Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

2.9

on 4/10/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For daily not full cover

on 9/21/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combination to oily skin & Asian complexion.

Firstly, I found that none of the shades fit me. As it is a fairly pigmented product, it's really noticeable if you don't have the right shade. The Medium shade was too light and the Medium/Dark shade was too dark. This wasn't really a deal breaker for me though as I just ended up buying both shades and mixed them together to come up with the right shade.

I've been using this product every day for a week to give it a chance and, while it did have some positives, overall it unfortunately just wasn't the product for me.

My notes on this product:
- I noticed that instead of hiding/blurring my pores, it actually emphasised them. Never have my pores looked so noticeable. I was better off without it.
- Evens out skin tone well and pretty good coverage for a BB cream. It hides redness well BUT it oxidised on my skin in patches?? So my whole face didn't turn orange but random patches did (particularly on my cheeks), which was really weird and really unflattering... I noticed this tended to happen after about 4 hours of wear.
- Emphasises the dry spots on my face instead of moisturising (particularly around my nose)
- Emphasises lines/creases/wrinkles (particularly my smile lines & under eyes)
- Didn't blend in/sink into my skin straight away. After application, the product kind of just sat on top, looking quite chalky. HOWEVER this did improve after about 2 hours and only then did it give me a nice dewy and smooth finish (but that could've just been my oily skin producing oil and mixing with the product?).
- Didn't apply smoothy either. Tried applying it with a beauty blender, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and with Zoeva Silk Finish, but no matter what tool I used, it ended up streaky and took a lot of work to buff the streaks out to achieve an even application.

Won't be using this again.

Just bought the NYX BB cream and it's 100x better. Better quality and doesn't do any of the negative things I've noted about this Rimmel one. Plus, the Golden shade matched my skin perfectly. Highly recommend that over this.

Feels nice on skin however doesn't apply smoothly even with my more expensive brushes. I would recommend NYX BB Beauty Balm instead. Although it is a bit more expensive, it is a lot better

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I use this BB cream in Medium and it is an ok match for my summer-tan skin but it is quite an orange based product. It provides light coverage, covering any redness and blemishes, though I would recommend pairing it with concealer. It does not look heavy on the skin. It lasts all day and seems to be sweat/somewhat water resistant. This is a good product for everyday wear, and I find that a little goes a long way. My only dislike is that the consistency is rather watery, so if you use too much it will be hard to work with. Only apply a little and work quickly and you will be fine! However, for me the formula is too hard to work with and the colour is too orange so I would not rebuy.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the MOST DAMAGING bb cream ive ever used! I fell in love with the coverage to be honest, but it breaks me out like crazyyyy ! Pimples and whiteheads everywhere on me face especially the cheeks. Also regarding the tube, the cream spills out as soon as you open it so its a waste of cream. I felt sad because it gives you a very natural coverage and i wanted to use it in my 'no makeup' makeup look because it really do the job.. But not gonna sacrify my skin for that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh, as a bb cream it's okay. Yeah, the shade selection sucks. If Rimmel London also tried to sell for women of color they'd have way more consumers therefore increasing their financial gain. Whatever. I don't care for this as a bob cream, but OH, let me tell ya. This works great as a face primer! I use the too faced born this way foundation which I am obsessed with. Love it, the coverage,the finish, however my skin is more on the oily side so it does not last even two hours without my acne marks showing through and my face looking like an oil slick if I don't blot. So this morning I decided to use this bb as a primer underneath my foundation and wow!! My foundation looked great all day, I think I blotted once but for the entire 13 hours I had my foundation on it didn't settle into my laugh lines or look super oily. The coverage also lasted and it looked pretty much how it looked when I first applied it on that morning. I can vouche! Bb cream? Meh. Face primer? Yes!

Let me preface this: I am on the paler side. I have to buy the lightest shade of makeup for everything. That said, the lightest shade of this product was quite obviously too dark the second I put it on by at least two to three shades, and had an extremely orange tint to it regardless of how lightly I used it. Long story short: don't buy the product if you're very pale and don't spray tan. That wouldn't be a problem for people with skin tones which are darker than mine, but the product is also rather thick and difficult to blend, and it winds up looking caked on very easily. It also remains sticky for a significant amount of time after applying, even with setting powder.

on 11/27/2015 11:35:00 AM

The lightest shade was orange on my skin and didn't blend well. This made my face extremely oily. Nothing good to say about this product, would not recommend for fair or oily skin.

on 11/23/2015 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it and absolutely will buy it again..the color matches me well ..no cakey but definitely didn't control my shiny face all day ..neither all other matte foundation I've been tried ..however I used it with rimmel stay matte compact powder and had even better result..light to medium coverage and I can build it up but I use it for daily makeup so light coverage is suitable

on 9/14/2015 6:19:00 PM

Makes my skin oily, irritated, looks like it will never dry out after applying and gives incredibly sheer cover. Breaks me out usually the day after I use it.
The lightest shade is at least 3 typical shades too dark.
Bought it as my first BB cream ever, it sort of put me off the whole idea of BB creams for a long long time.
Incredibly cheap, sometimes I have to use it as a backup plan, so I guess it was useful from time to time. A lot of people use it, but it's usually people who, no offence, grab the first thing from the drugstore. There's so many other products that wouldn't have any of these issues for similar price.