Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 4/25/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Like others here, I was reluctant to try the over-hyped BB creams. "Isn't it just tinted moisturizer?" I wondered. The matte feature, though, wooed me. I just don't think I look good with a shiny face, even if you use "gleaming," "glowing" or some other euphemism. Women have powdered their noses for centuries and there's a reason for that.

Oh, happy day! It slides right on with a perfect matte finish -- not dull or powdery. As others have said, it offers excellent coverage on casual days. More formal occasions of course will require full-coverage foundation.

on 4/8/2013 2:55:00 PM

I never owned a BB cream because I tend to become almost instantly sick to death of trends and fads. So after being surrounded by the unrelenting BB cream hysteria for so long, I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to hear the bloody things mentioned. And now we have CC creams. Can't wait for the DD installment (rolleye). Out of curiosity, I tried a few samples of different brands at Sephora and hated them all: too greasy, too sheer, absurd shades, and just to add insult to injury, ridiculously expensive.

I was at Walgreens on Saturday, and a lady was doing some sort of promotion about different products suitable for the coming season. One of her suggestions for oily skinks was Garnier's BB cream (for oily skins, of course). I told her about my BB cream phobia and she spread a bit of this on my hand. Looked pretty good. Decent coverage and all that. Anyway, being the product junkie I am, I finally gave in and decided to give it a try, with every intention of returning it if I didn't like it.

Well, surprise, surprise. I did like it. As I said, very nice coverage - unless you have really bad acne, or dark scarring, or things like that - lovely satiny finish, stays on well. Light-medium is a very good shade for me. It works better than a good deal of sheer HE "foundations" I could mention (like Bobbi Brown's whole line). It also has SPF. Yes, the consistency is runny. So you just store it standing upwards and dispense it carefully and you won't have any problems. There. Wasn't that easy?

Of course, for special occasions I will still go to my full-cover fdts. But this is going to be very handy for the coming hot days, when I don't have to go anywhere special and I just want to look polished.

But I'm still sick of the BB cream fad.