Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.1

on 7/10/2016 5:22:00 PM

this product has good coverage for a BB cream (much better than the maybelline one). however it was VERY difficult to apply/blend, and I tried with a beauty blender and with just using my hands. It was extremely patchy, clung to certain areas of my face and made my finishing powder settle into my face horribly. Would NOT ever buy again or recommend to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Usage: I use this BB cream every school day. I am more likely to wear Rimmel's Matte BB Cream on weekends (to parties, dinners, etc), when I am more concerned with having a shiny face.

Shade: Surprisingly, the 'medium/dark' shade suits my (lighter) Indian skin tone well, and looks quite natural.

Coverage: I'd say that the BB Cream provides me with a light/medium coverage, and the SPF is perfect for day-to-day wear. I have quite clear skin, so am unsure of how it would cover acne/pimples, however it counters my uneven skin tone and hides my light patches.

Application: I apply with a regular foundation brush, and it takes a decent amount of blending for a natural look, however it is very achievable.

Price/Repurchase: I have bought more of these than I can count, and will definitely do so again.

To Read all 294 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/12/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you're looking for a drugstore BB cream that actually has decent coverage, this is a great one to try out. I would say the coverage is like a medium coverage in a foundation, whereas most BB creams are sheer-to-light in coverage.

I have light skin with pink/neutral undertones and choose the light shade. It's very slightly too dark and more on the yellowish side, but I can get away with it. The finish is satin -- not matte, but not shiny either. It has a really nice fragrance which dissipates quickly. It's creamy and blends very easily.

I have oily/combo skin and it held up well throughout the day and didn't make my face oilier than usual, but I haven't tried it out on a humid, hot day yet.

Note: If the light shade in this formulation is too dark for you, don't bother trying the Matte or Radiant versions -- their light shades are even a little darker.

on 3/15/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is quite possibly the worst product I have ever purchased, ever. Within two hours of application I looked like a sunburnt hot mess disaster - oxidised horribly and eventually turned red on my skin, emphasised dry patches I didn't even know existed and collects into really strange chunks on the skin which are impossible to blend.
This review has a really accurate picture of what I'm trying to describe: http://www.prettygossip.com/2013/01/10/the-worst-drugstore-bb-cream-is/
Save yourself the £6.99.

on 2/29/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was seesawing back and forth between this product and E.L.F Serum Foundation something or other and chose this as I *thought* I read somewhere that it was decent stuff. I must be losing it! After I purchased and gave it a shot, I found that the product itself wasn't particularly hard to apply or particularly thick. The coverage was like my skin but better, it didn't camouflage my freckles (bonus!), but for a medium color I did find it on the lighter side. I did use my favorite tool after all, my fingers. I am classy like that. Beauty blender be damned. I do find that most of the time my hands work better than any brush or blender when it comes to getting just the right touch. Anyway, like other reviews have stated, this product, clings to any dry patches you may have, and this was for the radiant version. I cannot even comprehend what the matte must do. Although in all fairness anyone with dry skin shouldn't be anywhere near a matte product to begin with you are just asking for whatever comes your way with highlighting your flakiness. After patting down with extra moisturizer to hide my dry areas, it lasted the work day and did not oxidize at all. This is far too much work for a BB cream. Going back to DS. Going to try that E.L.F serum that I should have tried in the first place. That *seems* to get some better reviews.

I use this BB cream in Medium and it is an ok match for my summer-tan skin but it is quite an orange based product. It provides light coverage, covering any redness and blemishes, though I would recommend pairing it with concealer. It does not look heavy on the skin. It lasts all day and seems to be sweat/somewhat water resistant. This is a good product for everyday wear, and I find that a little goes a long way. My only dislike is that the consistency is rather watery, so if you use too much it will be hard to work with. Only apply a little and work quickly and you will be fine! However, for me the formula is too hard to work with and the colour is too orange so I would not rebuy.

on 2/22/2016 3:31:00 PM

I love this formula. I use the Radiance one in Light and it's a very good match for my NC20 skin. I've tried other Rimmel BB creams and they are a touch too dark or look more orange on my skin but this one, it's a near perfect match. At first I was worried that the radiance factor might mean it had shimmer or something, but it's natural looking, and on me it does brighten my skin a bit. (I can't say if it has long-term good effects, though, since I use other products, but I figure the brightening claims -- and the SPF -- can't hurt.)

The formula has a tiny bit of scent to it, but I don't find it distracting. It applies smoothly and evenly and it's a bit heavier than your standard face lotion, but you get the pigment and coverage with this. It feels more like foundation than lotion, actually, though it really is a tinted moisturizer.

It does a really good job and making my skin look more evenly complected, and it blurs out flaws really well, too, without feeling heavy. When I set it with powder I get pretty good staying power, too, even on the hottest days when I sweat a lot. I tend to keep a tube of it in my purse in case I need to touch up something, and I rarely need to use it, it works that well for me.

I'm someone who rarely buys a second of anything, but this one, I'm on my third or fourth tube of it. Factor in the price of about $7 (and Rimmel often has coupons in stores) and drugstore sales, it's even better since I usually end up grabbing this for $5 or less.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the MOST DAMAGING bb cream ive ever used! I fell in love with the coverage to be honest, but it breaks me out like crazyyyy ! Pimples and whiteheads everywhere on me face especially the cheeks. Also regarding the tube, the cream spills out as soon as you open it so its a waste of cream. I felt sad because it gives you a very natural coverage and i wanted to use it in my 'no makeup' makeup look because it really do the job.. But not gonna sacrify my skin for that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh, as a bb cream it's okay. Yeah, the shade selection sucks. If Rimmel London also tried to sell for women of color they'd have way more consumers therefore increasing their financial gain. Whatever. I don't care for this as a bob cream, but OH, let me tell ya. This works great as a face primer! I use the too faced born this way foundation which I am obsessed with. Love it, the coverage,the finish, however my skin is more on the oily side so it does not last even two hours without my acne marks showing through and my face looking like an oil slick if I don't blot. So this morning I decided to use this bb as a primer underneath my foundation and wow!! My foundation looked great all day, I think I blotted once but for the entire 13 hours I had my foundation on it didn't settle into my laugh lines or look super oily. The coverage also lasted and it looked pretty much how it looked when I first applied it on that morning. I can vouche! Bb cream? Meh. Face primer? Yes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would've loved this product, except I can't imagine the 3 shades could suit many skin tones at all. The darkest shade, I couldn't imagine would suit most darker-skinned ladies, and the palest shade didn't come close to being pale enough for me. It's too dark for me to wear.

That being said, everything else was good. The $6 price tag was pretty reasonable, as it has a pretty good amount of product. The tube was OK, nothing special. It hasn't broken or leaked yet, so that's good.

It has SPF 25--which is excellent! It's pretty smooth to apply as well--I put it in dots on my face and blend with the Elf small stippling brush. It has pretty good coverage for a BB cream but it doesn't feel too heavy.

Basically, everything was good except for the color, which is keeping me from wearing it. If they made a wider range of shades, than I'd imagine its possible audience would quadruple.