RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 25-29
RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.2

I actually don't like that this cream has such medium coverage. I use bb cream instead of foundation because I hate the "make-upy" feel/look. It's really pigmented, so the fair shade almost made me look ghostly/chalky. It also gave my face that gross, greasy feeling. I guess it's not a total loss, because I got it for $6...but it's just not what I'm looking for in a BB cream.

on 3/4/2014 8:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorite everyday products. I had used a Maybelline one before, which was ok, but definitely had less coverage and was thinner. The Rimmel one is the least expensive ones around, and has a thicker consistency, which is really useful in covering up zits. This thickness allows it to smooth out my complexion in a way most BB creams (and even foundation) can't. I would even say it covers blemishes as well as some high-end makeup. However, it is not so thick that it cakes up on your face The fact that it has SPF 25 helps. Long story short, I'm really happy I bought this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin data: oily/combo t-zone,acne prone,large pores,clogged pores prone,red/bluish post acne hyper pigmentation,dry flaky healing acne spots. I don't have a perfect skin but I have luck with some Asian bb cream that perfect for everyday no hassle look. But I was looking for an affordable bb cream that I can just buy at the drugstore,so I picked this one up. This bb cream is so thick and so emollient,and it'll never fully set without a setting powder on top. On me,one layer isn't enough but more than that will feel too heavy on the skin. I have very clogged prone skin and one of the ingredient is Shea butter and it broke me out. Maybe if you have dry skin,you'll like this but if you have problematic skin try Garnier bb cream for oily/combo skin. It's twice the price but its worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG! I use it every single day! I have really bad acne but when I'm not broken out I use it as a foundation, if not I use it under. You can't beat the price and the coverage is awesome. I have light & medium on hand at all times. Don't know why this product doesn't have five stars! Love the coverage- I was looking for a fuller coverage bb cream and this delivers.

on 8/29/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Well I have very acne probe skin and little did i know BB creams tend to clog pores. So the first day I used this product I noticed after a couple hours my skin was very oily and shiny due to the cream. Anyways..the next morning I woke up with face full of pimples. I haven't broke out that bad in months. So if you have acne prob skin, do yourself a favor and discontinue use of this product.

If you have blemishes and are looking for a BB cream for coverage, do NOT buy this product. When I first put it on in the morning, I thought that it looked a little heavy and almost “cakey” like but thought that it would even out. When I went outside in the warm weather for a couple of minutes and came back in, I was HORRIFIED at what I saw in the mirror. The BB Cream had made my pores look HUGE and had basically melted down my face, did NOT look natural AT ALL. I will be returning this product to shoppers tonight and try to find a product that actually works.

The coverage from this BB cream was quite good, however if I used it in conjunction with a moisturizer it did not glide on smoothly. I also think it make me break out more than usual. I would not recommend this if you have acne-prone skin. However, if you have normal skin it might work well for you.

on 3/6/2013 9:18:00 PM

I brought this product half price at a local Pharmacy. Just brought it for the hell of it to see what the rave about BB creams have been lately- can I just say for the $7.50~ i paid this product is GREAT!!! I use this almost everyday at work as I dont have the best skin but hate wearing makeup at work so am looking for something with decent coverage that doesnt feel like I am wearing make-up. Not sure about the 9 in 1 claims cover but i do know its the perfect balance when you need more coverage than a tinted moisturiser however less coverage than foundation. The SPF 25 is a great feature also. Will definately recommend and buy again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I am actually loving this BB cream now. I bought several others to test and none of them stayed fresh and kept me from getting oily like this one did! I will definitely buy this again, pending my long-term use doesn't break me out. It's a huge plus that this is the cheapest BB cream I've found so far! It also doesn't contain salt or ethylhexyl palmitate or any other really comedogenic ingredient either! So glad I gave this stuff a good chance!
_______________________________________________________

So, this BB cream is more like a foundation. It's thicker than the other few I've used, and when I say thicker I mean that it's a little bit dryer. It's hard to get good coverage with this stuff because it's difficult to smooth over my face without getting overloaded. Even on my freshly cleansed-then-moisturized skin (oily skin type), it's hard to get even coverage. Thankfully it doesn't break me out and looks okay when set with powder. I find it looks BEST when I mix it with sunscreen, then it's more spreadable. I don't know if I'll buy this stuff again. I will say this though, it's most likely NOT for people with dry skin.