Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a VERY thick consistency for a BB cream which I wasn’t expecting and which I actually find a bit too thick for every day use, which kind of defeats the object of it being a BB cream. Application is easy, although I’ve found a little goes a long way and it’s easy to overdo things. With the ‘Very Light’ shade I have that can result in a ghostly cast to my skin, which isn’t too bad in the autumn/winter months when I’m paler anyway but not so forgiving in the spring/summer months.

According to the blurb on the back of the tube, this has 9 in 1 results, which are:

1) Primes – I still find I need to use a primer
2) Moisturises – I still use my regular moisturiser before applying this, as this alone definitely wouldn’t be enough for my skin
3) Helps minimise the appearance of pores – possibly on first application, but as the day wears on I actually find my pores become more noticeable as this settles into them
4) Conceals – it does but mainly because the consistency is so thick
5) Covers – again it does, but only because the consistency is so thick which isn’t really ideal in a BB cream
6) Smooths – much like the minimising pores claim, this does smooth on first application but as the day wears on and my skin gets oily it actually starts to look patchy especially on my forehead, nose and chin
7) Mattifies – on first application yes, but this definitely doesn’t last all day and my skin looked no less oily throughout the day whilst using this
8) Brightens – I would have to disagree with this statement as I feel like it actually has a tendency to cancel out any colour on my skin, making it look flat and lacklustre without blush etc applied over it
9) Helps protect – it’s got SPF 25 in it, which for a drugstore product is pretty good going

Overall this is an okay BB cream to use when I don’t have anything else to hand, but I don’t think it lives up to the 9-in-1 claims and I won’t be repurchasing when the one I have is empty.

on 2/22/2016 3:31:00 PM

I love this formula. I use the Radiance one in Light and it's a very good match for my NC20 skin. I've tried other Rimmel BB creams and they are a touch too dark or look more orange on my skin but this one, it's a near perfect match. At first I was worried that the radiance factor might mean it had shimmer or something, but it's natural looking, and on me it does brighten my skin a bit. (I can't say if it has long-term good effects, though, since I use other products, but I figure the brightening claims -- and the SPF -- can't hurt.)

The formula has a tiny bit of scent to it, but I don't find it distracting. It applies smoothly and evenly and it's a bit heavier than your standard face lotion, but you get the pigment and coverage with this. It feels more like foundation than lotion, actually, though it really is a tinted moisturizer.

It does a really good job and making my skin look more evenly complected, and it blurs out flaws really well, too, without feeling heavy. When I set it with powder I get pretty good staying power, too, even on the hottest days when I sweat a lot. I tend to keep a tube of it in my purse in case I need to touch up something, and I rarely need to use it, it works that well for me.

I'm someone who rarely buys a second of anything, but this one, I'm on my third or fourth tube of it. Factor in the price of about $7 (and Rimmel often has coupons in stores) and drugstore sales, it's even better since I usually end up grabbing this for $5 or less.

Makes me extremely shiny and I thought it was the perfect match but then it turns out orange

on 10/16/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This was on Allure's list of best beauty bargains so I gave it a try. It must be for more oily skins, because it wouldn't even go on my face at all. I've never seen anything like this! As I tried to apply it, it just rolled right off of my skin. It wouldn't stick to my skin at all. Weird... I tried it over Hangover primer and the same thing happened. Too bad because it looked like a good color for me. At least I'm only out $7.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great product for the price!
I bought this as a quick fix while on vacation out of state earlier this year. I was initially hesitant about the quality and safety of the product because of the price -- t was about $5 at Walmart. I picked up the "light" shade for my very fair, freckled skin. I use about a pea-sized amount when applying.
It's thick, but the texture is not necessarily oily. I've found that with my oily skin, I need just a light dusting of finishing powder (I use TOO FACED Primed & Poreless translucent). It has great coverage for redness while still allowing my freckles to shine and it does create a decent matte finish with OR without a powder; however, if used alone and with oily skin, it tends to melt off within a few hours and leave a greasy feel. It hasn't caused my very sensitive skin to break out like many foundations/moisturizers do.
For reference, I've used this product for a week during a freezing Michigan winter as well as in the sweltering and extremely humid Florida summer and it has held up beautifully in both conditions. :)

