Nivea Aqua Effect Soothing Cleansing Mousse

Nivea Aqua Effect Soothing Cleansing Mousse

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a drugstore product, this is a pretty good cleanser! It feels very gentle and kind towards my dry & sensitive skin. I have no issues with this cleanser whatsoever - it does NOT make my skin feel tight or dry (thumbs up!). It removes "dirt", but not the heavy makeup, so I still have to additionally use a proper makeup-remover.

PROS:
- affordable
- gentle on sensitive/dry skin
- no strong scent
- comes with a pump

CONS:
- doesn't remove "everything"

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing, it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin at all while cleansing it thoroughly. Doesn't clog my pores/give me acne either which is good as I'm acne-prone and my skin is incredibly picky. I have normal/dry skin with some red, dry itchy patches (could be eczema as I have eczema on other parts of my body) and it's really gentle. Each time it uses really little of the cleanser for the foam and I can see it lasting a really long time, so it's definitely worth especially since it's just $10!

I use pure olive oil to take off my makeup first then blot it a little with some tissue; I was initially afraid it wouldn't be able to take the oil off but it washes the oil off completely. It does feel like it leaves a residue of some sort which I believe is the almond oil but it's not actually oily. The scent is a little stronger than other cleansers I've used before, kind of floral(?) but I actually really like it so that's a plus. Would definitely buy again!

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/8/2016 1:04:00 AM

I use this for as makeup removal and I did use it every day as my cleanser but I now need a more cream cleanser but still a great gentle cleanser

I started using this cleanser 1-2 years ago. I periodically stopped use do to it being accidentally dumped out, lol. I didn't buy it again for a while, but after I did I started using it again, because I had mistakenly thought I had sensitive skin. I'm going to cut right to the chase and say my skin and this cleanser did not get along once my skin started to get oily. It didn't outright break me out, but it gave me very large, painful red pimples. No amount of makeup would cover them up. Due to my change in skin type this cleanser doesn't work for me anymore. The pimples it gave me horrified me, they were so bad. I wouldn't repurchase even if my like depended on it. (Okay so I might then but not under any other circumstances lol)

on 12/21/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have now been using this cleanser for about three weeks and I have to say that I am impressed. What I look for in a cleanser is something to properly cleanse my face after I have removed my makeup (with Origins clean energy gentle cleansing oil. The Nivea would probably not work that well at removing makeup on its own). I has to do this without being drying or irritating. My skin is very dry and very sensitive so most cleansers are a no go. Did I mention that I also get clogged pores and acne if I use something that doesn't agree with my skin? So much fun...

This cleanser, however, works great at gently cleansing my skin without stripping it of moisture. I use two pumps and it is easy to spread the foam over my face, neck and upper chest. Instead of massaging it in with my fingers I use my new favourite skin gadget; the Foreo Luna. (It is similar to the Clarisonic in use, but is made out of very soft silicone and I find it very non abrasive. It has loosened up some clogged pores on my forehead and makes me feel a bit cleaner, but the main benefit is that it is very soothing to use. It also makes me spend an adequate time cleaning my face instead of just slapping on some cleanser and rinsing it of 10 seconds later. Back to the cleanser...)

The fragrance is pretty mild and soft. Almost a bit comforting. Very nice actually. In short: this a nice and gentle cleanser that works great at removing the last traces of makeup and cleansing my skin. It does this without irritating or stripping my skin of moisture. I think that I have found my HG cleanser since I don't know what else I could ask for. It is also one of few cleansers that does not sting when I get some in my eyes. Great bonus!

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Parfum.

I bought this because I like the idea of a gentle foaming cleanser.... foaming allows for me to wash my face quickly - goes on and comes off easily which is great! My face feels clean after and not stripped of my natural oils.

It didn't last me as long as I thought it would but I use it twice a day most days.. so I guess that makes sense.

I don't think I'll purchase it again.. my skin is better since buying it but that is probably because I got more serious about my skin regiment (remove makeup/cleanser/toner/moisturize and frequent face mask). However my skin hasn't gotten better in a while.. has been staying the same - fairly nice with frequent pimples.

I will be looking for something that will do a bit more for my blemishes, but I would recommend it to someone who doesn't deal with acne!

on 11/20/2013 10:57:00 AM

well it's an ok mousse...I use it in the morning to wake up my skin, so I use just 1 pump...one bottle lasted me 5-6 months...it's an ok mousse, doesn't break me out but it didn't do anything to my skin either...I kinda got bored of it...so I won't repurchase it.

I just got this a week ago and i love it so far. My skin has several issues.. oily t-zone/normal-dry cheeks, very clog prone and very sensitive. I use Retin A Micro a few nights/week so I get peeling & sometimes when I wash my face it feels so tight and dry as if it would crack if I smiled...this helps. I wet my face first then just message it in like normal..one pump is enough. I like mousse cleanser because with reg cleanser you have to add water to your hands to lather it up and the water drips down my arms and makes a mess all over the sink. This works well with both a silicone scrubber pad and a face brush. My skin is still a bit dry feeling after I wash, but not near as bad as before. One thing is it's not really great for makeup removal so I use a cleansing wipe first (Kirlkland brand), rinse then use the mousse.

on 6/25/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A great cleanser. It not harsh on the skin - at least now that is summertime. I use it twice a day. Cleanses well but not perfectly - if you are wearing a more complete makeup it will take twice to remove it (that is why the 4 lippies). But as I have said, it nor harsh on the skin, like a cream cleanser, plus it is refreshing as a foaming cleaser without requing the lathering and lavish rinse, and no tight feeling. Don't care for the scent, I found it to be baby wipes alike... it is faint anyway.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I just bought this the other day. I must say, I did look forward to trying to out when I was in the supermarket! The smell is delicate and nice and the bottle is a good shape to fit in a shower rack. I found the mousse to be soft and really nicely foamed, and it applied well to my face. After washing it off, I did find my skin smoother than it was before, so I'm really happy about that! I have broken out a tiny bit on my chin, but that may be due to the product bringing up old dirt from my pores, or even because I wore foundation the other day (I don't usually wear anything on my face). Love this product, will definitely try it again!

Edit: I've found something better for my skin, have switched to that!