Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

I actually don't like that this cream has such medium coverage. I use bb cream instead of foundation because I hate the "make-upy" feel/look. It's really pigmented, so the fair shade almost made me look ghostly/chalky. It also gave my face that gross, greasy feeling. I guess it's not a total loss, because I got it for $6...but it's just not what I'm looking for in a BB cream.

on 7/10/2016 5:22:00 PM

this product has good coverage for a BB cream (much better than the maybelline one). however it was VERY difficult to apply/blend, and I tried with a beauty blender and with just using my hands. It was extremely patchy, clung to certain areas of my face and made my finishing powder settle into my face horribly. Would NOT ever buy again or recommend to anyone.

on 8/8/2014 12:44:00 PM

This is the first BB cream I've ever tried and I like it quite a bit. I originally wanted to buy the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, but I heard from a friend that it was extremely greasy and provided little to no coverage. I have very fair skin and when I first used this product in the winter, I noticed it made my skin a darker shade than my neck and so I didn't use it for a while. In the summer I don't get an extreme tan, but people who know me can tell my skin loses it's ghostly quality. I tried the BB cream again and it matched my summer skin tone. It was just the right amount of coverage that I would expect from a BB cream and I am realizing that I really expect to only use it in the summer anyway because it's so hot I don't want to go through my usual makeup routine. I find the formula pretty thick and so it doesn't spread as easily as some other BB creams I have tried. But I'm glad it doesn't squeeze out so easily because I'd lose a lot of product that way. Not sure if I will run out anytime soon because I use it only during the summer, but if I do run out and want a BB cream, this is the one I will purchase.

on 7/18/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation/ BB cream and have purchased 6 or 7 bottles so far. It covers well, doesn't break me out and covers very, very well although I still use concealer over any dark acne marks or blemishes. I love that it has Avobenzone as the sunscreen which I haven't been able to find in any other foundation. The price is great too!

on 3/24/2014 6:43:00 AM

This product was a definite failure for me. It was difficult to spread on my face, too dark for my skin and broke me out TERRIBLY. i will never buy it again!

on 3/10/2014 12:47:00 AM

I am on to my 4th tube of this product!
It was the first BB cream I ever purchased, and I was very impressed.

I picked up the light shade, and I think that it is a very nice colour. It blends nicely, and looks natural. I gives nice coverage compared to other BB creams I've tried.
I use it with a primer and a powder, and it stays nicely. I walked through Universal Studios, on a 30˙C day, all day and it lasted quite well. It wore off a bit, but didn't look patchy or gross.

It has a very nice scent, in my opinion, and feels smooth and barely there on your skin.

Finally, it claims to be 9-in-1. I would suggest it does about 5-6 out of the 9. I am a fan of the product, as you can tell from the number of times I have repurchased. It is reasonablly priced (about $12.95 from Priceline), for the amount of product you get.

It is a nice first BB cream, or light weight foundation.

on 3/4/2014 8:28:00 PM

This is one of my favorite everyday products. I had used a Maybelline one before, which was ok, but definitely had less coverage and was thinner. The Rimmel one is the least expensive ones around, and has a thicker consistency, which is really useful in covering up zits. This thickness allows it to smooth out my complexion in a way most BB creams (and even foundation) can't. I would even say it covers blemishes as well as some high-end makeup. However, it is not so thick that it cakes up on your face The fact that it has SPF 25 helps. Long story short, I'm really happy I bought this!

on 2/18/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this product would be really good for a beachy vacation. It's small, travel-sized, and has spf 25.
My skin tone is very hard to match, so right now, during the pale phase of winter, this product doesn't totally match my skin tone (light). However, this product wears light, it covers most of my faded acne scars, and it controls my oiliness. I'm very excited to try this product when I go on spring break and I'll need something quick and easy to put on before I spend the day on the Florida shores.

This bb cream is extremely thick, it's more of a foundation consistency than a bb cream consistency. It dries quick and is hard to apply with fingers. I blended it in with a kabuki brush, and the bb cream tended to get really cakey, even with one light layer. It caked up especially on my nose and forehead. If you have dry skin this would defiantly will be a no go for you.

Okay this is my go to bb cream! I really don;t believe that the 9 benefits are really their, most double up and some of the 'benefits/results' are quite subtle. I also have problems with the name, I wouldn't call it skin perfecting super makeup, i'd call it skin ENHANCING, because it doesn't perfect though it does really enhance the skin.
The packaging is pretty good for a $12 (aus) product, the twist on cap isn't messy as the formula is thick enough, i don't really like the tan colour of the package however it is a cheap product with effective and simple packaging.
I got the BB cream in light and it is an extremely pink hue that goes on quite dark and can even match up with my fake tan that I only use a small amount of, so if you are someone who is a dark pale i would opt for the light colour as medium may be too dark.
Now I'll go over the products 9 skin perfecting benefits:

primes-> I don't use this under foundation though it does even out my skin tone and if you wait a while for it to absorb it will leave your skin quite flawless and ready for foundation

Moisturises-> I don't think this would be particularly moisturising for people with dry skin though i have quite oily skin and it just leaves my skin feeling nice, so it is quite a simple moisturiser, those with dry skin may need something extra

Minimises pores-> Yes this makes my pores small and covers blackheads

Conceals-> Yes!!! This conceals so much better than many bb creams but it still has that light feeling. Small pimples are completely gone and redness is reduced drastically on my big gross pimples. Under the eyes it doesn't work as well though it is much better than many others, it brightens and helps take the horrid edge off my terrible under eye area.

Covers-> This is the same as covers so i don't like how this is claimed as a 'benefit', though this does cover skin quite well and evens out un-even tones

Smoothes-> As I said in covers it evens the tones, and it also gives skin a radiant and brightened look

Mattifies-> hmm not much, i will say it does not leave me oily which is better than many others

Brightens-> I think I've talked about it's brightening effects quite a lot but it does make your face appear radiant

Protects-> Yesss! SPF 25 is great for any makeup and i enjoy that it has so much spf without feeling oily or greasy, You only actually need a little bit of this to cover your entire your face, though this is not enough product to actually protect you safely, so i would recommend doubling this with a sunscreen if you are using it for sun protection. Though for incidental sun exposure this is quite nice

how i apply: finger s are probably the best, it warms up the product and allows you to rub it in well so it can adjust to the colour, i also sometimes use a sponge though sometimes the product just sort of falls apart on the sponge and it looks all clumpy on my face
Also it must be noted that the formula is quite thick and you do have to rub it a bit but i reallyyyy do enjoy it and it is my go to everyday face product
It lasts for about 6 hours after being set with powder on my extremely oily face.