Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Filtered by age: 25-29
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.6

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 2/2/2017 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First, I want to caution that to the best of my ability, I think this is the correct BB cream I have. It seems that the packaging may have changed.

What my tubes says: Garnier, SkinActive 5 in 1 Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium for Oily/Combo skin. BB of course is on the tan tube along with broad spectrum SPF20.

I have acne prone skin in which I use prescription tretinoin cream and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. This makes my sensitive skin, even more sensitive at times and right now in the middle of winter, quite dry.

So I may not have been the perfect candidate for this BB cream, however I did not see an option for dry skin. This purchase was made when I was in a rush and desperately needed a decent sunscreen, but I couldn't find my HG in a drug store.

Initially, it really dried me out/accentuated dry spots to an unflattering degree . After cleansing and making the effort to moisturize more before application of the product, I noticed a big improvement. There would still be an emphasis on any dryness, but gently using a washcloth helped take off dead skin that this BB cream will highlight.

Product may have caused slight blemishes, but not many. I've used the product about 3 weeks and that seems to have stopped. This may have been a learning curve, before I made sure to cleanse before application.

I like the texture. Very little smell or it wasn't an offensive odor to me.

The coverage exceeded my expectations. It gives my face a natural looking coverage that's difficult to achieve for so little effort. Just rub it in.... done. You can set it further with powder if you'd like. I like my results with and without powder. Did a great job at evening my skin tone without a "pancake" effect. Doesn't feel heavy at all on my face. Absorbs quickly into face. It dried almost matteish in coverage(not true matte) and became more dewy towards later in the day. I didn't feel it made my skin look greasy, just glowing.

I don't know if this is my HG BB cream, but I'm very intrigued by them now! This one is doing a great job, although for my somewhat dry winter skin, it does occasionally seem to contribute to a degree of irritation. It may be that my prescription creams, along with this BB is just too much of a drying combination for me. However, taking extra measures to moisturize and cleanse before application did noticeably improve the results.

I'm not sure If I'd buy again, so I'm saying yes for now. I do very much like the product, but I feel like I want to try a different kind next time that will be more compatible to my skin type.

How I use my BB cream:
1. Rinse face with water, gentle cleanser like Basis Bar/Cerave. Gently rub washcloth to remove dead skin.
2. Clindamin/BP cream(every other day)
3. Generous dollop of SPF 30 oil-free facial sunscreen
4. Give those products a few minutes to absorb.
5. BB cream, covering partial neck and face. I take care to rub in well with fingertips.
6. Maybe some gentle powder( I make my own with cocoa powder, arrowsroot powder)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have somewhat fair skin, and the lightest shade, light/medium is way to dark. I get around that by mixing it with my white moisturizer. The coverage is much more sheer that way, but this bb cream blends beautifully with my moisturizer (basic olay spf 15). With this method I like that I'm getting a physical sunblock from moisturizer, and also the sunblock in the bb cream. It feels sticky and miserable after as I'm putting it on. The result looks like my skin though, a great "no makeup" way to even out my skin tone. This doesn't settle in my pores.

I've had this for 9 months, and first applied it by itself all over my face in the summer. I have oily skin, and oil broke through pretty fast, and it did not look good. I haven't had this problem in the winter or when I mix it in with my moisturizer. So there is a decent amount of negatives/positives for this bb cream...

Negative:

Poor shade selection
Not long wearing for oily skin
Chemical sunscreen ingredient, Octinoxate, stings my eyes
Physical sunscreen ingredient, titanium dioxide, gives a chalky, non brightening effect

Positive:

Shade selection issue solved by mixing with moisturizer
Good amount of SPF
Does not emphasize pores
Finish very natural, skin like
Covers redness/blemishes

Edit: This is breaking me out! I've been wearing other foundations/bb creams...no breakouts. When I wear this, the next morning I have white heads around my chin/neck/lips. I'm sad because this really does give a natural finish.

Edit: I tried the garnier bb cream with salicylic acid marketed for acne, and I love it so much better! The light/medium shade actually matches my skin tone, and I don't have to water it down w/ my moisturizer. No breakouts! No spf! (I dislike spf, b/c I already where sunscreen)

on 9/14/2015 12:23:00 PM

If you are looking for a BB cream that controls shine, is light weight but has a light to medium coverage, this is your match!
I bought it for about $14 in the light/medium tone...it may seem a bit pricey but it is a large tube and since the product itself isn't creamy, its more liquidy, a little bit goes a LOOOOONG way. So you are getting more bang for your buck ;)
I use this BB cream for those "I don't feel like wearing foundation" days. It is very light weight and it can stand on its own or you can use your compact powder if you want to set it and have a bit more coverage. It will last the whole day if you use it alone.
It gives me the right amount of moisture on my dry areas and shine control in my t-zone.
The product absorbs very well and doesn't take long to dry.
Since this is a treatment/makeup, I will say that it has minimized some dark spots on my skin and it hydrates it as well.
I do recommend this as an alternative to using foundation and I will be buying another pretty soon ;)

on 7/9/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG BB Cream / Foundation! I'm an NC20 and feel like the Light/Med shade works for me. My skin is combo-oily, much more oily in the warmer months.

