Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 2/29/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was seesawing back and forth between this product and E.L.F Serum Foundation something or other and chose this as I *thought* I read somewhere that it was decent stuff. I must be losing it! After I purchased and gave it a shot, I found that the product itself wasn't particularly hard to apply or particularly thick. The coverage was like my skin but better, it didn't camouflage my freckles (bonus!), but for a medium color I did find it on the lighter side. I did use my favorite tool after all, my fingers. I am classy like that. Beauty blender be damned. I do find that most of the time my hands work better than any brush or blender when it comes to getting just the right touch. Anyway, like other reviews have stated, this product, clings to any dry patches you may have, and this was for the radiant version. I cannot even comprehend what the matte must do. Although in all fairness anyone with dry skin shouldn't be anywhere near a matte product to begin with you are just asking for whatever comes your way with highlighting your flakiness. After patting down with extra moisturizer to hide my dry areas, it lasted the work day and did not oxidize at all. This is far too much work for a BB cream. Going back to DS. Going to try that E.L.F serum that I should have tried in the first place. That *seems* to get some better reviews.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the MOST DAMAGING bb cream ive ever used! I fell in love with the coverage to be honest, but it breaks me out like crazyyyy ! Pimples and whiteheads everywhere on me face especially the cheeks. Also regarding the tube, the cream spills out as soon as you open it so its a waste of cream. I felt sad because it gives you a very natural coverage and i wanted to use it in my 'no makeup' makeup look because it really do the job.. But not gonna sacrify my skin for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would've loved this product, except I can't imagine the 3 shades could suit many skin tones at all. The darkest shade, I couldn't imagine would suit most darker-skinned ladies, and the palest shade didn't come close to being pale enough for me. It's too dark for me to wear.

That being said, everything else was good. The $6 price tag was pretty reasonable, as it has a pretty good amount of product. The tube was OK, nothing special. It hasn't broken or leaked yet, so that's good.

It has SPF 25--which is excellent! It's pretty smooth to apply as well--I put it in dots on my face and blend with the Elf small stippling brush. It has pretty good coverage for a BB cream but it doesn't feel too heavy.

Basically, everything was good except for the color, which is keeping me from wearing it. If they made a wider range of shades, than I'd imagine its possible audience would quadruple.

on 11/18/2015 12:34:00 AM

I got mine in their new Radiance formulation in the shade medium. The cream feels similar to Rimmel's mousse foundation. It has pink undertones, which does not look flattering on me since I have yellow undertones. It has SPF so this does not look good in flash photography. But I see myself wearing this on days when I need to be out and about. This comes in a plastic squeeze tube like the Rimmel Mousse Foundation with a screw cap. All in all this is a good product for the price but I don't see myself buying it again if it runs out.

on 10/16/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as my everyday work foundation. I have to use just a tiny tiny bit but it gives good coverage, especially when combined with concealer and powder. If I use too much, it doesn't blend in and looks cakey. It's definitely not a "night out" foundation but it's a great value for everyday.

on 6/23/2015 11:51:00 AM

Very thick and overtime I found that every time I put it on I turned very, very orange. At first it was ok and gave good coverage, but I'm definitely throwing it out soon. It's not a BB cream, it's a thick paste.

on 1/11/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try this after reading such great reviews about the matte version, but I have dry skin and its winter so I definitely can't use anything mattifying, so i got this one. I've also tried the Maybelline Bb (great! Like new skin in a bottle), and cover girls bb (very sheer but I really like it) and a few different tinted moisturizers (exactly the same as Bb creams IMO). Overall, the Rimmel bb cream is my least favourite of all of those products. I have light skin so of course I got the "light" shade and its more likea medium, quite dark and also orangey, it reminds me of my highschool days back in 2002 when all us girls had fake orange tans from a bottle lol its just not what i want in a tinted moisturizer/bb cream at all! It comes out like a thick lotion, which is fine except its a little greasy, but not moisturizing, and it goes on blotchy. For a Bb cream, I'd say it has a medium coverage, really I prefer light coverage but for times when my skin is not at its best a medium coverage bb would definitely be useful (I'll wear foundation but I have pretty good skin and I hate the heaviness of foundation, so im a HUGE fan of tinted creams, theyre so light and fresh feeling). In conclusion, if you have dry skin, there are much better Bb creams out there, and if you have oily skin, you would hate this bb cream, and if you're very fair, don't even bother because the lightest shade is orange and quite dark.
I really do keep trying it on, desperately trying to like it or find a use for it, but the more I use it the more I dislike it. I will try it again in summer when I have a tan but I doubt the summer heat is going to do anything to help the fact that its greasy and blotchy, probably just make it worse. I won't be getting this again

on 8/10/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is another okay drugstore BB cream. Nothing special about this IMO or significant. I have tried so many now that I will stick with my favorite which is high end, but worth the money; IT Cosmetics.

This is rather thick in texture and doesn't cover too well. It runs pretty pink, so if you are yellow toned, I would stay away. I am NW20 and it's okay for me, but even I notice how ashy it is.

on 8/5/2014 9:03:00 PM

I wrote a review about this a while ago when I first stating using this and I've changed my mind.. As I keep on using it, I'm starting to hate it. It becomes so oily after a while and the lightest tone is dark orange!

on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 PM

I like this bb cream because of the consistency. The only thing is that the light has almost a grayish tint and medium is orangey so I do wish there was a mix if the 2 colors. The coverage is pretty good but I wouldn't use this as a primer THEN put foundation over that would be too much. Overall a good bb cream and I would purchase again.