Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a VERY thick consistency for a BB cream which I wasn’t expecting and which I actually find a bit too thick for every day use, which kind of defeats the object of it being a BB cream. Application is easy, although I’ve found a little goes a long way and it’s easy to overdo things. With the ‘Very Light’ shade I have that can result in a ghostly cast to my skin, which isn’t too bad in the autumn/winter months when I’m paler anyway but not so forgiving in the spring/summer months.

According to the blurb on the back of the tube, this has 9 in 1 results, which are:

1) Primes – I still find I need to use a primer
2) Moisturises – I still use my regular moisturiser before applying this, as this alone definitely wouldn’t be enough for my skin
3) Helps minimise the appearance of pores – possibly on first application, but as the day wears on I actually find my pores become more noticeable as this settles into them
4) Conceals – it does but mainly because the consistency is so thick
5) Covers – again it does, but only because the consistency is so thick which isn’t really ideal in a BB cream
6) Smooths – much like the minimising pores claim, this does smooth on first application but as the day wears on and my skin gets oily it actually starts to look patchy especially on my forehead, nose and chin
7) Mattifies – on first application yes, but this definitely doesn’t last all day and my skin looked no less oily throughout the day whilst using this
8) Brightens – I would have to disagree with this statement as I feel like it actually has a tendency to cancel out any colour on my skin, making it look flat and lacklustre without blush etc applied over it
9) Helps protect – it’s got SPF 25 in it, which for a drugstore product is pretty good going

Overall this is an okay BB cream to use when I don’t have anything else to hand, but I don’t think it lives up to the 9-in-1 claims and I won’t be repurchasing when the one I have is empty.

I am not a big fan of BB creams (even though I have dry skin and normally BB creams should be a godsend for my skin type), however, this little guy by Rimmel is quite a nice one.

I think despite its somewhat limited colour selection, it is a very lovely light coverage tint to use on a daily basis (that is if you find your match). It works incredibly well on a normal to dry skin types; if you are a bit more oily I am not very sure that you will like it.

The coverage you get is quite even, the product never looks blotchy and even when it fades away after some hours, it does it gracefully and never "separates" on the skin. You can read more about application and wear aspects in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/06/Testing-Rimmel-9-In-1-BB-Cream ). Overall, for those of you on a budget and with a fair skin tone (because that's the only shade available) it is a good BB option. Great for make-up beginners or busy ladies with no time for a fancy make-up routine.

I actually don't like that this cream has such medium coverage. I use bb cream instead of foundation because I hate the "make-upy" feel/look. It's really pigmented, so the fair shade almost made me look ghostly/chalky. It also gave my face that gross, greasy feeling. I guess it's not a total loss, because I got it for $6...but it's just not what I'm looking for in a BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry to normal skin depending on the time of year. I used this BB cream during the summer months. I used the shade in light/medium. I have been using SuperGoop CC cream which applies and blends like a dream. This BB cream just sits on top of the skin. NO matter how much I buff it in or bounce my Beauty blender this stuff doesnt melt into my skin. It just sits on top looking like crap. I gave it many chances and it does the same thing over and over . In the trash it goes. I think it was like $6 for 1 oz at Walgreens. I'd rather fork out my $32 for my SuperGoop thanks.

Feels nice on skin however doesn't apply smoothly even with my more expensive brushes. I would recommend NYX BB Beauty Balm instead. Although it is a bit more expensive, it is a lot better

on 2/22/2016 3:31:00 PM

I love this formula. I use the Radiance one in Light and it's a very good match for my NC20 skin. I've tried other Rimmel BB creams and they are a touch too dark or look more orange on my skin but this one, it's a near perfect match. At first I was worried that the radiance factor might mean it had shimmer or something, but it's natural looking, and on me it does brighten my skin a bit. (I can't say if it has long-term good effects, though, since I use other products, but I figure the brightening claims -- and the SPF -- can't hurt.)

The formula has a tiny bit of scent to it, but I don't find it distracting. It applies smoothly and evenly and it's a bit heavier than your standard face lotion, but you get the pigment and coverage with this. It feels more like foundation than lotion, actually, though it really is a tinted moisturizer.

It does a really good job and making my skin look more evenly complected, and it blurs out flaws really well, too, without feeling heavy. When I set it with powder I get pretty good staying power, too, even on the hottest days when I sweat a lot. I tend to keep a tube of it in my purse in case I need to touch up something, and I rarely need to use it, it works that well for me.

I'm someone who rarely buys a second of anything, but this one, I'm on my third or fourth tube of it. Factor in the price of about $7 (and Rimmel often has coupons in stores) and drugstore sales, it's even better since I usually end up grabbing this for $5 or less.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the MOST DAMAGING bb cream ive ever used! I fell in love with the coverage to be honest, but it breaks me out like crazyyyy ! Pimples and whiteheads everywhere on me face especially the cheeks. Also regarding the tube, the cream spills out as soon as you open it so its a waste of cream. I felt sad because it gives you a very natural coverage and i wanted to use it in my 'no makeup' makeup look because it really do the job.. But not gonna sacrify my skin for that.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff. I use it most days. It's very natural looking but also does a good job of evening out my skintone. I have repurchased several times.

on 11/29/2015 11:52:00 PM

The price and packaging of this product was good. Simple squeezy bottle and was only £3.99. Although I personally found the product not good at all. I found it very hard to blend into my skin and felt like it was just sitting on top of my face, it felt very cakey and sticky and brought me out in such bad spots. If I put this on when I woke up at 6:00, it would almost definitely need re-doing by 10:00. It didn't make me feel good. I felt it made my skin very bad and would definitely not recommend.

on 11/23/2015 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it and absolutely will buy it again..the color matches me well ..no cakey but definitely didn't control my shiny face all day ..neither all other matte foundation I've been tried ..however I used it with rimmel stay matte compact powder and had even better result..light to medium coverage and I can build it up but I use it for daily makeup so light coverage is suitable