Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.5

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I HATE this BB cream. I have tried many bb creams and this is the worst by far. I heard it has really good coverage for a bb cream and its good for dry skin, which is the two things I look for in a bb cream. I picked it up on sale for $10 but usually it's $12 over here in Australia. I have applied it with a beauty blender, hands, brush, buff it of with a puff and very single time it peeled off! I would apply it and then when I put my hands on my face I could feel it peeling off and it would peel of into little balls. It was so blotchy, I got it in light which was a good match but it went all blotchy and orange in some places and then white in others. It was a streaky, peeling, blotchy mess! I tried to set it will all different powders and it would still do the same. I tried different moisturisers and primers underneath but nothing worked. I really tried everything. It did feel thicker then a normal bb cream but I couldn't really tell the coverage on my face because it was blotchy. It has SPF 25 which is really good but I just hate this.
If this worked for you that's good, but it was terrible on me.

on 7/9/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this and it is horrible. It streaked and the shade was horrible and left my face feeling oily. I really just want to throw this in the trash and glad I bought it on sale. But I will give it as an extra in a swap and hopefully someone else might feel differently.

on 9/21/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combination to oily skin & Asian complexion.

Firstly, I found that none of the shades fit me. As it is a fairly pigmented product, it's really noticeable if you don't have the right shade. The Medium shade was too light and the Medium/Dark shade was too dark. This wasn't really a deal breaker for me though as I just ended up buying both shades and mixed them together to come up with the right shade.

I've been using this product every day for a week to give it a chance and, while it did have some positives, overall it unfortunately just wasn't the product for me.

My notes on this product:
- I noticed that instead of hiding/blurring my pores, it actually emphasised them. Never have my pores looked so noticeable. I was better off without it.
- Evens out skin tone well and pretty good coverage for a BB cream. It hides redness well BUT it oxidised on my skin in patches?? So my whole face didn't turn orange but random patches did (particularly on my cheeks), which was really weird and really unflattering... I noticed this tended to happen after about 4 hours of wear.
- Emphasises the dry spots on my face instead of moisturising (particularly around my nose)
- Emphasises lines/creases/wrinkles (particularly my smile lines & under eyes)
- Didn't blend in/sink into my skin straight away. After application, the product kind of just sat on top, looking quite chalky. HOWEVER this did improve after about 2 hours and only then did it give me a nice dewy and smooth finish (but that could've just been my oily skin producing oil and mixing with the product?).
- Didn't apply smoothy either. Tried applying it with a beauty blender, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and with Zoeva Silk Finish, but no matter what tool I used, it ended up streaky and took a lot of work to buff the streaks out to achieve an even application.

Won't be using this again.

Just bought the NYX BB cream and it's 100x better. Better quality and doesn't do any of the negative things I've noted about this Rimmel one. Plus, the Golden shade matched my skin perfectly. Highly recommend that over this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Bought this wanting to try BB cream, so honestly have no other BB cream to compare to. It's a thin, liquidity texture. It actually went on and covered my slight redness well. Didn't leave my huge pores looking HUGER, but it made my face SUPPPERRR oily after about 2 hours. I did use during the summer. So could be why. Also it has an orangish tint to it, I was tanner at the time but it appeared I had a fake tan.

My second try I mixed a little with my foundation Revlon colorstay (which was too light at the time) which made me look less orangish , but it still made me look super greasy. I have combination skin, so I have to stick with matte for the most part. I would recommend it to someone with dry skin, and possibly a fake tan? But I don't think they offer a "Natural" color selection :(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i have the "stay matte" bb cream from rimmel...and i don't know why i don't like it very much ! it's not very soft and dries on the skin really fast ...not very easy to apply and sometimes gives a cackey look...it lasts for hours though and gives the matte look

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

As much as I tried to like this BB cream, it isn't for me. I desperately needed a new BB cream since I had run out of my Garnier BB cream. Since I wanted to try something new, I picked up this BB cream from my local Big W. The colour choices are very limited, however that is expected of most BB cream ranges. What I found about this BB cream colour is how pink toned it is. I have a neutral undertone, so I had to apply very little of this BB cream to avoid my face looking like a pink mess. The coverage and consistency is quite nice for a BB cream, however the colour of the cream stopped me from building coverage on my face. Will not be buying this product again!

on 5/30/2013 9:10:00 PM

This is the first bb cream I have purchased considering the fact that I do have blemishes on my skin. With all the hype about the creams and the fact that the weather is getting warmer, I thought I'd give it a shot. The bb cream has a great consistency, and doesn't make my skin too greasy however it is only light/medium coverage. It's really difficult to build this over acne or dark spots. Overall great product, just not enough coverage for me. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who just needs a light face product to even out their skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It gives quite good coverage for my oily to combination skin. I have alot of redness and this seems to cover it. The shades are quite dark, so I'm not sure how great this would be for fair skinned people. I got it in LIGHT, which is just about right for my naturally olive skin. It has a more matte finish than dewy but its not amazing at oily control (not that I was expecting it to be). I wear this when I want to look more natural and want something light on my skin.
It has an almost mousse consistency, and glides on fairly well. Despite it's thick consistency, it does feel light on my skin.
This is probably not the best BB-cream out there, but this gives great coverage, feels light, fairly cheap, and matches my skin well.

on 4/21/2013 3:46:00 PM

I thought this product was okay, not the best but definitely not the worst. I like that it has a matte finish since I have oily combo skin but it dries extremely quickly so you have to really work fast to blend it in well before it dries to a matte finish which is slightly difficult. Also the lack of color range kind of bothered me but beggers can't be choosers and it was almost 7dollars so I cancan't complain. Like most companies it doesn't really do everything it claims but it definitely evens out skin tone, mattifies, and blurs imperfections which is pretty much all I need in a bb cream.The coverage is alright not perfect but there are high end bb creams that provide much less coverage.Overall I liked this bb cream and if you can blend quickly or you're a bb cream fanatic(like me) then go for it!

on 2/24/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good coverage, but awful red undertones!!! I got medium/dark & it was wayyyyy too red. Not a fan. Reference MAC NC44. On a final note: I wore it one day without moisturizing first & you could totally see dry patches all over my face. It was not moisturizing at all & I have oily skin, so there's no reason why dry patches should be emphasized!