like your normal skin. For a BB cream, this makeup has great coverage. It smooths out the bumps on my face and covers the redness. I apply my MOM first, let it dry completely, and then put the BB cream over it. I then finish it off with a light dusting of loose powder. It doesn't feel heavy or mask-like at all. It feels like you don't have anything on your face. It also doesn't irritate my annoyingly sensitive skin, which for me, is a huge plus. This BB cream is very easy to work with. It is easy to blend and is buildable to a nice, medium coverage. It doesn't tranfer, stays on all day, and is sweat proof. I never thought I would say this, but I think Iike this better than my MAC Matchmaster. Other reviewers have commented that this BB Cream is a little on the expensive side. I don't really agree. It's less than half the price of my MAC foundation. In addition, you get 2.0 oz in the container and a little goes a long way. This tube will last a long time. I'm so happy I didn't let my hesitation and skepticism keep me from trying this product. I will definitely repurchase this product. I hope it is never discontinued. I think this is definitely HG status for me.

The one minor negative with this product is the packaging. It's a nice, big tube. But the product is very runny, so if you aren't careful, it can tend to spill and make a mess. But It hasn't really been an issue for me. But for me, the positives of this product far outweigh the one minor negative.

EDIT:
I like this BB cream, but there isn't a shade that matches my skin. Medium/deep is WAY too dark, and Light/Medium is a little too light. I really wish there was just a straight medium. I would probably repurchase this in a pinch, but not for every day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I remember the horrible reviews the first release received and the lack of decent coloring was not up to par either. Well, when I found out they released a version for oil/combo skin I snagged a tube at Walgreens. I had a $3 off coupon so if it was a complete wash I wouldn't be out of a ton of money. To my surprise I was impressed with the results. No fragrance to speak of and it gave a nice matte finish without feeling tight on my skin. Plus, the shade deep was a perfect match. I've been using it for several months now and it has worked well with my Hourglass powders and my Bobbi Brown retouching powders. No turning into a pumpkin (no oxidizing) and it survives the climbing Florida temperatures as we head into summer. Overall very impressed with this goodie and I actually reach for it more than my Bobbi Brown and Smashbox BB creams.

on 9/28/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have worn wear MAC NC42, MUFE HD #130, Neutrogena in Tan. I like Revlon CS in Natural Tan and Revlon Photoready in Caramel for full coverage. I'm Of south east Asian decent so Medium/Deep of this works great. Best natural medium coverage!

The scent of this BB cream is pleasant. But i prefer no scent since I am sensitive. The coverage is medium, yet it looks natural. It actually a very nice glow. Like real and beautiful skin. It feels light on the skin. There is a white cast with photos with this product. It contains SPF. If you want to avoid the white cast, use an HD foundation with no SPF. CVS has a knock off that works just as well and is not as runny and a tad cheaper. I take off a lippie for the scent overall. I am sensitive to it but it is mild.

on 3/26/2013 11:15:00 PM

I have used the original Garnier BB cream and liked it but I much prefer this new oil-free formula! I used to be a bit of a make up snob. I went from using Clinique, then Lancome, Clarins, then Estee Lauder, then went down to using Smashbox and Bare Minerals. Then I thought why not try Garnier? I thought if I hated it, at least I only would have spent $15. I was pleasantly surprised by how the original Garnier BB cream worked for me and yay, I love that it is sooo much cheaper than my old brands. I used to have to use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil on top of the original Garnier BB cream to achieve a matte finish. *** Now with this oil-free version, I don't even need my Mineral Veil to set it!!! And I found that sometimes it would go on sale at WalMart for under $13. I got it in light/medium. I am really impressed by how quickly this oil-free BB cream sets to a matte, fresh finish. I love that it is so light and not cakey and it just makes me look well rested and not made up. I dot the product on my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks then spread (just using my ring finger). It is definitely buildable so if you need more coverage, I recommend that you first dot and spread, then just dot and spread again only on the areas where you need extra coverage. Mind you, if a BB cream doesn't give you enough coverage then just go for a straight foundation right?

