Chanel Rouge Allure: 97, Incandescente

No Image

on 12/12/2014 12:48:00 AM

Bought this for my mom's birthday. at first she was so scared because of how red it seemed, but i told her that you can sheer it out very easily, and it simply just made her medium olive skin tone glow :) beautiful red with an orange base
package is also really luxurious, only thing is the package is long, but the lipstick itself, there isnt a whole lot of product

on 11/5/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I love everything about this lipstick.
First, the formulation: this is my 7th Rouge allure purchase, I think it's the best lipstick I've ever tried (and I'm a lipstick junkie!). Smooth, color exact, velvety, stays put and lasts until you get tired of it. Plus, the push package is ever so practical and original!
About this lovely orangey-red shade, I love it so much that I had to change my mind about going back to my natural dark brown hair. I have a reddish chestnut hair shade now, I was contemplating the idea of getting closer to my natural dark brown shade, but then I thought to myself, my lipstick won't match as well... so I went for reddish chestnut again...

on 1/5/2013 8:48:00 AM

This range represents Chanel lipsticks at their best. Incandescente is an impressive orange-red. Uber comfortable to wear: lightweight yet considerably hydrating and, despite that, longwearing too.

Not since the Chanel Hydrabase range (sadly, long since discontinued but well mourned) has Chanel had its lipstick house in such good order!

Positively giddy on discovering these beauties!

I just got this today and simply had to write a review. This is a beautiful creamy orange-red. Simply foolproof to use & wear. While smooth, the formula is not so overly creamy that it slides off or feels heavy. In fact, it feels light on application unless you build up a lot. It also lasts a decent time. I tried it on at Nordstrom, made several purchases, left, ran a few other errands and just got home & the color is still on although somewhat faded. Normally lipsticks slide off or dry out within an hour for me so this is a rare and pleasant surprise. It is hard for me to find a red that is orange based but not garish and this fits the bill. Coupled with the fact that the formula is non-drying and seems to last/fade slowly I can't rate it highly enough.

on 9/26/2013 10:58:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I had been gifted Chanel Rouge Coco in Rivoli for Christmas last year and although I loved the packaging, the colour was just too dark for my thin lips and complexion so it sat unused on my shelf. I like a powerful red and when returning from the South of France I had some euros left over that I needed to spend. I browsed the selection and settled on Icandescente. Its a flattering orange-red that makes my lips feel beautiful, it also illuminates my face. I wear it with a bared face, or light make-up. This is my HG orange-red and it kick started my Chanel cosmetics obsession.

I did by Coromandel as well, thinking it was a true red, my mistake. Its redder than Incandescente, but not nearly as flattering. I suppose with the perfume and polish, it makes a nice set though!