It has a safety rating of 5 on EWG.org which is honestly better than most products (yes, including some/most of the expensive department store brands). I'm on the hunt for a more natural product with a similar effect, but I will keep this as a backup for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this Rimmel BB Cream last spring & still use it now. I like its thick texture, scent, & Light tone. The stuff sinks in well w/minimal blending. The scent is a pleasant "sun block" type of scent that's not overwhelming. Light fits my fair-to-light, freckly, & somewhat ruddy skin w/No orange! The 1oz tube lasts several months even w/daily use. I paid about $3 @ WalMart & Target w/a coupon. That makes it a steal! I get amazing coverage that I can top off w/foundation & powder or just powder. It will leave me shiny, hence the use of powder. It says it can prime the face & it does well under foundation (no balling up). I have worn this BB Cream last summer to outdoor events & tossed it in my bag thinking I'd need to reapply. Nope! This stuff keeps me lovely & non-burnt. I was seriously surprised every time I'd check a mirror to see my face non-burnt! It also minimizes pores well & conceals well. I don't buy the Mattifying claim but I don't mind using powder here & there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product applies smoothly and is thicker than other bb cream but doesn't feel so when you have it on.

Pros:
light weight
covers redness
doesn't look cakey
has a nice glow when first applied

Cons:
makes you look shiny through out the day

I have quite oily skin and so far this is the only bb cream i've used that has controlled how oily I get during the day

on 3/22/2015 11:21:00 AM

I had tried the first BB cream Rimmel launched a few years ago and it was merely OK, but I found this newer incarnation on sale and decided to give it a go. That it promises radiance and an SPF of 20 both were appealing to me. And with the sale price I ended up paying $3.50, so it was worth a go.
So far I have to say I'm impressed. The new formula is much improved. It claims 9 benefits: priming, smoothing, concealing, pore-minimizing, natural coverage, moisturizing, awakens tired skin, brightens and lends radiance. It does offer some of all of that for me.
Now, I'm a bit north of 40 and my skin isn't as radiant as it used to be and I have some dark spots, so I'm picky, but I'm pretty pleased with this. The coverage is quite good (I'll still go to full-coverage foundation on a bad skin day, mind you), and it does gives a bit of glow and natural-looking coverage. I was actually surprised that I ended up preferring this to the matte option, but it just works better for me. In part, I think the color match is better for me than the matte version. In both I opted for Light, and my skin is NC20-ish, and the Radiance version is more neutral, where the matte leans a touch more orange, so in part that's why I prefer this. But it also gives my skin a bit more of a dewier finish (My skin leans toward normal, with drier patches in winter), so that's another reason I prefer this to the matte.
It does have a faint scent, kind of a "makeup scent" -- a touch fragrant but not super strong.

I really love this BB cream, I have tried a couple of other BB creams and I can deffinately say that this is my favourite one. It has good and buildable coverage and it is also moisturising yet it doesn't leave the skin looking greasy or shiny. It's a perfect everyday product and it looks very natural.

I like this BB cream foundation. What I like is the light coverage that looks polished yet natural, and that it is very easy and quick to apply with fingers or brush. Also nice is that it doesn't settle into the fine lines of my 39-year-old skin. My skin is already pretty smooth and clear (I "wash" with coconut oil massage), so I don't really have blemishes, but I do have redness, uneven skin tone, a few dark spots and large pores in areas. It evens my skin tone and redness, and dimishes the dark spots but they still show through (which I'm ok with). To over the pores, I use a patting motion with my fingers and it smooths things over (which is nice).

The formula is a great balance between soft glow and subtle mattifying, which is awesome for me. With a light dusting of powder on my t-zone, I don't have to touch my skin for the rest of the day, which is a first for me (love!)... and I really like how it wears, developing a very subtle glow on my forehead and cheeks as the day goes on. It feels modern and slightly glowy, which I really like.

I also tested the Matte and Glow BB Cream formulas... I found the Matte formula too matte, powdery and makeup-y for my skin, settling into fine lines. When I tested the Glow formula, it became way too shiny by mid-day for my oily t-zone. I did purchase the Glow formula because I think it might be really nice for a special occasion/evening but not for everyday daytime makeup.

In the end, when I asked my partner how my foundation looked she responded: "It looks like your skin, only a little bit smoother and more even. I don't really notice it... you look nice :)" I was sold! <3 And at the $6 price tag, double love!