Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.7

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 4/8/2013 2:55:00 PM

I never owned a BB cream because I tend to become almost instantly sick to death of trends and fads. So after being surrounded by the unrelenting BB cream hysteria for so long, I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to hear the bloody things mentioned. And now we have CC creams. Can't wait for the DD installment (rolleye). Out of curiosity, I tried a few samples of different brands at Sephora and hated them all: too greasy, too sheer, absurd shades, and just to add insult to injury, ridiculously expensive.

I was at Walgreens on Saturday, and a lady was doing some sort of promotion about different products suitable for the coming season. One of her suggestions for oily skinks was Garnier's BB cream (for oily skins, of course). I told her about my BB cream phobia and she spread a bit of this on my hand. Looked pretty good. Decent coverage and all that. Anyway, being the product junkie I am, I finally gave in and decided to give it a try, with every intention of returning it if I didn't like it.

Well, surprise, surprise. I did like it. As I said, very nice coverage - unless you have really bad acne, or dark scarring, or things like that - lovely satiny finish, stays on well. Light-medium is a very good shade for me. It works better than a good deal of sheer HE "foundations" I could mention (like Bobbi Brown's whole line). It also has SPF. Yes, the consistency is runny. So you just store it standing upwards and dispense it carefully and you won't have any problems. There. Wasn't that easy?

Of course, for special occasions I will still go to my full-cover fdts. But this is going to be very handy for the coming hot days, when I don't have to go anywhere special and I just want to look polished.

But I'm still sick of the BB cream fad.

on 8/28/2013 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim at Target. To be honest, I've been very skeptical about the whole BB cream craze. I just didn't understand why people were so nuts about them. Before this one, I tried two other creams. I tried the Almay Smart Shade in Medium. The color match was great, but it has extremely sheer coverage. I need at least medium coverage. I also tried the Tarte BB cream. I loved the coverage, but it only lasted about 4 hours on my greaseball of a face. My skin is also annoyingly sensitive and allergy prone.

I've wanted to try this product for a while now. But I was hesitant because of my previous experiences with BB creams. I honestly thought I would try it once, hate it, and return it to Target. But that is not what happened. In fact, just the opposite. I fell in love with the BB cream. I thought medium/light would be too light for me, so I bought this in medium/deep. When I first saw the color of the makeup, I was a little concerned. I thought it might be too dark and make me look like an oompa loompa. When you first apply it, it does look a touch dark. But once it dries and sets, the color is perfect. It looks so natural and like your normal skin. For a BB cream, this makeup has great coverage. It smooths out the bumps on my face and covers the redness. I apply my MOM first, let it dry completely, and then put the BB cream over it. I then finish it off with a light dusting of loose powder. It doesn't feel heavy or mask-like at all. It feels like you don't have anything on your face. It also doesn't irritate my annoyingly sensitive skin, which for me, is a huge plus. This BB cream is very easy to work with. It is easy to blend and is buildable to a nice, medium coverage. It doesn't tranfer, stays on all day, and is sweat proof. I never thought I would say this, but I think Iike this better than my MAC Matchmaster. Other reviewers have commented that this BB Cream is a little on the expensive side. I don't really agree. It's less than half the price of my MAC foundation. In addition, you get 2.0 oz in the container and a little goes a long way. This tube will last a long time. I'm so happy I didn't let my hesitation and skepticism keep me from trying this product. I will definitely repurchase this product. I hope it is never discontinued. I think this is definitely HG status for me.

The one minor negative with this product is the packaging. It's a nice, big tube. But the product is very runny, so if you aren't careful, it can tend to spill and make a mess. But It hasn't really been an issue for me. But for me, the positives of this product far outweigh the one minor negative.

EDIT:
I like this BB cream, but there isn't a shade that matches my skin. Medium/deep is WAY too dark, and Light/Medium is a little too light. I really wish there was just a straight medium. I would probably repurchase this in a pinch, but not for every day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I remember the horrible reviews the first release received and the lack of decent coloring was not up to par either. Well, when I found out they released a version for oil/combo skin I snagged a tube at Walgreens. I had a $3 off coupon so if it was a complete wash I wouldn't be out of a ton of money. To my surprise I was impressed with the results. No fragrance to speak of and it gave a nice matte finish without feeling tight on my skin. Plus, the shade deep was a perfect match. I've been using it for several months now and it has worked well with my Hourglass powders and my Bobbi Brown retouching powders. No turning into a pumpkin (no oxidizing) and it survives the climbing Florida temperatures as we head into summer. Overall very impressed with this goodie and I actually reach for it more than my Bobbi Brown and Smashbox BB creams.

on 9/28/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have worn wear MAC NC42, MUFE HD #130, Neutrogena in Tan. I like Revlon CS in Natural Tan and Revlon Photoready in Caramel for full coverage. I'm Of south east Asian decent so Medium/Deep of this works great. Best natural medium coverage!

The scent of this BB cream is pleasant. But i prefer no scent since I am sensitive. The coverage is medium, yet it looks natural. It actually a very nice glow. Like real and beautiful skin. It feels light on the skin. There is a white cast with photos with this product. It contains SPF. If you want to avoid the white cast, use an HD foundation with no SPF. CVS has a knock off that works just as well and is not as runny and a tad cheaper. I take off a lippie for the scent overall. I am sensitive to it but it is mild.

on 3/26/2013 11:15:00 PM

I have used the original Garnier BB cream and liked it but I much prefer this new oil-free formula! I used to be a bit of a make up snob. I went from using Clinique, then Lancome, Clarins, then Estee Lauder, then went down to using Smashbox and Bare Minerals. Then I thought why not try Garnier? I thought if I hated it, at least I only would have spent $15. I was pleasantly surprised by how the original Garnier BB cream worked for me and yay, I love that it is sooo much cheaper than my old brands. I used to have to use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil on top of the original Garnier BB cream to achieve a matte finish. *** Now with this oil-free version, I don't even need my Mineral Veil to set it!!! And I found that sometimes it would go on sale at WalMart for under $13. I got it in light/medium. I am really impressed by how quickly this oil-free BB cream sets to a matte, fresh finish. I love that it is so light and not cakey and it just makes me look well rested and not made up. I dot the product on my forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks then spread (just using my ring finger). It is definitely buildable so if you need more coverage, I recommend that you first dot and spread, then just dot and spread again only on the areas where you need extra coverage. Mind you, if a BB cream doesn't give you enough coverage then just go for a straight foundation right?

With the money I save on this BB cream, I now have more money to spend on my favourite luxe brand lipsticks and more pricey can't-do-without makeup items and skincare! For around $13-$15, this product is definitely worth a try. And hey, if you hate it, then at least you didn't spend big bucks right? I will definitely re-purchase. Vote up if you found this review useful :)

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUDATION!!!! Not only is this product amazing, it lasts FOREVER! It has amazing coverage for a bb cream but still doesn't look like a foundation. It literally looks like a second skin! It covers my acne and acne scars easily. My skin is very oily so I do set it with a powder but it doesn't need any extra coverage! It has good staying power, about 8-10 hours until you need to reapply. But with a primer it will last over 12 hours!! I've never liked bb creams because I've always needed fuller coverage, and I've never loved full coverage foundation because it feels so heavy. This is neither of those, it's great coverage and so lightweight I forget I'm wearing it. I would reccomend this bb cream to everyone. $11 and it will last about 4 months!

on 5/19/2014 12:08:00 PM

I'm in heaven with this BB cream, I think it's fabulous!!!! I've never been a huge fan of liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers just haven't given me enough coverage so BB creams have been a blessing for me. I've been using the original Garnier BB cream in Light/Medium for the last 8 months or so but I was running out and saw that they had it in an Oil Free formula so I switched over. I'm quite oily in the T-Zone and figured this one would work better during the summer and it has. I can go for hours longer wearing this and not have to blot once. After a week of wear, I've not experienced any breakouts at all, I like the coverage, it's fairly full coverage and the color is great too. It's pretty neutral and doesn't read orange at all on me and stays the same color throughout the day. I still apply my regular moisturizer underneath (CereVe) and set it with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Light Plus.

