Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 1/6/2018 6:35:00 AM

I ended up using this product as an emergency back up as i forgot my usual Bb cream when i was on holiday. I was quite surprised by the consistency as i was so used to using a lighter consistency bb cream, the first few wears were ok but as the week went on, i found that it became quite oily on my skin and it didn't stay on for the whole day. Overall its not bad but i would rather pay a little more to have better quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm surprised to see such negative reviews because to me it performs not the way it is described by other reviewers. Maybe the formulation is different in Europe? Mine looks just like in the picture though.

I have normal to dry skin with post-acne pigmentation. To me the consistency is very runny and liquid but nice when it's blended (I just use fingers). I don't think it fully sets but it changes the texture once it dries. I add concealer and then lightly set everything with mineral powder. It does blur my dark spots and gives me better complexion. I'm not a foundation lover, and I never found my perfect (or at least optimal) complexion product, but this stuff is so easy to apply and looks so well that it became a part of my daily routine. I think it wears decently throughout the day. You can see the difference but nothing dramatic.

The packaging is okay. I love the shape and size - nice for travel. But the tip of the tube could be wider, I often find myself struggling to wipe off the product with my fingers. The product has a light fruity scent.

Overall I think it's better for people with dry skin. I will repurchase.

Used as a base,my face felt very heavy with other makeup. I tried using again with no other makeup, cakey,patchy,dry.Not a good buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a VERY thick consistency for a BB cream which I wasn’t expecting and which I actually find a bit too thick for every day use, which kind of defeats the object of it being a BB cream. Application is easy, although I’ve found a little goes a long way and it’s easy to overdo things. With the ‘Very Light’ shade I have that can result in a ghostly cast to my skin, which isn’t too bad in the autumn/winter months when I’m paler anyway but not so forgiving in the spring/summer months.

According to the blurb on the back of the tube, this has 9 in 1 results, which are:

1) Primes – I still find I need to use a primer
2) Moisturises – I still use my regular moisturiser before applying this, as this alone definitely wouldn’t be enough for my skin
3) Helps minimise the appearance of pores – possibly on first application, but as the day wears on I actually find my pores become more noticeable as this settles into them
4) Conceals – it does but mainly because the consistency is so thick
5) Covers – again it does, but only because the consistency is so thick which isn’t really ideal in a BB cream
6) Smooths – much like the minimising pores claim, this does smooth on first application but as the day wears on and my skin gets oily it actually starts to look patchy especially on my forehead, nose and chin
7) Mattifies – on first application yes, but this definitely doesn’t last all day and my skin looked no less oily throughout the day whilst using this
8) Brightens – I would have to disagree with this statement as I feel like it actually has a tendency to cancel out any colour on my skin, making it look flat and lacklustre without blush etc applied over it
9) Helps protect – it’s got SPF 25 in it, which for a drugstore product is pretty good going

Overall this is an okay BB cream to use when I don’t have anything else to hand, but I don’t think it lives up to the 9-in-1 claims and I won’t be repurchasing when the one I have is empty.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not a big fan of BB creams (even though I have dry skin and normally BB creams should be a godsend for my skin type), however, this little guy by Rimmel is quite a nice one.

I think despite its somewhat limited colour selection, it is a very lovely light coverage tint to use on a daily basis (that is if you find your match). It works incredibly well on a normal to dry skin types; if you are a bit more oily I am not very sure that you will like it.

The coverage you get is quite even, the product never looks blotchy and even when it fades away after some hours, it does it gracefully and never "separates" on the skin. You can read more about application and wear aspects in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/06/Testing-Rimmel-9-In-1-BB-Cream ). Overall, for those of you on a budget and with a fair skin tone (because that's the only shade available) it is a good BB option. Great for make-up beginners or busy ladies with no time for a fancy make-up routine.

I actually don't like that this cream has such medium coverage. I use bb cream instead of foundation because I hate the "make-upy" feel/look. It's really pigmented, so the fair shade almost made me look ghostly/chalky. It also gave my face that gross, greasy feeling. I guess it's not a total loss, because I got it for $6...but it's just not what I'm looking for in a BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry to normal skin depending on the time of year. I used this BB cream during the summer months. I used the shade in light/medium. I have been using SuperGoop CC cream which applies and blends like a dream. This BB cream just sits on top of the skin. NO matter how much I buff it in or bounce my Beauty blender this stuff doesnt melt into my skin. It just sits on top looking like crap. I gave it many chances and it does the same thing over and over . In the trash it goes. I think it was like $6 for 1 oz at Walgreens. I'd rather fork out my $32 for my SuperGoop thanks.

Feels nice on skin however doesn't apply smoothly even with my more expensive brushes. I would recommend NYX BB Beauty Balm instead. Although it is a bit more expensive, it is a lot better

on 2/22/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this formula. I use the Radiance one in Light and it's a very good match for my NC20 skin. I've tried other Rimmel BB creams and they are a touch too dark or look more orange on my skin but this one, it's a near perfect match. At first I was worried that the radiance factor might mean it had shimmer or something, but it's natural looking, and on me it does brighten my skin a bit. (I can't say if it has long-term good effects, though, since I use other products, but I figure the brightening claims -- and the SPF -- can't hurt.)

The formula has a tiny bit of scent to it, but I don't find it distracting. It applies smoothly and evenly and it's a bit heavier than your standard face lotion, but you get the pigment and coverage with this. It feels more like foundation than lotion, actually, though it really is a tinted moisturizer.

It does a really good job and making my skin look more evenly complected, and it blurs out flaws really well, too, without feeling heavy. When I set it with powder I get pretty good staying power, too, even on the hottest days when I sweat a lot. I tend to keep a tube of it in my purse in case I need to touch up something, and I rarely need to use it, it works that well for me.

I'm someone who rarely buys a second of anything, but this one, I'm on my third or fourth tube of it. Factor in the price of about $7 (and Rimmel often has coupons in stores) and drugstore sales, it's even better since I usually end up grabbing this for $5 or less.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the MOST DAMAGING bb cream ive ever used! I fell in love with the coverage to be honest, but it breaks me out like crazyyyy ! Pimples and whiteheads everywhere on me face especially the cheeks. Also regarding the tube, the cream spills out as soon as you open it so its a waste of cream. I felt sad because it gives you a very natural coverage and i wanted to use it in my 'no makeup' makeup look because it really do the job.. But not gonna sacrify my skin for that.