Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yay, my HG bb cream! And it was the first one I've ever tried. I used to wear it on its own when I had no pimples. But since I've got some for about 3 months I need more coverage. Revlon Colorstay for oily skin is good but too dry. And this would result in a cakey face. So I mix both of them, 50/50, use some fixing powder and fixing spray and voila, my skin looks good for the day. For difficult areas dark under eyes, pimples) on my face, I use some more of my mixed "BB Foundation" and it's all done. Only downside is that after a full shift I see some shiny parts on my face but it still looks glowy and not like eeeeeewww oily! Shade range is ok, I'm NC15-20 and light is perfect. So, please test the shades before rating this product bad, ok?

on 4/28/2017 1:10:00 AM

Thanks for the review. Quick delivery from https://www.comedz.com/ Good product from Garnier suits for daily use. I use it daily. It saves my time and give a smooth skin texture.

I got the medium shade, I would say that I have a fair-medium skin colour. Getting the medium shade wasn't not a problem, I reckon that the shade actually suited me.

The first time I tried this product I thought that the finish looked really good. It had a matte finish and I would say that the coverage is pretty good as well. It was a light/medium coverage, but it was able to hide some of my small spots and some scars. I liked the coverage because I was able to wear it every day. I go to uni and of course I didn't want to put on heavy makeup every day.

After a few weeks of wearing this bb cream, I noticed something different. I started breaking out. I was not too sure if it was because of this bb cream or the moisturiser that I was using or maybe both. When I stopped using the moisturiser, I was still using this bb cream. My breakout has reduced, however, I would still breakout from time to time (if that makes sense). Also, I noticed that the side of my nose looked drier, hours after applying the bb cream. Some part of my face looked nice and matte, but some part looked kinda patchy and reddish.

Personally, I wouldn't buy this product again. I liked the coverage and finish of it. But if it's just going to break me out, it's not worth buying again.

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

on 12/16/2016 1:49:00 PM

This is my day-to-day go to BB cream! I have oily/combo skin and I have occasional breakouts (not caused by this product). I enjoy this product because it looks very natural and not too heavy on my skin as a normal foundation would. I do find that this product has really nice sheer to medium coverage on me and I care layer it up to cover discoloration. When I use this product, I always use a damp sponge (gives much better coverage than a brush for me) and I always set it with a powder. This product does not do a great job of controlling my oil, but it is manageable and keeps my skin looking natural.

on 11/13/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to product. I have combination/ dry skin. And it works really well. I think if you have more oily skin it would be to heavy. It does take some work to blend well so, I took a point off. over all it is a good product. Will keep using.

on 11/10/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First things first, I've got combination to oily sensitive skin.

I think this bb cream is great but not perfect. It's cheap and I find it's better than the many other drugstore bb creams.

The first time I used this, I used it by itself, i did not set i with powder and it was a mess. It does give a good coverage (I've got a little bit of redness and texture on the sides of my face and this covers it pretty good), still natural looking but since I didn't set it, I got way too oily, more than usual and I didn't like it at all.
The way I currently use it is after applying moisturizer. I blend it with my fingers(have tried blend it with a beauty sponge and it didn't blend that good) and afterwards I put my powder with my damp beauty sponge. (I think this step is what makes a difference, it gives a really matte finish and my pores are uneven) and it's the best combination. I use my Rimmel stay matte powder, and the combination with this bb cream is flawless. I do get oily but nothing that blottering papers can't solve. I look natural and my skin looks pretty good. I have already used another powered to set it, a maybelline one and it just dried my skin and did nothing for my oil.
I used it on a daily basis, and it has never given me breakouts and it does hydrate my skin.

I also think it's got a orange undertone to it, so it's a little bit dar for me (I'm medium with yellow undertone) but the powder kinda balances if that makes sense.

Finally, this bb cream is really liquid. It's a mess when you get some of it out of the package but well, I think it's not a big deal

In conclusion, if you want a reaaaally matte bb cream this is not for you. I think it would work better on dry skin because like it does not control oil on a 100% but it does the job. You get a good product por the price.

on 8/21/2016 12:58:00 AM

My skin:
-combination to oily
- not acne prone
-quite sensitive
-don't really tend to break out
-quite clear skin.

That said I can see this product worked for a lot of people but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
At first it made my skin feel really nice and matte but that lasted about 5-10 minutes.
It made me super oily even in areas where I'm not usually oily like my cheeks, it broke me out after 3 hours of wearing (and I don't really tend to have breakouts) and felt super heavy on my face, even when it didn't look too oily I was feeling my face being super oily ( if that makes any sense).

I want to state that I have tried this with powder, with a primer and with nothing on my skin because ai really wanted it to work but the result was always the same, and I did try it several times because hope is the last thing to die but now it's completely dead.

Also the packagingis not practical at all because the formula is very liquid and if you store it heads down like it's "supposed" to be stored you will get product everywhere.

Considering it works for a lot of people I do not find it pricy at all, it is very affordable but, like I said, it didn't work for me at all and just made everything worse.

Hope it works for you tho. :)

on 7/22/2016 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Not a product I can wear in warm-hot weather. Even with pressed powder it slips off my face after a couple hours and leaves my skin looking shiny. Ok product with decent longevity and coverage when used in the winter. Would not recommend for people with oily skin, combination to dry will see better results.

on 7/12/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this after reading so many good reviews about this product. Today is my first time wearing it. I was hoping it would keep me matte after my morning commute to/from home/train/work but it's been a couple of hours and I am already an oil slick down my nose. Even though it's light coverage, it's feels heavy on the skin. Also, it wasn't as easy to blend as other BB creams I've tried. With that said, I rather pay a few more dollars for the Body Shop's Vitamin E BB cream. No oil control just like the Garnier but at least it feels light on my skin and not at all heavy/sticky.