RIMMEL BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/4/2018 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

EDIT: I'd been using this for years, but the most recent bottle I picked up, the consistency and bottle is different than what I've used in the past. It's so liquidy and with the new nozzle it just pours out and you have little control over how much. Als o I think the formula may have changed. When I use it now, it breaks me out. I'm so sad because I loved this bb cream even more so than more expensive ones

Firstly, I was seeing a lot of complaints about it not being full coverage. It's a bb cream. They are very much known to be light coverage, maaaybe medium. If you want or need full coverage, bb creams are not for you, stick to regular foundation. That being said, I keep coming back to this bb cream, even after trying other low to mid-end bb creams and tinted moisturizers. It just does exactly what I want a bb cream to do. Hydrates and evens out skin tone, while looking natural and letting my skin still show through. It doesn't separate or settle into dry spots or crease in any fine lines.

on 2/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

Not the best bb cream I've used took a lot of product to even see it making any difference, bit of an odd colour.

on 7/27/2014 11:28:00 PM

I like this bb cream because of the consistency. The only thing is that the light has almost a grayish tint and medium is orangey so I do wish there was a mix if the 2 colors. The coverage is pretty good but I wouldn't use this as a primer THEN put foundation over that would be too much. Overall a good bb cream and I would purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this on a whim because it was bogo and I.... shoudn't have. Perhaps it's just my skin type or the moisturizers I use but this didn't work for me at all. On my skin it felt like a very thick sunscreen or body butter that would never dry which was weird to me because it had a matte finish. The coverage was more like that of a heavy foundation than a BB cream but it wasn't even. It would cake up in some areas and slide off of others. It also oxidized badly (I bought the lightest shade) and I looked orange after an hour or two and it sank into my pores and separated on my skin (particularly my tzone). It looked horrible and felt horrible. I ended up washing it off after 3 or 4 hours but it was too late. I was starting to break out all over the cheeks and chin which is unusual because I don't have very sensitive skin and my skin itched for a couple of hours after that too. Overall this is the worst attempt at a BB cream I've experienced to date. Save your money and try something else.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I loved the consistency of this BB cream and the coverage was great, but even the light shade was too orange and dark for me, they don't do an extra light shade so can't use this.

on 10/12/2013 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you have read any number of my reviews, you'd realize pretty quickly that I've been obsessed with Asian BB creams in the past couple of years. Ordering them off Ebay and other places online can get a bit tedious for me sometimes, so after recently running out of Skin79 Hot Pink, I went in search of one a bit closer to home. After seeking out some reviews online, I settled on this one, which is very cheap.
I have to say, this turned out to be pretty nice. The cream's texture is on the thick side, not very liquidy, but nowhere near as thick as Asian BB creams. Coverage-wise, it is definitely medium, and it does a nice job of evening out my skintone and covering up the redness. There is a slight sunscreen smell, but it fades upon application. The cream does set extremely quickly though, so you have to be fast with dotting it on your face and blending it in, or it can feel tacky. The finish is pretty smooth, and very matte, which is good for the oily types. On warmer days it does not hold up well, and can feel a touch heavy.
I got the lightest shade, which is a touch dark on me, but it is workable. It (thankfully) does not pull orange on me, which so many other base products have done in the past. However, with only three shades to choose from, I think the selection could be extended to suit more skintones.
All in all, this is very decent product, and I'm looking forward to wearing it more with the cooler weather setting in.

on 7/27/2013 4:01:00 AM

Not buying again. I put this on after my morning moisturizer and it left me feeling greasy all day. It gave a nice even skin tone look, but certainly didn't cover any blemishes. I'm not prone to pimples, but lets just say my jaw line has erupted after use! Its been years since Ive broken out!Also had to reapply later in the day as it didn't seem to last long. It also makes you look like you've fake'n'baked. Definatly has an orange tint to it, hard to blend near hairline or jaw. SPF worked though! Havnt had a burn yet this summer! But buying a new product tomarrow..

on 7/16/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have pretty oily skin, but can wear a lot of BB creams without problems. But this stuff is more like a watery tinted moisturizer. It just slides right off my face after a few hours. I even set it with powder, but it didn't help.

What I love about a lot of BB creams is that they have soft finishes that make your skin look great. This one didn't do that. The color was nice though. It wasn't too orange or pink.

There are better BB creams for your money out there.

on 3/31/2013 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I paid 6 dollars for this at Target, and I think this is a pretty good BB cream, especially for the price. I think, though, I probably will only buy it again in the summer if, by some miracle, I get a little color. It's too dark and dry for my winter skin.

Pros
-Good coverage, especially for dark circles

-Stays on all day

-I don't need powder with it (My skin is on the dry side)

-Inexpensive

-Sensible packaging

-Did not oxidize on my skin

-Helps counteract pinkness and gives me a more neutral look

-My sensitive skin has not (fingers crossed) objected yet

Cons
-Too dark- I have fairly light Irish skin, and I really have to use the light shade sparingly with my fingers and then blend like crazy with a brush. This minimizes the coverage I can get, since I need to do a very, very sheer application to blend with my skintone. Maybe, it will be better in the summer.

-A little too matte (My skin is combo to dry, and I need more dewiness than this allows)

-Tough to blend- Finish is good when you do it right, but I needed some practice. I apply after moisturizer with my fingers and then buff with a brush to get it blended.

on 2/25/2013 12:12:00 AM

This product was my absolute last attempt at trying Beauty balms. I was intrigued by the fact it was mattifying unlike the others. My skins not oily and definitely not dry but it seems to hate any products that are moisturizing. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this product. These are my opinions after using this product
Pros
-good coverage
-evened out skin tone pretty well
-lasted all day even during a quick workout (did set bb cream with a translucent powder after application)
-did not oxidize
-stayed shine free
-skin did not feel greasy or dry all day
-easy to use packaging
Cons
-does not cover blemishes so cover up still required
-product is very thick
-horrible makeup smell typical to all Rimmel products
-you still have to set with a powder
-limited colour range
I still perfer a full coverage foundation but this will be great for lazy days. Also I noticed that my face looked better at the end of the day then after first applying. Definitely worth a try for oilier skinned girls who don't always wanna be caked with makeup to avoid shine.