Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment
Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Dipropylene Glycol, Squalane, Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Tocotrienols, Isohexadecane, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycosphingolipids, Hordeum Vulgare Extract, Dimethiconol, Adenosine, Phospholipids, Polysorbate 80, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Beta-Glucan, Glycosaminoglycans, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Hydrating. I use this every morning and my under eyes look brighter and firmer. Only complaint is the packaging - a squeeze tube would have been more hygienic.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Recommended to me by another MUA reviewer (mariella99) and what a lovely eye cream it is! I like this as much as (if not more) than my other favorite, Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme. When I first applied this eye cream I wondered if there was shimmer in it because it immediately brightened my under eyes. But upon closer inspection I did not see any shimmer or glitter, just a brightness that made me look very awake and healthy. Like Olehenriksen, tarte does a fantastic job of producing a rich,moisturizing eye cream that doesn’t feel greasy on the skin. It feels nourishing and for someone with mature dry skin, I appreciate the mild plumping effect it gives me. It’s hard to find an under eye cream that isn’t hell bent on de-puffing when you suffer from hollows under the eyes from depleted collagen production as you get older.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS EYE CREAM IS THICK AND CREAMY,IT DOES NOT STING UNDER EYES,BUT IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE MY UNDER EYE LOOK LIKE IT HAD DEEP LINES,IT SOFTENS THE UNDEREYE TO A POINT WHERE IT MAKES THE SKIN SOFT AND SAGGY,KIND OF PUFFY,I DEFINETLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE WITH BAGS UNDER THERE EYES,I PREFER CREAM THAT SOFTENS LINES NOT PLUMPS THEM OUT.

on 10/14/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve been trying eye creams for years. Never have I found a HG product that performed miracles, but I found several products that worked with my concealers. However Age has provided me with a new necessity in an eye cream. I need an eye cream that can keep my concealers from caking in my wrinkles. My wrinkles have gotten so bad that concealers just crack in them no matter what brand I’ve used. Hence operation find a new eye cream. I realized I needed a thicker eye cream. The gels and serums were too thin. I stumbled on this and it’s fantastic. I can’t live without it, my eye concealers look normal again. I can’t say I noticed any brightening or help with wrinkles or circles but it’s just a nice emollient under eye cream. My other new fave is the it cosmetics eye cream. If u have wrinkles and need help with concealer, I highly recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for years and I really love it. the reason I decided to leave a review now is because I keep coming back to this product no matter what other sample I receive or other product I try. I have dry, sensitive skin, and many eye creams have burned or make me teary. this one is perfect though. its the right amount hydration to fix the crepeyness under my eyes, but not enough to be shiny and not absorb. other eye creams ive tried somehow have made my eye area drier, or they just sit there and do nothing. this one soaks in and provides long term hydration. oh, and no scent! I cant fathom scented eye creams, ugh. I cant speak to its effect on dark circles, I don't have a problem with that, but for fine lines it works far better than others Ive tried.

as for price, I think its worth every penny. I would consider $38 a mid-level price as decent eye creams go. I recently tried a sample of a $99 eye cream that wasn't even close to this, I was shocked at how drying it was. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a rich, moisturizing eye cream for fine lines

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Works amazingly well. It firms the skin in the eye area, and removes dark circles. Usually I don't like my eye creams after 2 weeks but this one I have loved for over a month and have plans to repurchase. It appears to be a thick cream but it absorbs so well into the skin that this is a non issue.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be one of my favorite eye creams! They sold a vibrating tool that helped the eye cream sink in which was also great. I went through many jars and finished my last jar in December 2015. I tried a different brand and was not impressed so when that ran out I just bought another jar of this Tarte eye cream a few days ago. I used it twice and the area surrounding both eyes burns, stings and itches badly. Both eyes got extremely puffy and red underneath and it looks like I was punched! I honestly don't know what happened as I used this before. I did not change anything else in my beauty or eating routine to account for the issue. I returned it to the store and searched to see if anything in the formula has changed but I haven't seen anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Got this with the marajuca oil on black Friday and it is an ok cream. It does help brighten my under eye area but I don't think it is a miracle product. I wouldn't purchase full size due to the cost. I'm not entirely convinced it's worth spending $38.

Packaging on this is a small jar and I personally don't like that. It gets exposed to air everytime you use it. You could use a small spatula to take out the product as opposed to using your fingers, but I would rather have a tube or pump bottle. I know with their marajuca oil they package it in a purple bottle to preserve ingredients, so maybe that's why it's in the purple jar?

I haven't noticed a scent with this. It's thick and creamy and does absorb nicely. Non greasy. I really do like tarte and their awesome ingredients. I gave it a 3 because of price and it doesn't really help with little lines around your eyes. I notice I get those when I'm dehydrated.

I use the oil around my eyes and the next day my whole area looks vibrant hydrated and plump. The oil is better imo.

I will use this product till its gone but I probably won't purchase full size. I am glad I was able to try it though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this as an eye cream, though I am not sure it does anything other than provide light moisture and reduce dark circles. I haven't noticed any changes in skin texture, but I have noticed a big change in the dark circles under my eye. I have actually changed my under eye concealer because I no longer need such heavy coverage, which is a win for me! It takes a very small amount of product to cover both eyes, and it absorbs almost instantly in comparison to Maracuja Oil by itself. I only apply this in the AM because it seems to make my eyes itchy and puffy while I sleep, but beyond that I have had no sensitivity to this.

I got a travel version for a great deal around Christmas, but looking at the normal size makes me question if I would ever buy it at full price. I'll repurchase but not without some serious sale going on.

Unfortunately though, I have three main complaints about this product- Vitamin C (one of the main lightening ingredients in this) is not stable in cream or liquid form, so air exposure will turn it bad and ineffective within a few months. If there is enough Vitamin C to be effective (my skin seems to think so) then this should be advertised with a warning to use sunblock! I regularly use C serums and you should never apply it and go outside without sunblock on. The jar itself is pretty, but I worry about dropping it with slippery hands and it allows the product to be totally exposed to air. Since the jar I got was smaller in size, I think I can use it all before it goes bad- but a regular size jar would definitely "turn" before I finished it. Those issues coupled with the high cost force me to give it a lower rating than I normally would for such a nice product.

Bottom line is that this product does work, but I'd only try it if you have serious dark circles/know vitamin C works for you. It's a great product for that, but people looking for reduction in fine lines might want to look elsewhere.

on 1/7/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a Tarte holiday set, and since it was the last one, I just HAD to buy it. The eye cream was something that gravitated me to get it because I saw good reviews on it prior to purchasing it. So, firstly, it is quite hydrating. Plumps up your under eye, hydrates and it feels really nice on the skin. So there's that. Secondly, the claim that it can brighten your dark under eye. I did notice a bit of brightening the first week using it. But for some reason, it stopped after a while ? I just don't get that effect anymore for some reason. Thirdly, the jar thing that people complain about; I don't get. If you don't have a spatula, just use super clean fingers to get the product. So no problem for me there. Lastly, for the price, I think you could probably do better than this. Would not repurchase because it doesn't brighten my dark circles.