RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

2.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great product for the price!
I bought this as a quick fix while on vacation out of state earlier this year. I was initially hesitant about the quality and safety of the product because of the price -- t was about $5 at Walmart. I picked up the "light" shade for my very fair, freckled skin. I use about a pea-sized amount when applying.
It's thick, but the texture is not necessarily oily. I've found that with my oily skin, I need just a light dusting of finishing powder (I use TOO FACED Primed & Poreless translucent). It has great coverage for redness while still allowing my freckles to shine and it does create a decent matte finish with OR without a powder; however, if used alone and with oily skin, it tends to melt off within a few hours and leave a greasy feel. It hasn't caused my very sensitive skin to break out like many foundations/moisturizers do.
For reference, I've used this product for a week during a freezing Michigan winter as well as in the sweltering and extremely humid Florida summer and it has held up beautifully in both conditions. :)

It has a safety rating of 5 on EWG.org which is honestly better than most products (yes, including some/most of the expensive department store brands). I'm on the hunt for a more natural product with a similar effect, but I will keep this as a backup for sure!

I guess this is what I get for not reading reviews first. Wanted to try a new Bb cream and finally settled for this as the colour match was best. Bad choice. The product feels good on my skin but that's as far as it goes in terms of positives. It's deceptive because it feels like it's going on smooth and looks like the coverage is even but 10 mins later it's really cakey and patchy and it oxidises so quickly. No amount of blending was able to remove the patches and make it look more natural. Admittedly I do have dry skin but it wasn't patchy in my dry areas. Rimmel definitely got it wrong with this one.

Surprisingly good coverage for a BB...BUT that's likely problematic for most skin tones given the very limited color range. It does blend well too.
I think this was what broke me out...either it was the type of sunscreen in it or just that it was too emollient and thick. Changed a couple things so can't be sure.
Also- definitely has a strong sunscreen smell to it.

on 11/13/2013 2:19:00 PM

I got this as a free gift to stay matte powder and I love it! Stays all day, doesn´t make my combination skin look oily or dry, doesn´t feel sticky, smells nice, evens my skin tone, covers pretty well..what else to wish? I apply it with my fingers part after part and dust with a little bit of powder. I will repurchase again and again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Firstly, this is the first BB cream I have ever used. Secondly, I am a full-coverage type of person. Therefore, I have found that I like this product for the most part being that it does provide a decent amount of coverage, but not as much as I would like. (I realize this is the general point of BB creams.) On nights that I get dressed up, I sometimes put a small amount of foundation over it. I always use concealer after applying the BB cream, even on regular days. At first I tried to go without it, because of the "9 in 1" claim, but found it was not enough coverage. I also moisturize before applying. I was a little nervous about using this product, because prior to this one, I had been using the Fix & Perfect primer. I liked the primer, but read many negative reviews about it. In my personal experience, it does 7 of the 9 things it claims to do; primes, minimizes pores, covers, smooths, mattifies, brighten, protects from sun. The other two are moisturize and conceal, which I didn't feel it accomplished on its own without a little help from my other products.

I found the color to be true to my skin tone and that a little goes a long way, because the formula is rich. The tube is pretty large. I did not experience any break-outs or irritation. I feel BB creams are a fad, but definitely a useful fad for those who shy away from foundations and other full coverage-type makeup. I guess it is another option for the individuals out there...but I find it all very confusing between tinted moisturizers, BB creams, CC creams, DD creams, and classic foundation. I find the whole thing to be very shampoo-conditioner combo. I would repurchase this product and possibly will try others in the future, but almost like a primer.. Bottom line--it comes down to personal preference and beauty goals.

on 9/24/2013 9:36:00 AM

I tried this BB cream over about three months and by the end, I threw the tube away. It just didn't work for me. No matter how I used it, this would always oxidise on my skin and go a strange orangey colour within about three hours. It promises coverage of blemishes and a million other things, but it always looked patchy and seemed to cover some areas of my skin, but then paradoxically highlight any blemishes I had. My skin also became extremely greasy within about an hour of using it.

The price point is great, and the packaging is nice. But other than that, this was a huge fail.

on 7/8/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim while traveling (to help save room in my makeup bag) and it was one of the note reasonably priced BB creams that CVS carried. I have used Rimmel's mattifying powder for years and LOVE it so I figured I would give their brand a shot. I saw that they only carried 3 shades and opted for light even though I tend to use "porcelain" and "fair" skin products. Upon applying it I found that it IMMEDIATELY irritated my sensitive eyes! They burned for nearly 20 minutes, watering painfully. Once that died down I applied a little concealer to my under eyes for extra coverage and their powder to set everything. I found the formula to be alright as far as consistency and average in price. The colour is FAR darker than what I should imagine "light" to be! Its very orange and seems to be more "light to medium" than "light". I have oily skin and this works fine to minimize the oil, though setting it with the powder surely helps as well.
All in all I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 4/25/2013 10:14:00 AM

I was looking for a BB cream with good SPF levels AND a mattifying effect as it will be the only makeup I'll be wearing on a long, humid trip. Matte finishes with BBs are hard to find, so I was very excited to try this one for just $7.

Pros:
Matte finish
SPF 25 - sunscreen doesn't sting eyes or leave white color
Good coverage - natural-looking but does even out skin
Lasts for a long time, even in the heat
Price is super reasonable
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin (itchiness or redness)

Cons:
Dries really quickly, sort of tough to work with
Light color is JUST a little too orange to blend in with my skintone
I had two new, minor blemishes after using this for just one day, when I hadn't had any breakouts in two weeks.

Although this is not the worst BB, the cons outweighed the pros for me and my search continues. If you're not as white as I am, aren't acne-prone and are very deft with fast application, this may work really well for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got the lightest shade which worked out all right. The colour was a good match and it went on with a Beauty Blender seemingly fine. It didn't cover a whole lot but my face wasn't quite as red as it is normally. I set it with Tarte powder, but it transferred during the day and then I noticed a zit already coming up by the time I came home from work. Not about to give this a second chance. At least it's cheap.

on 1/27/2013 8:05:00 AM

I've tried some Asian BB creams and I prefer them all much better than this one. I have been trying to use it for this but I couldn't make myself to like it. It doesn't blend, looks streaky and cakey. I was really surprised by such a big rating of this product.