My only issue with this is the packaging...it has a screw-top instead of a flip-top and since it's a bit thinner than the original Garner BB cream it's messier to apply. Be careful or you'll end up with an explosion! I keep it in the box and store it upside down since the product tends to leak. I've given it 4 lippies because this is a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, LOVE!!!!

on 7/9/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been a faithful user of ELDW for a few years. i still use it but found that the new formula makes me break out so I have been looking for an everyday alternative. I absolutely love this product. I have extremely oily skin with imperfections and hyperpigmentation and a bare face is just not an option. This product by no means offers full coverage but it does a great job of evening out and mattifying my skin. For a casual day I add a bit of concealer and powder and call it a day. For a flawless finish, I use it as a primer and put a light layer of my Cover Girl 3 in 1 foundation, add bronzer and powder and it LASTS ALL DAY. Seriously. No break through oil even on the last few super hot and humid NYC weather days.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is amazing! It has great coverage and so affordable! Blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! Just bought this on a whim after hearing all the hype about it and I'm mad I didn't get this sooner! I never use my high end foundations anymore. HOLY GRAIL STATUS! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this BB cream. As if it couldn't get any better, you get 2.5 fl oz for only $12! That's a steal!!!!
*I am the shade Light/Medium and it matches me perfectly. I'm a MAC NC30 for reference

Pros
flawless, natural looking
long wearing
light weight
inexpensive
tons of product
SPF 15
blends like a dream

Cons
none

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel as though people who look for BB Creams that have very full coverage are very uneducated. BB Creams are meant for sheer-light coverage with the added benefits of skincare. If a product such as American BB Creams claim to have sheer coverage you shouldn't hate rant on the product because it wasn't the full coverage you needed. You should have looked better into what you were buying before you put it on your face with unrealistic expectations. With that in mind, I have very full coverage needs with splotchy acne all over my cheeks and deep, deep scarring on my jawline. For the summer months I really hate foundation because it leaves my face feeling so heavy and greasy despite the products targeted toward my skin type which is SO SO SO MASSIVLY OILY. I was never able to wear BB Creams from America because they are all targeted toward dry skin so of course they leave my skin looking like an oily, hot mess. I never wanted to bother with Asian BB Creams because that is just too much work to do in order to find a product that's suppose to be "All In One Cut Down Your Makeup Routine From 20 Minutes to 5 Minutes" kind of thing. When I found this product at my local Wal-Mart I was so happy that it was targeted for oily skin and reading the box beforehand left me with a lot of high hopes for this product. I expected this to be sheer coverage like most BB Creams. Just something I can throw on when I want to perk up my skin but not do a full on conceal. This product gave me the best coverage out of every other one in the drugstore I've found. More like Light-Medium Buildable. I got the shade Light/Medium and it's a perfect match. It is slightly orange but does not scream oopa loompa. It minimizes my huge pores and conceals minor redness. Of course my huge red acne peeks through but this product tones them down and leaves them not so in your face. I do have to touch up with powder some but it's just my pickiness of not wanting any shine at all. This product truly does last longer than any other BB Cream I've tried by a long shot. I have not smelled anything as far as chemicals go like most reviewers have said and the packaging doesn't leak into the cap because although the product is very liquidy the hole on the tube is so freaking little so I have no idea what other people are talking about. All in all I love this BB Cream :) I've been using this in replacement of my foundations and it lets my skin breathe while doing everything I want it to which is cover, correct and control oil. Couldn't be any happier!