Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

This is an overall OK product, nothing really special. Though it can be a little drying at times and it often comes out of the bottle, so when i open the cap it is very messy (if that makes sense). It does give a somewhat good amount of coverage (but definitely not full coverage) for a more everyday look, but i will not repurchase it.

on 1/6/2018 6:35:00 AM

I ended up using this product as an emergency back up as i forgot my usual Bb cream when i was on holiday. I was quite surprised by the consistency as i was so used to using a lighter consistency bb cream, the first few wears were ok but as the week went on, i found that it became quite oily on my skin and it didn't stay on for the whole day. Overall its not bad but i would rather pay a little more to have better quality.

Used as a base,my face felt very heavy with other makeup. I tried using again with no other makeup, cakey,patchy,dry.Not a good buy.

I really don't like this product. it's very oily, doesn't blend even and you have wait an eternity to it to dry. The light color isn't light, it's a medium beige, i dont recommend for pale people.

on 9/21/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combination to oily skin & Asian complexion.

Firstly, I found that none of the shades fit me. As it is a fairly pigmented product, it's really noticeable if you don't have the right shade. The Medium shade was too light and the Medium/Dark shade was too dark. This wasn't really a deal breaker for me though as I just ended up buying both shades and mixed them together to come up with the right shade.

I've been using this product every day for a week to give it a chance and, while it did have some positives, overall it unfortunately just wasn't the product for me.

My notes on this product:
- I noticed that instead of hiding/blurring my pores, it actually emphasised them. Never have my pores looked so noticeable. I was better off without it.
- Evens out skin tone well and pretty good coverage for a BB cream. It hides redness well BUT it oxidised on my skin in patches?? So my whole face didn't turn orange but random patches did (particularly on my cheeks), which was really weird and really unflattering... I noticed this tended to happen after about 4 hours of wear.
- Emphasises the dry spots on my face instead of moisturising (particularly around my nose)
- Emphasises lines/creases/wrinkles (particularly my smile lines & under eyes)
- Didn't blend in/sink into my skin straight away. After application, the product kind of just sat on top, looking quite chalky. HOWEVER this did improve after about 2 hours and only then did it give me a nice dewy and smooth finish (but that could've just been my oily skin producing oil and mixing with the product?).
- Didn't apply smoothy either. Tried applying it with a beauty blender, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and with Zoeva Silk Finish, but no matter what tool I used, it ended up streaky and took a lot of work to buff the streaks out to achieve an even application.

Won't be using this again.

Just bought the NYX BB cream and it's 100x better. Better quality and doesn't do any of the negative things I've noted about this Rimmel one. Plus, the Golden shade matched my skin perfectly. Highly recommend that over this.

on 3/15/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is quite possibly the worst product I have ever purchased, ever. Within two hours of application I looked like a sunburnt hot mess disaster - oxidised horribly and eventually turned red on my skin, emphasised dry patches I didn't even know existed and collects into really strange chunks on the skin which are impossible to blend.
This review has a really accurate picture of what I'm trying to describe: http://www.prettygossip.com/2013/01/10/the-worst-drugstore-bb-cream-is/
Save yourself the £6.99.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh, as a bb cream it's okay. Yeah, the shade selection sucks. If Rimmel London also tried to sell for women of color they'd have way more consumers therefore increasing their financial gain. Whatever. I don't care for this as a bob cream, but OH, let me tell ya. This works great as a face primer! I use the too faced born this way foundation which I am obsessed with. Love it, the coverage,the finish, however my skin is more on the oily side so it does not last even two hours without my acne marks showing through and my face looking like an oil slick if I don't blot. So this morning I decided to use this bb as a primer underneath my foundation and wow!! My foundation looked great all day, I think I blotted once but for the entire 13 hours I had my foundation on it didn't settle into my laugh lines or look super oily. The coverage also lasted and it looked pretty much how it looked when I first applied it on that morning. I can vouche! Bb cream? Meh. Face primer? Yes!

Let me preface this: I am on the paler side. I have to buy the lightest shade of makeup for everything. That said, the lightest shade of this product was quite obviously too dark the second I put it on by at least two to three shades, and had an extremely orange tint to it regardless of how lightly I used it. Long story short: don't buy the product if you're very pale and don't spray tan. That wouldn't be a problem for people with skin tones which are darker than mine, but the product is also rather thick and difficult to blend, and it winds up looking caked on very easily. It also remains sticky for a significant amount of time after applying, even with setting powder.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff. I use it most days. It's very natural looking but also does a good job of evening out my skintone. I have repurchased several times.

on 12/29/2015 3:03:00 PM

I am surprised at the mixed reviews about this product. I loathe foundation and excessive face makeup in general, but this is a beautiful product that I never leave home without. For people like me who dislike foundations, matte mousses, compact powders and loose powders, this BB is a HG item. First of all, I only use it over my T-zone and not all over my face, so less is certainly more when it comes to using this BB cream. My main problem area is visible pores on my T-zone, though thankfully they are blackhead free. This BB cream glides on beautifully, and even though I use the regular version (and not the matte one), my skin looks flawless and polished for hours on end.

I don't use any other foundation/face war paint. Just this BB cream, a bit of bronzer and a bit of lip gloss. HG product.