With the money I save on this BB cream, I now have more money to spend on my favourite luxe brand lipsticks and more pricey can't-do-without makeup items and skincare! For around $13-$15, this product is definitely worth a try. And hey, if you hate it, then at least you didn't spend big bucks right? I will definitely re-purchase. Vote up if you found this review useful :)

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUDATION!!!! Not only is this product amazing, it lasts FOREVER! It has amazing coverage for a bb cream but still doesn't look like a foundation. It literally looks like a second skin! It covers my acne and acne scars easily. My skin is very oily so I do set it with a powder but it doesn't need any extra coverage! It has good staying power, about 8-10 hours until you need to reapply. But with a primer it will last over 12 hours!! I've never liked bb creams because I've always needed fuller coverage, and I've never loved full coverage foundation because it feels so heavy. This is neither of those, it's great coverage and so lightweight I forget I'm wearing it. I would reccomend this bb cream to everyone. $11 and it will last about 4 months!

on 5/19/2014 12:08:00 PM

I'm in heaven with this BB cream, I think it's fabulous!!!! I've never been a huge fan of liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers just haven't given me enough coverage so BB creams have been a blessing for me. I've been using the original Garnier BB cream in Light/Medium for the last 8 months or so but I was running out and saw that they had it in an Oil Free formula so I switched over. I'm quite oily in the T-Zone and figured this one would work better during the summer and it has. I can go for hours longer wearing this and not have to blot once. After a week of wear, I've not experienced any breakouts at all, I like the coverage, it's fairly full coverage and the color is great too. It's pretty neutral and doesn't read orange at all on me and stays the same color throughout the day. I still apply my regular moisturizer underneath (CereVe) and set it with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Light Plus.

My only issue with this is the packaging...it has a screw-top instead of a flip-top and since it's a bit thinner than the original Garner BB cream it's messier to apply. Be careful or you'll end up with an explosion! I keep it in the box and store it upside down since the product tends to leak. I've given it 4 lippies because this is a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, LOVE!!!!

on 7/9/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been a faithful user of ELDW for a few years. i still use it but found that the new formula makes me break out so I have been looking for an everyday alternative. I absolutely love this product. I have extremely oily skin with imperfections and hyperpigmentation and a bare face is just not an option. This product by no means offers full coverage but it does a great job of evening out and mattifying my skin. For a casual day I add a bit of concealer and powder and call it a day. For a flawless finish, I use it as a primer and put a light layer of my Cover Girl 3 in 1 foundation, add bronzer and powder and it LASTS ALL DAY. Seriously. No break through oil even on the last few super hot and humid NYC weather days.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is amazing! It has great coverage and so affordable! Blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! Just bought this on a whim after hearing all the hype about it and I'm mad I didn't get this sooner! I never use my high end foundations anymore. HOLY GRAIL STATUS! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this BB cream. As if it couldn't get any better, you get 2.5 fl oz for only $12! That's a steal!!!!
*I am the shade Light/Medium and it matches me perfectly. I'm a MAC NC30 for reference

Pros
flawless, natural looking
long wearing
light weight
inexpensive
tons of product
SPF 15
blends like a dream

Cons
none

This BB cream does have very big promises. It supposed to give you immediately perfect skin which means that it is oil-free, it gives matte finish, blurs pores and other imperfections, evens skin tone, moisturizes, reduced signs of fatigue and dullness and it does have a SPF as well. Huge promises...

So firstly the facts. This product does come in three (?) shades: Light, Medium and Dark.
The shades are very universal, but very yellow toned. So if you need cool toned/pink toned product, I don't really think that this will work so well.
Packaging of this product is a very normal tube. Tube is good type of packaging, 'cause it's hygienic and easy to use. Sadly, in this particular case, the tube is very messy and kind of leaks, so you can waste product if you aren't careful.
Third, the price. This is affordable, so if you want to try BB cream for cheap, this is a good option.

And then to the product itself. This BB cream is very average, I don't feel that it does anything magical. You can use this without moisturizer underneath if you are in a hurry, it gives a little moisture on its own, but I wouldn't do that too often. I like to use moisturizer underneath this, 'cause I feel it really needs it.
The coverage is light, but you can build it up to good medium coverage. With one layer it does even out your skin tone, but with more layers it does cover some imperfections like acne scarring or pimples. I have layered this up to three layers and it doesn't look bad or cakey.
The finish is semi-matte in my opinion. It makes your skin look healthy and bright, but not too shiny. I really prefer that kind of finish, but if you thought that this product is going to be your ultimate matte BB cream, you may be disappointed.

Then the staying power. It is a worst thing about this product and also the thing why I'm not going to re-purchase this. The staying power is POOR. This product looks good at first, but after 3-4 hours it starts to look oily and after 5 hours it is a total mess. Using or not using moisturizer underneath doesn't change anything, even primer doesn't change the staying of this product. And my skin isn't even that oily!

So this product didn't live to its promises. It's good in some ways, but not good enough. I could recommend this product to people with normal to dry skin (even tho this is targeted to people with combination/oily skin).

Then a little pros and cons:

PROS
+ Nice buildable coverage
+ Semi-matte finish on your skin
+ Comfortable to wear
+ Price
+ SPF

CONS
- Staying power is awful if you have combination/oily skin
- Shade selection is poor
- Tube can get messy
- Doesn't really correspond to the promises