E.L.F. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick

3.8

on 8/9/2016 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really disappointed. I love lip tints and crayons and have too many stains/tint chubby pencils in search of the magical product that tastes good and won't dry the hell out of my lips, change color, feather, or wear off.

I have this in sangria. The color is close to my natural lip color; I guess that's a bonus or a con, depending on whether you want something in the berry shade MYLBB variety. I'm yellow-skinned and like neutral bricks and roses but the shade didn't wow me. lip balm. It took a while to heal the chapping.

What I hated was that this had a waxy texture that was uncomfortable to apply (even after lip exfoliation/balm), tastes like a crayon (literally--no minty or candy concealing taste here), and dried my lips out very painfully by the end of the work day, even though I kept reapplying lip balm.

I might have to accept lipliner/moisturizer lipstick if I want to wear lip makeup.

I typically like ELF (esp. their revamped/studio products) and certain DS brands but this was just bad.

on 8/1/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

They're quite waxy and very drying if you have dry lips, the colour will be different on an arm swatch vs the lips. the one I have isn't particularly glossy.

on 6/29/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I bought the Sangria color and it's a pretty, sheer burgundy color. It's not at all glossy in fact it's more of a satin finish bordering on matte. It doesn't dry my lips out but I feel like I need a balm or gloss over this any ways. I don't love the texture but I don't hate it. The color is noticeable but subdued and great for natural no makeup looks. Not sure if I would buy this again but I do really like the color and think it would be flattering on anyone.

on 6/19/2016 3:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have a couple of these. They are a little different.

Movie Star (red)
This goes on like a balm (medium glossy, not too much). One swipe is the perfect sheer red, any more looks a little garish with my skin tone (i have pale yellow toned skin and prefer very sheer lip colors, your mileage may vary) . This layers well with clear balm, though i hate taking the time to adjust the intensity.

Summer Nights (Shimmery beige peach)
A very lovely color that i thought would be nice alone or as a highlight. And it is, but the formula is so much drier than that of the Movie Star shade-- you have to rub hard to get this to transfer. I bought this from drugstore.com, so I doubt I got an old tube.

Overall, nice colors and only $2.

on 6/16/2016 2:58:00 PM

In love with these lip crayons! If you go to CVS, sometimes they have a spend $10, get $3 back, awesome deal since they are only $2.

on 5/2/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn’t have a lot of faith on this product, but I actually love using them for a very light makeup/no makeup days. By now I own 5 colors, Coco Loco (brown), Pink Umbrellas (pink), Sangria Starters (burgundy red), Movie Nights (red) & Summer Nights (Shimmery peachy). As a “lip gloss” I didn’t expect almost no pigment, but they are a much pigmented sheer lipstick, this are no lip glosses; you can actually notice you are wearing something on your lips. They are not the longest wearing product but they do last a bit, of course if I eat or drink something they are gone.
For me, they aren’t sticky and/or drying, but they won’t look very pretty if my lips are dry.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What a bummer. :( I have been so spoiled by the excellent quality of E.L.F. products, that I was downright shocked to be disappointed with this product.

I bought these blindly because I completely trust E.L.F. (I still do); I purchased the colors Pink Umbrellas and In the Nude.

When I got home, I ripped open both packages without thinking, and immediately applied Pink Umbrellas. I was downright sad that it looked like barely tinted chapstick. :(

I am giving it 2 stars just because it is incredibly hydrating and nourishing and made my lips super soft.

In my opinion, it should be marketed as a tinted lip balm, because that's what it is, and it does an excellent job of that. I just wish that it was labeled as such, because I purchased it believing that it was a lip gloss stick. Yes, I know that isn't lipstick. But that still means it should have more than just a *teensy tiny* bit of color.

on 1/31/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this!
I have it in the shade "Pink Umbrellas" and I use it everyday because it looks sooo natural. It moisturizes my lips & is really cheap! I would highly recommend this if you want a natural pretty look.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

For being so cheap you can get a lot of use out of it. I have the shade movie star which compliments my tan complextion. There is no off putting smell and the formula glides on. It leaves my lips tinted and soft. Best lipglass ever because i doesnt feel like one

on 11/11/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I am so impressed with this. It cost me $2. I got the Pink Umbrellas shade. The texture is very smooth and comfortable, not heavy or sticky. It moisturizes well, long after the color wears off. Turns out that the color matches my face perfectly and looks very natural (I have dark ash-blonde hair and light skin with pink undertones). The "gloss" is more like a lightly shimmery, very moist chapstick, a pleasant surprise. Because it is so subtle, I don't have to worry about doing a flawless job putting it on, but it has enough depth and brightness to make me look healthier. I will definitely be trying this in the next-darkest shade for going out.