RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 25-29
RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

2.7

on 11/18/2015 12:34:00 AM

I got mine in their new Radiance formulation in the shade medium. The cream feels similar to Rimmel's mousse foundation. It has pink undertones, which does not look flattering on me since I have yellow undertones. It has SPF so this does not look good in flash photography. But I see myself wearing this on days when I need to be out and about. This comes in a plastic squeeze tube like the Rimmel Mousse Foundation with a screw cap. All in all this is a good product for the price but I don't see myself buying it again if it runs out.

on 5/26/2014 12:21:00 AM

I do not dislike this product and would buy it again, but you get what you pay for. I purchased this product for around $8 dollars after using a high-end BB Cream for quite some time. I have it in light and between the applying/drying stages the cream's color gradually got darker. It worked great as an SPF and did a wonderful job at color correction. My two gripes are that the Rimmel BB Cream needs re-application after a few hours. That is before I tested it out with pressed powder to set it and after I used a regular makeup setting spray. It also kind of burns your eyes which is hard to avoid due to the product being very liquefied. I have grown accustomed to thicker creams, honestly the high-end BB Cream I had been using left me with cakeface and this does not.

on 5/23/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far the best BB cream I have tried. Good price point (plus bought it BOGO 50% off + coupon at Ulta) and provides a nice light coverage. I like that it includes a sunscreen (used to use the L'Oreal BB and the only thing I didn't like about it was its lack of SPF). You can smell the sunscreen in it upon initial application, which bugged me the first few times I used it, but the look/feel on my skin is worth smelling sunscreen for a few seconds, The texture was very rich and I definitely could feel a difference in my skin afterwards. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have no issues with breakouts.

I could see this working for others which is why I left it a 3.

To start out I apply this with a freshly moisturized face that I let sit for about 10 minutes (which works for me). My pores disappear with this and it has nice coverage. The color's actually okay for Rimmel too. Most of Rimmel tends to be too pink on me and this isn't as bad.

That's where the positive about this product ends for me. I attempted to wear it for a day and not even 2 hours into my day it looked like I had never even applied the product. All coverage was gone, you could see my large orange-rind pores, and I was oily (which only happens with liquid face products). I won't use this again or re-buy it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Firstly, this is the first BB cream I have ever used. Secondly, I am a full-coverage type of person. Therefore, I have found that I like this product for the most part being that it does provide a decent amount of coverage, but not as much as I would like. (I realize this is the general point of BB creams.) On nights that I get dressed up, I sometimes put a small amount of foundation over it. I always use concealer after applying the BB cream, even on regular days. At first I tried to go without it, because of the "9 in 1" claim, but found it was not enough coverage. I also moisturize before applying. I was a little nervous about using this product, because prior to this one, I had been using the Fix & Perfect primer. I liked the primer, but read many negative reviews about it. In my personal experience, it does 7 of the 9 things it claims to do; primes, minimizes pores, covers, smooths, mattifies, brighten, protects from sun. The other two are moisturize and conceal, which I didn't feel it accomplished on its own without a little help from my other products.

I found the color to be true to my skin tone and that a little goes a long way, because the formula is rich. The tube is pretty large. I did not experience any break-outs or irritation. I feel BB creams are a fad, but definitely a useful fad for those who shy away from foundations and other full coverage-type makeup. I guess it is another option for the individuals out there...but I find it all very confusing between tinted moisturizers, BB creams, CC creams, DD creams, and classic foundation. I find the whole thing to be very shampoo-conditioner combo. I would repurchase this product and possibly will try others in the future, but almost like a primer.. Bottom line--it comes down to personal preference and beauty goals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin data: oily/combo t-zone,acne prone,large pores,clogged pores prone,red/bluish post acne hyper pigmentation,dry flaky healing acne spots. I don't have a perfect skin but I have luck with some Asian bb cream that perfect for everyday no hassle look. But I was looking for an affordable bb cream that I can just buy at the drugstore,so I picked this one up. This bb cream is so thick and so emollient,and it'll never fully set without a setting powder on top. On me,one layer isn't enough but more than that will feel too heavy on the skin. I have very clogged prone skin and one of the ingredient is Shea butter and it broke me out. Maybe if you have dry skin,you'll like this but if you have problematic skin try Garnier bb cream for oily/combo skin. It's twice the price but its worth it.

on 9/24/2013 9:36:00 AM

I tried this BB cream over about three months and by the end, I threw the tube away. It just didn't work for me. No matter how I used it, this would always oxidise on my skin and go a strange orangey colour within about three hours. It promises coverage of blemishes and a million other things, but it always looked patchy and seemed to cover some areas of my skin, but then paradoxically highlight any blemishes I had. My skin also became extremely greasy within about an hour of using it.

The price point is great, and the packaging is nice. But other than that, this was a huge fail.

I bought this in medium since it's summer time. I matched okay when I first put it on, I liked the finish, and loved the SPF. It has nice coverage and it's really buildable. A few hours later the issues started... my face was oily in my t-zone even if I used a primer and set it up with powder... it will also look very orange after a few hours! By the end of the day my face was super oily!!!

on 4/25/2013 10:14:00 AM

I was looking for a BB cream with good SPF levels AND a mattifying effect as it will be the only makeup I'll be wearing on a long, humid trip. Matte finishes with BBs are hard to find, so I was very excited to try this one for just $7.

Pros:
Matte finish
SPF 25 - sunscreen doesn't sting eyes or leave white color
Good coverage - natural-looking but does even out skin
Lasts for a long time, even in the heat
Price is super reasonable
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin (itchiness or redness)

Cons:
Dries really quickly, sort of tough to work with
Light color is JUST a little too orange to blend in with my skintone
I had two new, minor blemishes after using this for just one day, when I hadn't had any breakouts in two weeks.

Although this is not the worst BB, the cons outweighed the pros for me and my search continues. If you're not as white as I am, aren't acne-prone and are very deft with fast application, this may work really well for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got the lightest shade which worked out all right. The colour was a good match and it went on with a Beauty Blender seemingly fine. It didn't cover a whole lot but my face wasn't quite as red as it is normally. I set it with Tarte powder, but it transferred during the day and then I noticed a zit already coming up by the time I came home from work. Not about to give this a second chance. At least it's cheap.