Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.0

on 11/21/2015 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

On a whim, I purchased this Rimmel product in the Radiance formula, in Light. I have recently discovered Rimmel and have been happy with previous products. This one did not disappoint. I have tried BB creams, the Asian ones, and others; have not really loved any. I would say I love this one but really it is more like a good foundation, and blended well with my fair skin. I thought the radiance formula would be shiny, but it is not; it goes on great and wears all day with a powder over it. It is only 1 fl. oz, but the price is great. Like many of us, I am always on the lookout for the holy grail foundation. This, Maybelline's Dream Mousse liquid foundation, and Mary Kay Timewise, luminous-wear, come really close.

on 9/14/2015 6:19:00 PM

Makes my skin oily, irritated, looks like it will never dry out after applying and gives incredibly sheer cover. Breaks me out usually the day after I use it.
The lightest shade is at least 3 typical shades too dark.
Bought it as my first BB cream ever, it sort of put me off the whole idea of BB creams for a long long time.
Incredibly cheap, sometimes I have to use it as a backup plan, so I guess it was useful from time to time. A lot of people use it, but it's usually people who, no offence, grab the first thing from the drugstore. There's so many other products that wouldn't have any of these issues for similar price.

on 11/5/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This thing, do not really do anything to the skin.
If you are oily and have acnes or acne scars, save your money, don't buy this.
The formula is chunky, its cream, but its super hard to blend it into your skin.
It does not do any coverage for my skin as well

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is bad.
I've tried a lot of BB creams and this is for sure the worst. There's not even much BB cream about it, except for it's SPF 25.

First of it's pretty hard to find the right colour match with only 3 shades, but that in general is a problem with almost all drugstore products. I went for the lightest shade, because I'm pretty pale (NC15-20), but it's the strangest colour! It's so orange/pink-ish.

The formula of this "BB cream" is really thick and very heavy. Doesn't feel lightweight on the skin for sure. Because of it's really thick consistency it tends to cake up on my skin, and settle into dry patches. However it offers a high coverage for a BB cream, almost to high coverage. It covers more than some of my foundations.

I can't really imagine who this is gonna be good for. I can't imagine it working for oily skin, since it's really... Dewy, almost greasy I would say. Even on my dry/normal skin.

- Overall a bad product. Don't expect a natural and light result with this.
I can recommend Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream for dry/normal skin types or Garniers BB cream for combo/oil skin, for those types of skin.

Surprisingly good coverage for a BB...BUT that's likely problematic for most skin tones given the very limited color range. It does blend well too.
I think this was what broke me out...either it was the type of sunscreen in it or just that it was too emollient and thick. Changed a couple things so can't be sure.
Also- definitely has a strong sunscreen smell to it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this bb cream. It evens out my skin tone and I can wear with a little powder over top for a natural look. It does need some good blending but once it blends out it looks good. I have normal/dry skin and apply over moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this bb cream! I've tried this and loreal and have to say I like this one more then l'oreal. Plan on picking up Garnier next! Would repurchase though

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm extremely disappointed by this product. It's hard to apply since it doesn't spread well. The medium shade is very light. Also, from the very beginning my face feels and looks cakey. I put l'oreal true match powder over it and that makes it less cakey but after an hour or so, I need to reapply the powder agains since it makes it look more cakey. I hate this product, and I just wasted $7.

on 7/10/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The Light wasn't light enough for my fair skin, they need to make a Fair shade, especially since its a British company and there are plenty of fair girls in the UK. For reference I'm a BB Porcelain, LM Porcelain Ivory, Stila A or 10 Watts. The texture was fine, wasn't greasy or overly shiny, the tube was good and the spf 20 was nice, but I had to blend Blanc de Chanel over it to lighten it up. Too much work.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this BB cream. It has a medium to high coverage, is buildable, and dries to a satin-matte finish. Broad spectrum spf25. Small, easy to use and travel size tube. Amazing drugstore product. Only complaint is the shade in "Light" is very pink, probably about NW17.

EDIT: I no longer like this BB Cream : ( It goes patchy on me. It starts off looking full coverage and satin-matte finish. Then after 6-8 hours, it oxidizes and separates on my face.