Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 4/10/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For daily not full cover

I really don't like this product. it's very oily, doesn't blend even and you have wait an eternity to it to dry. The light color isn't light, it's a medium beige, i dont recommend for pale people.

I am not a big fan of BB creams (even though I have dry skin and normally BB creams should be a godsend for my skin type), however, this little guy by Rimmel is quite a nice one.

I think despite its somewhat limited colour selection, it is a very lovely light coverage tint to use on a daily basis (that is if you find your match). It works incredibly well on a normal to dry skin types; if you are a bit more oily I am not very sure that you will like it.

The coverage you get is quite even, the product never looks blotchy and even when it fades away after some hours, it does it gracefully and never "separates" on the skin. You can read more about application and wear aspects in a separate review here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/06/Testing-Rimmel-9-In-1-BB-Cream ). Overall, for those of you on a budget and with a fair skin tone (because that's the only shade available) it is a good BB option. Great for make-up beginners or busy ladies with no time for a fancy make-up routine.

I actually don't like that this cream has such medium coverage. I use bb cream instead of foundation because I hate the "make-upy" feel/look. It's really pigmented, so the fair shade almost made me look ghostly/chalky. It also gave my face that gross, greasy feeling. I guess it's not a total loss, because I got it for $6...but it's just not what I'm looking for in a BB cream.

on 9/21/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combination to oily skin & Asian complexion (Filipina).

Firstly, I found that none of the shades fit me. As it is a fairly pigmented product, it's really noticeable if you don't have the right shade. The Medium shade was too light and the Medium/Dark shade was too dark. This wasn't really a deal breaker for me though as I just ended up buying both shades and mixed them together to come up with the right shade.

I've been using this product every day for a week to give it a chance and, while it did have some positives, overall it unfortunately just wasn't the product for me.

My notes on this product:
- I noticed that instead of hiding/blurring my pores, it actually emphasised them. Never have my pores looked so noticeable. I was better off without it.
- Evens out skin tone well and pretty good coverage for a BB cream. It hides redness well BUT it oxidised on my skin in patches?? So my whole face didn't turn orange but random patches did (particularly on my cheeks), which was really weird and really unflattering... I noticed this tended to happen after about 4 hours of wear.
- Emphasises the dry spots on my face instead of moisturising (particularly around my nose)
- Emphasises lines/creases/wrinkles (particularly my smile lines & under eyes)
- Didn't blend in/sink into my skin straight away. After application, the product kind of just sat on top, looking quite chalky. HOWEVER this did improve after about 2 hours and only then did it give me a nice dewy and smooth finish (but that could've just been my oily skin producing oil and mixing with the product?).
- Didn't apply smoothy either. Tried applying it with a beauty blender, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and with Zoeva Silk Finish, but no matter what tool I used, it ended up streaky and took a lot of work to buff the streaks out to achieve an even application.

Won't be using this again.

Just bought the NYX BB cream and it's 100x better. Better quality and doesn't do any of the negative things I've noted about this Rimmel one. Plus, the Golden shade matched my skin perfectly. Highly recommend that over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry to normal skin depending on the time of year. I used this BB cream during the summer months. I used the shade in light/medium. I have been using SuperGoop CC cream which applies and blends like a dream. This BB cream just sits on top of the skin. NO matter how much I buff it in or bounce my Beauty blender this stuff doesnt melt into my skin. It just sits on top looking like crap. I gave it many chances and it does the same thing over and over . In the trash it goes. I think it was like $6 for 1 oz at Walgreens. I'd rather fork out my $32 for my SuperGoop thanks.

Feels nice on skin however doesn't apply smoothly even with my more expensive brushes. I would recommend NYX BB Beauty Balm instead. Although it is a bit more expensive, it is a lot better

on 7/10/2016 5:22:00 PM

this product has good coverage for a BB cream (much better than the maybelline one). however it was VERY difficult to apply/blend, and I tried with a beauty blender and with just using my hands. It was extremely patchy, clung to certain areas of my face and made my finishing powder settle into my face horribly. Would NOT ever buy again or recommend to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Usage: I use this BB cream every school day. I am more likely to wear Rimmel's Matte BB Cream on weekends (to parties, dinners, etc), when I am more concerned with having a shiny face.

Shade: Surprisingly, the 'medium/dark' shade suits my (lighter) Indian skin tone well, and looks quite natural.

Coverage: I'd say that the BB Cream provides me with a light/medium coverage, and the SPF is perfect for day-to-day wear. I have quite clear skin, so am unsure of how it would cover acne/pimples, however it counters my uneven skin tone and hides my light patches.

Application: I apply with a regular foundation brush, and it takes a decent amount of blending for a natural look, however it is very achievable.

Price/Repurchase: I have bought more of these than I can count, and will definitely do so again.

on 6/12/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you're looking for a drugstore BB cream that actually has decent coverage, this is a great one to try out. I would say the coverage is like a medium coverage in a foundation, whereas most BB creams are sheer-to-light in coverage.

I have light skin with pink/neutral undertones and choose the light shade. It's very slightly too dark and more on the yellowish side, but I can get away with it. The finish is satin -- not matte, but not shiny either. It has a really nice fragrance which dissipates quickly. It's creamy and blends very easily.

I have oily/combo skin and it held up well throughout the day and didn't make my face oilier than usual, but I haven't tried it out on a humid, hot day yet.

Note: If the light shade in this formulation is too dark for you, don't bother trying the Matte or Radiant versions -- their light shades are even a little darker.