Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin Pressed Powder

Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin Pressed Powder

3.9

NEW 2016 FORMULA: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide,Ultramarines

on 5/14/2016 3:13:00 PM

I bought this product twice. I really like it. The smell is a bit too much but after applying you won't smell it anymore. GREAT coverage and the colour in my case is 125 buff beige is greatt

This is a go to powder for a lot of women over the years. It's not a powder that promises to do special tricks. It's a no frills basic translucent powder that provides a clean,fresh finish. Not obvious or cakey. Plus I like the trademark Cover Girl scent.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/20/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this product and was matched by the lady but couldn't open the packaging or see the colour. Went home and used it a couple of times in the summer when I'm more tanned. But after a month or so of getting paler this looked orange on me. Never really liked the chalky-ness of the powder. Packaging got loose after a week of use. The little applicator that it comes with is rough on the skin and not helpful at all. I use this product as an eyeshadow. I hate it and have used way better products.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I would buy this again. Very smooth to apply. You could put it after foundation for last long foundation. Very cheap too. You could only get this only at 5$ I think.

I like this paired with the "Normal Skin" foundation. I just want shine control and a sheer matte finish, because I have a very oily nose and forehead (upper t-zone I guess). This is very lightweight, matte, and not chalky/heavy/cakey. I like the compact, it's slim and has a nice puff and mirror, but I liked the older presentation better, which was even slimmer. I am around an NC25 and use "Creamy Natural" paired with the liquid in the same shade. The scent is kind of too strong, so I knocked a lippie off for that. I read a review below about letting it sit open for a few days, and allowing the fragrance to sort of "air out" so it's less strong, and that does actually help! At least it smells good, but I wish it were fragrance free. I suppose the Noxzema ingredients in the "Normal Skin" line are supposed to help with clear skin, and IDK about that, but these products don't break me out, and I am breakout prone with cosmetics. Overall, I would say this is a good, reliable, inexpensive setting/blotting powder!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I usually just use a bit of powder in my shiny/oily t-zone and some blush, since I break out so easily, and this is probably the most natural looking powder I have ever used. I am fair, with neutral to warm undertones, and use "Creamy Natural". I use a soft fluffy brush to sweep a light layer on, and it blends seamlessly and looks undetectable as being makeup. You won't get much coverage with this one, but if you want a light, non-cakey powder to take away shine, this works great! I love the adorable glittery brown compact, and appreciate that it's slim/portable and not an annoying split-pan. The only con is the fragrance, which I actually don't mind, but it's embarrassing that other people can smell it when I whip it out for touch-ups, so I wish it were fragrance free. That's the only con though.

After using this powder for more than a year, and only just reading the ingredients (talc and paraben!) AND discovering that Cover Girl is connected with animal testing, I've been completely turned off this powder. It makes my skin awfully dry and I suspect that it may be one of the leading reasons why I keep getting acne.

Not nice. I appreciate how long-lasting it is, but it just isn't worth it any more.

on 7/29/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I remember using covergirl back in middle school and parts of high school, I'm in my mid 20s now and I wanted to try them again so I picked this up, It's not a bad powder, it's very light, smooth and wasn't cakey, the only thing I didn't like was that it oxidized on my skin, I don't remember if it did that back in middle school or hs but it did now, maybe I should get a lighter color? I ended up giving it to my sister. I might try it again but right now my hg are cg advance radiance with Olay the one with a purple cover on top and rimmel stay matte, they both give good coverage, affordable and they don't oxidize

on 7/21/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep one of these in my desk drawer at work for touch-ups, and love it for that. They're very inexpensive that I buy several at a time so I never run out. I am NW15 and I use the color Ivory. The powder works great for absorbing oil & covering shine, and doesn't look cakey or feel heavy. I actually enjoy the old school Noxzema scent. Great value for the price, and works great for touch-ups through the day. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am one of those people who fit into the "I love the classic cover girl smell" category. That is honestly the only reason I bought this powder (weird, I know). I bought the shade buff beige that looks way too light for my medium olive skin tone, but it's kind of transparent so you can't really tell. I have "normal" skin and this does a fine job and I haven't had any problems with it - just a basic powder for setting foundation.