Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 7/22/2016 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Not a product I can wear in warm-hot weather. Even with pressed powder it slips off my face after a couple hours and leaves my skin looking shiny. Ok product with decent longevity and coverage when used in the winter. Would not recommend for people with oily skin, combination to dry will see better results.

on 7/12/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this after reading so many good reviews about this product. Today is my first time wearing it. I was hoping it would keep me matte after my morning commute to/from home/train/work but it's been a couple of hours and I am already an oil slick down my nose. Even though it's light coverage, it's feels heavy on the skin. Also, it wasn't as easy to blend as other BB creams I've tried. With that said, I rather pay a few more dollars for the Body Shop's Vitamin E BB cream. No oil control just like the Garnier but at least it feels light on my skin and not at all heavy/sticky.

To Read all 231 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually repurchased this after a few years ago when I used to love this product. It felt good on the skin and had a good coverage. However, this time I found it had a red undertone to it, which doesn't match my skin tone (I'm olive toned and now the Medium color is way dark. Perhaps the Light is for me, but I'm worried about the red undertone.) It does not have a full coverage, so you can see my acne scars now but it isn't something I'm really bothered about since it's just a BB cream.

I feel like it does its job, I still get oily but only after hours, which blotting paper can fix. I wish they had a wider color range. The tube isn't something I am bothered with, it can get messy with the watery texture of the BB cream, but not something a wiping can't fix.

on 1/20/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this the other day and loved it! I'm really oily skinned and I don't like to go out without some kind of layer to combat shine/pores/dark circles so I found great reviews for this BB so I figured why not? I put it on my bare face before the gym and it blurred my pores, kept me matte and gave pretty good coverage! It even lasted thru sweating and I didn't look like an oily mess after...it didn't even crease around my eyes which I also have problems with, and I didn't use powder or anything. I used it yesterday again and took a nap with it on and again, no creasing and it didn't even move. I love this stuff, just wish it was darker in color, it's a little light for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this since it came out. I absolutely love it. I used to use heavy foundations, but this actually gives me cover for redness and flaws without being heavy. The original version that is not for oily skin was a little too dark even in the 'light' shade, but when they came out with this version for oily skin in light it was a perfect match for me.

On me it lasts pretty much all day without being drying or settling in pores. I only use a light moisturiser underneath (which I recommend even if you are oily), and a regular pressed powder on top.

My only gripe about it is that it's a little runny and if you don't put the cap back properly it can leak.

I find it lasts quite a long time and I can usually get it on sale when I need it again. Just got a new tube at Boots for around £6. Nice!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat fair skin, and the lightest shade, light/medium is way to dark. I get around that by mixing it with my white moisturizer. The coverage is much more sheer that way, but this bb cream blends beautifully with my moisturizer (basic olay spf 15). With this method I like that I'm getting a physical sunblock from moisturizer, and also the sunblock in the bb cream. It feels sticky and miserable after as I'm putting it on. The result looks like my skin though, a great "no makeup" way to even out my skin tone. This doesn't settle in my pores.

I've had this for 9 months, and first applied it by itself all over my face in the summer. I have oily skin, and oil broke through pretty fast, and it did not look good. I haven't had this problem in the winter or when I mix it in with my moisturizer. So there is a decent amount of negatives/positives for this bb cream...

Negative:

Poor shade selection
Not long wearing for oily skin
Chemical sunscreen ingredient, Octinoxate, stings my eyes
Physical sunscreen ingredient, titanium dioxide, gives a chalky, non brightening effect

Positive:

Shade selection issue solved by mixing with moisturizer
Good amount of SPF
Does not emphasize pores
Finish very natural, skin like
Covers redness/blemishes

Edit: This is breaking me out! I've been wearing other foundations/bb creams...no breakouts. When I wear this, the next morning I have white heads around my chin/neck/lips. I'm sad because this really does give a natural finish.

Edit: I tried the garnier bb cream with salicylic acid marketed for acne, and I love it so much better! The light/medium shade actually matches my skin tone, and I don't have to water it down w/ my moisturizer. No breakouts! No spf! (I dislike spf, b/c I already where sunscreen)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Using this on and off since Oct 2015 . Due to adult acne pms breakouts :/ tried it and plan buy in late march whatever run out again . I have it on med/tan shade and quickness drying than set it with powder for t zone areas. I don't use concealer as this takes care if everything for my skin to breathe without feeling like it. Tested during work outs and didn't melt off as long use primer first-round after used it without it did melted off . I take 3-4 min get ready in morning and use 5 things only as this bb cream its one of them . My skin color is sand or beige in others so this was. perfect for my skin color and I look healthier and not pale like other makeup 💄 that does it.

on 9/18/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very good! I lived in a humid place and it stayed on my face! I think this is the best drugstore bb cream. Only downside is the horrible packaging that makes a bit of a mess but other then that, I love it!

on 9/14/2015 12:23:00 PM

If you are looking for a BB cream that controls shine, is light weight but has a light to medium coverage, this is your match!
I bought it for about $14 in the light/medium tone...it may seem a bit pricey but it is a large tube and since the product itself isn't creamy, its more liquidy, a little bit goes a LOOOOONG way. So you are getting more bang for your buck ;)
I use this BB cream for those "I don't feel like wearing foundation" days. It is very light weight and it can stand on its own or you can use your compact powder if you want to set it and have a bit more coverage. It will last the whole day if you use it alone.
It gives me the right amount of moisture on my dry areas and shine control in my t-zone.
The product absorbs very well and doesn't take long to dry.
Since this is a treatment/makeup, I will say that it has minimized some dark spots on my skin and it hydrates it as well.
I do recommend this as an alternative to using foundation and I will be buying another pretty soon ;)

I suppose I don't have oily enough skin for this product, but I feel this is a great tinted moisturizer if you do have oily skin. It's very watery, and smooth. I like to use it as a concealer (mainly for beneath my eyes). But if your oiliness is accompanied by dry, flaky skin like myself, it will undoubtedly bring out every little dry patch you have on your face. You'll be better off trying another type of BB cream! Also, it only comes in two shades, and it just happens to barely work for me, though it does look a little orange. I think I would buy this product again... if I hadn't bought the version for oily skin. I'm going to try the other one and see how it works. :)