This covers like a light-to-med coverage foundation but is much thinner and more comfortable on the skin. It gets rid of redness and any small marks on my face. I do need to use a separate concealer for very, very red breakouts, but I don't mind. It still allows a good amount of my natural skin to show through and I don't look or feel like I'm wearing a mask. I set this with Stay Matte powder from Rimmel and I feel like that keeps me oily-free for about half the day. I do find I have to re-apply my powder around lunchtime but I don't mind at all. This BB cream sits beautifully under my other makeup, it doesn't make them fade or get patchy.

I truly believe this is the best American BB Cream on the market right now. It has it all: oil-control, modest coverage, and a natural finish. Good job Garnier!

This is my first BB Cream, which a friend had recommended to me. I have previously either used foundation or gone makeup-free. I tried a tinted moisturizer, but didn't like it, as I wanted a little more coverage. This BB Cream offers the perfect in-between coverage; more than a tinted moisturizer, but less coverage than a foundation. The Light/Medium color works well for my skin tone, and I appreciate the fact that this formula is made for combination skin. I do notice my skin looks a little bit oily by the end of the day, but that is normal for me - I think this controls my oil fairly well; granted, now that I am closer to 30 than 20 my skin is less oily than it was in my teens and early 20s. The coverage is just enough to cover the dark spots from old acne lesions, but it would not be enough coverage for problem skin. I really like using this in the summer because it doesn't feel like I have any makeup on. And the SPF is genius! Keep in mind, though, for SPF to be effective, you need to reapply SPF-containing products if you will be outside longer than 2 hours after putting it on. I wouldn't reapply the BB cream but I'd use a light sunscreen for the face over it if I were to be outside all day. And yes, if I ran out of this product I am pretty certain I'd buy it again: great price (was $9.96 when I got it), simple squeeze tube packaging, and offers nice, light coverage.

I have combination/oily skin and products that I've tried in the past have either caked up when applied or made my face feel even oilier. I love this BB cream! I use the light which fits my skin tone perfectly. It applies flawlessly and keeps the oil under control all day while still giving my face a dewey fresh look. I have sensitive skin as well and this product has never given me any issues. My one complaint is that the applicator tube can get a little messy (since the cream is somewhat thin) which can be a pain to clean up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bb cream so much! I have very oily skin and this wears so well throughout the day. I first bought this because of all of the hype it was getting awhile ago and I've bought 4 or 5 more bottles ever since. In the winter and spring I am the light/medium shade and then in the summer into fall i am the medium/deep shade. I either use my hands or a flat top kabuki to really buff it in. It just gives such a nice glow. When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to reach for concealer, this product is easily buildable and you're able to go back over the areas that need a little bit more help covering. I can't get over how much I love this product. If I need a little bit more coverage I will mix it with my covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and it gives a flawless finish.The only slight downside of this product would be the packaging.It's very liquidy and can get messy so you have to store it upside down, but the actual bb cream is amazing. Definite HG product. Next time you're in cvs or a drugstore pick this up! You won't be disappointed!!

on 1/7/2015 10:11:00 AM

i really like this product. i think it gives about a medium coverage, the color matches my skin well. the one thing i dont like about this product is the packaging. when i squirt some out on my fingers and then i set the tube down on its side, if i dont put the cap back on right away, a whole bunch of product comes out of the tube, and onto my vanity. its really not a huge deal because this product is fairly inexpensive and you get a large amount, its just kind of a pain when i have to clean up a little puddle of product.

I love this product, I bought one the year before last, use it pretty much 6/7 days every week, and it lasted me 15 month, so worth the money, initially I thought it was expensive at 9.99 but given how long it lasted it was certainly worth the money, it's a light coverage for every day use, great for evening out uneven skin tones. Not good for covering spots as it's a thin consistency but I just pop a bit of concealer on when I'm having a bad skin day. I am very pale and the colour isn't orange which I love, as even the palest foundations are sometimes too dark for my pasty complexion lol.

I have just bought some more as I think it's fab!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am a HUGE fan of this product. It has become my holy grail, go-to foundation I wear on a daily basis. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I have tried every foundation out there to meet my needs: doesn't oxidize, gives flawless coverage, keeps me matte, and this product does all of the above and more. I am super oily, so I find after about 5 hours I am needing to powder my t-zone, but that is completely understandable because I am not hoping to find a miracle product. When I am running around and sweat on my forehead area, I do find it does come off pretty easy, but I am not too concerned. Double wear was my favourite foundation for a long time, and that one did separate on my face a bit after a few hours, so when I applied this after reading amazing reviews I was shocked to find my face looking 10x better than Estee Lauder had ever made it look. Definitely will be repurchasing for a long time.