Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

2.4

on 11/21/2015 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

On a whim, I purchased this Rimmel product in the Radiance formula, in Light. I have recently discovered Rimmel and have been happy with previous products. This one did not disappoint. I have tried BB creams, the Asian ones, and others; have not really loved any. I would say I love this one but really it is more like a good foundation, and blended well with my fair skin. I thought the radiance formula would be shiny, but it is not; it goes on great and wears all day with a powder over it. It is only 1 fl. oz, but the price is great. Like many of us, I am always on the lookout for the holy grail foundation. This, Maybelline's Dream Mousse liquid foundation, and Mary Kay Timewise, luminous-wear, come really close.

Truly the worst. I really wanted a light coverage BB cream to just even out my skin, and this did nothing at all, there was no difference in my skin. Also, so thick, cakey, and drying that I immediately took it off when I first put it on. My skin felt so awful with that on top! A disappointment.

on 5/28/2014 10:25:00 AM

This is a great BB cream if you are on the oilier-combo side, not dry and you don't have dry patches. I like the high SPF, the light shade is beige not yellowish, so it suits more cool-neutral skin colors. If you are very pale, this will be too dark.
As a summer foundation this looks great. Since I find that high end BB creams also are nothing but tinted moisturizers in my experience I can't say that this is ok only price wise, simply that is good and cheap enough to try.
What I don't like about BB creams is that they all leave that glowy finish that most women want and like and I am not a fan of it at all. I find that this one is less dewy and if your skin is normal in texture it will simply conceal and disappear (as in it does not leave traces or looks visible in the mirror). It is easy to blend in with fingers, as any foundation or tinted cream you must tap it gently to make it blend into the skin easily.

on 8/27/2013 3:46:00 AM

I'm writing this review in hopes that someone else has experienced the same thing as I did with this BB cream. I bought this in Medium shade and wore it twice before I started seeing strange problems with it. First, it is extremely greasy. I thought this was just me since I do have combo skin but it seems it is greasy for a lot of other people too. Second, and this is what got me concerned. I had a little red pimple on my cheek and when I smeared this over, there was red streaks! Like I just smeared blood on my face. I got alarmed because I thought I popped my pimple or something, but I kept rubbing and it blended into my face. I tried it again on my hand and same thing! The beige color suddenly turned bright red like streaks of blood... Now I don't know if this is because of the color matching properties of the BB cream or what, but it is definitely scary!

I bought this in Light hoping it would just give me a tint of color and I ended up with a whole different shade on my face. It was way too dark. I went to remove it and I could just wipe it off with a tissue. It made my face feel heavy, something I avoid because I don't like the caked on makeup feeling. If you want just a light tinted BB cream, avoid this one