Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.3

on 9/21/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combination to oily skin & Asian complexion.

Firstly, I found that none of the shades fit me. As it is a fairly pigmented product, it's really noticeable if you don't have the right shade. The Medium shade was too light and the Medium/Dark shade was too dark. This wasn't really a deal breaker for me though as I just ended up buying both shades and mixed them together to come up with the right shade.

I've been using this product every day for a week to give it a chance and, while it did have some positives, overall it unfortunately just wasn't the product for me.

My notes on this product:
- I noticed that instead of hiding/blurring my pores, it actually emphasised them. Never have my pores looked so noticeable. I was better off without it.
- Evens out skin tone well and pretty good coverage for a BB cream. It hides redness well BUT it oxidised on my skin in patches?? So my whole face didn't turn orange but random patches did (particularly on my cheeks), which was really weird and really unflattering... I noticed this tended to happen after about 4 hours of wear.
- Emphasises the dry spots on my face instead of moisturising (particularly around my nose)
- Emphasises lines/creases/wrinkles (particularly my smile lines & under eyes)
- Didn't blend in/sink into my skin straight away. After application, the product kind of just sat on top, looking quite chalky. HOWEVER this did improve after about 2 hours and only then did it give me a nice dewy and smooth finish (but that could've just been my oily skin producing oil and mixing with the product?).
- Didn't apply smoothy either. Tried applying it with a beauty blender, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and with Zoeva Silk Finish, but no matter what tool I used, it ended up streaky and took a lot of work to buff the streaks out to achieve an even application.

Won't be using this again.

Just bought the NYX BB cream and it's 100x better. Better quality and doesn't do any of the negative things I've noted about this Rimmel one. Plus, the Golden shade matched my skin perfectly. Highly recommend that over this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Bought this wanting to try BB cream, so honestly have no other BB cream to compare to. It's a thin, liquidity texture. It actually went on and covered my slight redness well. Didn't leave my huge pores looking HUGER, but it made my face SUPPPERRR oily after about 2 hours. I did use during the summer. So could be why. Also it has an orangish tint to it, I was tanner at the time but it appeared I had a fake tan.

My second try I mixed a little with my foundation Revlon colorstay (which was too light at the time) which made me look less orangish , but it still made me look super greasy. I have combination skin, so I have to stick with matte for the most part. I would recommend it to someone with dry skin, and possibly a fake tan? But I don't think they offer a "Natural" color selection :(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i have the "stay matte" bb cream from rimmel...and i don't know why i don't like it very much ! it's not very soft and dries on the skin really fast ...not very easy to apply and sometimes gives a cackey look...it lasts for hours though and gives the matte look

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My skin got so dry while I was on acne treatment!! And I've been using this bb cream for like 6 months!!! And been lovinggggg ittttt!! It's sooo perfect for normal- dry skin types!!! Everyone was asking me what I use on my face! It's giving a really healthy glow with a nice coverage!!! And it has a SPF!! So u don't have to be late in the mornings!! Moisturize well too!!! But when my skin got back to oily I felt really sad! Cus it's making me so oily!! So girls with oily skin will need to apply powder on top but still ppl ask me what I apply on my face when I wear it!!! And yes I still use it and I love itttt! XD I'll give it 4/5 Cus it's making me oily hehe

on 10/12/2013 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wore this for the first time today, and put it on around 8 a.m. then went to school. I applied 1 layer and with my fingers, then a little bit of powder
Pros:
- SPF 25; smells like spf
- very good coverage; covered my redness and uneven skin tone
- very moisturizing, but good for oily skin
- long lasting; I never felt oily throughout the day like I usually do with foundation
- covered well,but still looked natural

Cons:
NONE!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this BB cream! It's thicker than others that I've tried so it actually gives a nice coverage. I mean it doesn't completely cover everything but it definitely evens out your skin. It also feels light on your face. Best drug store BB cream in my opinion.

on 2/24/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good coverage, but awful red undertones!!! I got medium/dark & it was wayyyyy too red. Not a fan. Reference MAC NC44. On a final note: I wore it one day without moisturizing first & you could totally see dry patches all over my face. It was not moisturizing at all & I have oily skin, so there's no reason why dry patches should be emphasized!

on 2/6/2013 9:48:00 PM

This BB cram is very nice on my face, i dont like to wear heavey makeup at work so i tried this BB cram and found it works very well. I just use my fingers to apply and that works pretty well for me. It has nice coverage and hids the dark spots under my eyes.