RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great product for the price!
I bought this as a quick fix while on vacation out of state earlier this year. I was initially hesitant about the quality and safety of the product because of the price -- t was about $5 at Walmart. I picked up the "light" shade for my very fair, freckled skin. I use about a pea-sized amount when applying.
It's thick, but the texture is not necessarily oily. I've found that with my oily skin, I need just a light dusting of finishing powder (I use TOO FACED Primed & Poreless translucent). It has great coverage for redness while still allowing my freckles to shine and it does create a decent matte finish with OR without a powder; however, if used alone and with oily skin, it tends to melt off within a few hours and leave a greasy feel. It hasn't caused my very sensitive skin to break out like many foundations/moisturizers do.
For reference, I've used this product for a week during a freezing Michigan winter as well as in the sweltering and extremely humid Florida summer and it has held up beautifully in both conditions. :)

It has a safety rating of 5 on EWG.org which is honestly better than most products (yes, including some/most of the expensive department store brands). I'm on the hunt for a more natural product with a similar effect, but I will keep this as a backup for sure!

on 5/23/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far the best BB cream I have tried. Good price point (plus bought it BOGO 50% off + coupon at Ulta) and provides a nice light coverage. I like that it includes a sunscreen (used to use the L'Oreal BB and the only thing I didn't like about it was its lack of SPF). You can smell the sunscreen in it upon initial application, which bugged me the first few times I used it, but the look/feel on my skin is worth smelling sunscreen for a few seconds, The texture was very rich and I definitely could feel a difference in my skin afterwards. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have no issues with breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got the lightest shade which worked out all right. The colour was a good match and it went on with a Beauty Blender seemingly fine. It didn't cover a whole lot but my face wasn't quite as red as it is normally. I set it with Tarte powder, but it transferred during the day and then I noticed a zit already coming up by the time I came home from work. Not about to give this a second chance. At least it's cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first time ever that I consider a foundation to be overly matte for my skin. Let me explain it: my complexion is so oily that my main concern with make up is typically to conceal the shine excess and dewy look. Thus, the key-moment on my everyday make up routine is setting it with powder and make it look as natural as possible.

Well, this product changed my mind - there is such thing as too matte for me. Despite its good coverage, suitable shade (I use the lighter color, which is not too pale, perfect for my slightly golden skin tone) and handy presentation (a plastic tube that allows a good control of the amount of product you wish to spend), its oil-free formulation is so thick that I have a hard time to blend it in. And by hard time I mean spending more than just a few minutes before the cakey strikes vanish and it starts to look more like my own skin.
I've tried applying it with the classic flat foundation brush and as well as with a more light stippling brush, but the problem remained. The only way I found to make it easier to spread is by mixing it with a small amount of liquid highlighting primer (my current favorite is Catrice's Prime and Fine) on the back of my hand using the foundation brush. This makes it a little less lackluster and so much easier to put on, and also with a better balance between unified color and subtle radiance.
Still, I can't help thinking that there's a long way to go before it is a well-designed universal tinted moisturizer.

I'm not unhappy with the purchase and I have learned to adapt it to my routine, but probably won't buy it again. If the main purpose of BB Creams is to save time every morning by skipping steps, this one does not fulfill that promise. However, it would be unfair to consider it a bad product - for an inexpensive drugstore foundation it behaves quite decently on the long run.