3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I've been using this cleanser since 2014. Which clearly means that I believe it works. It has not only cut down on break outs but overall look and feel of my skin as well. I've taken breaks between this cleanser to try others but I immediately break out, nothing beats this cleanser in controlling my break outs. I have normal to oily skin and I notice it helps cut down on how oily my skin feels and overall redness. I use this in conjuction with the Michael Todd blue algae toner. I feel for best results, if you wear make up, make sure to properly remove it with wipes/remover before washing your face.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

3 years ago

I have been using this cleanser for about 6 years now and even when I get bored and want to switch up my skin care, I always go back to Michael Todd! This cleanser really works wonders and you can see a difference in your skin!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGray

4 years ago

I have been using this for 2 months and I'm very satisfied with it. I use cotton to wipe my face every time I wash it and this is the first time I see a product cleaning absolutely everything (dirt and makeup) with one application and the slightest effort. I was really impressed by this! Feels very clean and no breakouts for me! I do feel a bit dry though afterwards and need to hydrate, but that's been a necessity with every product I've used for washing my face. Totally recommend!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS FACE WASH. If you are planning to buy or use this face wash please be careful & test it out on one small part of your face before using it all over!! I got this face wash along with the Michael Todd Soniclear System a few days ago. I had severe acne from age 12 to age 17. I am now 21 and have very mild acne. None the less I've been using a charcoal cleanser by Garnier for years and absolutely love it so I thought I would love this all natural one even better and boy was I wrong! I used this product the first night I got it and then the next morning.. about 12 hours later my face was bright red and itchy.. I decided not to use this cleanser anymore but it still got worse.. this morning I woke up and my entire face was red and I have whiteheads and blisters all over my face. My face has been entirely flat and smooth for years with occasional breakouts and literally my face is COVERED in pimples, whiteheads and under the skin bumps after only two uses. I don't have sensitive skin at all, my face can take all kinds of harshness and I've never had any type of allergic reaction to any beauty product but I think that's what happened here. So again, even if you're not someone who has sensitive skin or has allergic reactions test it out on a small portion of your face and wait at least 24 hours to see what happens.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

Michael todd have great face wash. i love the honey oat cleanser and this charcoal one. but if i have to pick one, i love the honey oat cleanser scent. i don't think there is much difference between the two except for the scent. it both cleanse your face well and does not dry your face. it also keep your face hydrated even it cleanse all your makeup. i think michael todd's best product has to be their face wash. NEW UPDATE: I actually found i got cystic acne when using it. so i didn't use it anymore, and so my cystic acne was gone. i had never had cystic acne before. i had to throw this away. i wanted to love this so much but cystic acne is a big no. However, oat and honey cleanser never breaks me out. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS! AND GET THE HONEY AND OAT CLEANSER INSTEAD!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

from

4 years ago

My favorite charcoal detox cleanser I have come across, it's a gel base and its dark in color. It bubbles when mixed with water and it really helps clean out my pores and keep my t-zone from breaking out. My skin is overly oily and acne prone so finding a cleanser that doesn't dry my face out when used daily is hard to find. The activated charcoal targets your pores and flushes all the dirt and oil out!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

5 years ago

So my face had broken out more than it ever has before, I mean seriously even back when I was in highschool I didnt break out that much! I tried a lot of drugstore products like clean and clear and biore but nothing seemed to work. I finally decided that organic was the way to go and boy I couldnt have been more right. I bought the ENTIRE sensitive skin regime and this particular product is THE most important part. It cleanses the your face and removes ALL your makeup with ease. If anything you must MUST buy this.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlond

3.0

5 years ago

I love this product so much I've been using it for about two months and this is the amount of time I review weather a product is working for me or not and this is! I used to get really sore spots that I would squeeze and they would scab (sorry for graphics) now I get nothing like that and having clear healthy looking skin is so important to me. I also love the packaging I much prefer the pump it's so much easier and so much more hygienic!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

from

5 years ago

I never heard of charcoal removing toxins from your body, so I was surprised to come across this product. I love this product. I have super oily skin and very large pores. I have always wanted to find something helpful that was not chemically harsh. This completely fits that category. My skin feels totally clean but not dried out after I wash and it stays feeling that way for awhile. I feel the Detox Cleanser really cleans my skin. I appreciate that it contains mostly natural and organic ingredients. An excellent product. This Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser has definitely won me over! Product Description This unique cleanser utilizes the properties of Activated Charcoal in a base of organic aloe vera to neutralize acidity and absorb impurities while sugar cane and maple provide gentle exfoliation for increased cellular turnover.Amazingly absorbent, Activated Charcoal is widely known for its ability to effectively cleanse the skin, unclog pores and remove deeper impurities and dead skin cells.Beneficial for all skin types, powerful antioxidants and tea tree and other essential oils provide effective anti-aging and blemish healing properties, including treatment ofacne, rosacea and eczema. Sulfate free "no tears" formula does not irritate eyes. 210 ml / 7 fl oz About the company: THE SIMPLE TRUTH Made in USA Made with organic ingredients NO added water NO parabens or triclosan, phthalates or sulfates NO mineral oil, artificial color or synthetic fragrance NO animal testing (products tested on our chairman) Company website: http://www.michaeltoddtrueorganics.com As seen in...Glossy Box Magazine Dec. 2013

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This makes me break out almost all over my face. When I dont use this then its fine. I also hate that its gel.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm