Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Dipropylene Glycol, Squalane, Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Tocotrienols, Isohexadecane, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycosphingolipids, Hordeum Vulgare Extract, Dimethiconol, Adenosine, Phospholipids, Polysorbate 80, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Beta-Glucan, Glycosaminoglycans, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be one of my favorite eye creams! They sold a vibrating tool that helped the eye cream sink in which was also great. I went through many jars and finished my last jar in December 2015. I tried a different brand and was not impressed so when that ran out I just bought another jar of this Tarte eye cream a few days ago. I used it twice and the area surrounding both eyes burns, stings and itches badly. Both eyes got extremely puffy and red underneath and it looks like I was punched! I honestly don't know what happened as I used this before. I did not change anything else in my beauty or eating routine to account for the issue. I returned it to the store and searched to see if anything in the formula has changed but I haven't seen anything.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this with the marajuca oil on black Friday and it is an ok cream. It does help brighten my under eye area but I don't think it is a miracle product. I wouldn't purchase full size due to the cost. I'm not entirely convinced it's worth spending $38.

Packaging on this is a small jar and I personally don't like that. It gets exposed to air everytime you use it. You could use a small spatula to take out the product as opposed to using your fingers, but I would rather have a tube or pump bottle. I know with their marajuca oil they package it in a purple bottle to preserve ingredients, so maybe that's why it's in the purple jar?

I haven't noticed a scent with this. It's thick and creamy and does absorb nicely. Non greasy. I really do like tarte and their awesome ingredients. I gave it a 3 because of price and it doesn't really help with little lines around your eyes. I notice I get those when I'm dehydrated.

I use the oil around my eyes and the next day my whole area looks vibrant hydrated and plump. The oil is better imo.

I will use this product till its gone but I probably won't purchase full size. I am glad I was able to try it though.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/7/2016 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a Tarte holiday set, and since it was the last one, I just HAD to buy it. The eye cream was something that gravitated me to get it because I saw good reviews on it prior to purchasing it. So, firstly, it is quite hydrating. Plumps up your under eye, hydrates and it feels really nice on the skin. So there's that. Secondly, the claim that it can brighten your dark under eye. I did notice a bit of brightening the first week using it. But for some reason, it stopped after a while ? I just don't get that effect anymore for some reason. Thirdly, the jar thing that people complain about; I don't get. If you don't have a spatula, just use super clean fingers to get the product. So no problem for me there. Lastly, for the price, I think you could probably do better than this. Would not repurchase because it doesn't brighten my dark circles.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this as an eye cream, though I am not sure it does anything other than provide light moisture and reduce dark circles. I haven't noticed any changes in skin texture, but I have noticed a big change in the dark circles under my eye. I have actually changed my under eye concealer because I no longer need such heavy coverage, which is a win for me! It takes a very small amount of product to cover both eyes, and it absorbs almost instantly in comparison to Maracuja Oil by itself. I only apply this in the AM because it seems to make my eyes itchy and puffy while I sleep, but beyond that I have had no sensitivity to this.

I got a travel version for a great deal around Christmas, but looking at the normal size makes me question if I would ever buy it at full price. I'll repurchase but not without some serious sale going on.

Unfortunately though, I have three main complaints about this product- Vitamin C (one of the main lightening ingredients in this) is not stable in cream or liquid form, so air exposure will turn it bad and ineffective within a few months. If there is enough Vitamin C to be effective (my skin seems to think so) then this should be advertised with a warning to use sunblock! I regularly use C serums and you should never apply it and go outside without sunblock on. The jar itself is pretty, but I worry about dropping it with slippery hands and it allows the product to be totally exposed to air. Since the jar I got was smaller in size, I think I can use it all before it goes bad- but a regular size jar would definitely "turn" before I finished it. Those issues coupled with the high cost force me to give it a lower rating than I normally would for such a nice product.

Bottom line is that this product does work, but I'd only try it if you have serious dark circles/know vitamin C works for you. It's a great product for that, but people looking for reduction in fine lines might want to look elsewhere.

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love this stuff. I am on my fifth time purchasing this. It makes my under eyes so soft, supple and moisturized. I do think it also brightens a bit but I would't say that is it's strong suit. The packaging is like any other eye cream: it's in a little glass jar that seems pretty sturdy. It tends to last me about 2-3 months using night and day. My only complaint is the price. A little does go a long way. But the price for the small amount you get is a lot. I continue to purchase because it works. I try to stock up when there is a sale. Overall I will keep purchasing but will also keep saying the price is slightly outrageous. But it does perform so you get what you pay for. It is my HG.

on 6/22/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample size lasted a while. I don't like jar packaging because of my nails. This isn't so thick that they can't put in a tube. Otherwise, very moisturizing although I didn't notice any brightening effects. I wouldn't buy full size due to cost.

on 6/17/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this for a daytime eye cream. I just use a little dab and let it sink in while I do a few other things to get ready. I've had no problems with milia or anything else. It soaks in quickly and leaves the undereye area nicely moisturized. I got my jar a year or so ago when Ulta had a discount and I could get it cheaper - but I don't think it's expensive at full price either. :) The jar seems to last forever, at least for me, and I'm just not as freaked out by jar packaging as a lot of people are - just use clean fingers and you'll be fine, for heaven's sake! It's just a nice moisturizing eye cream at a reasonable price that's readily available to me so I will continue to use it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you're prone to milia, stay far, far away from this cream! Although the texture and moisturizing properties were quite nice and it didn't seem to irritate my somewhat sensitive eyes. However, within a week of beginning use of this eye cream, I had several large milia appear. Discontinued use immediately and have been working to get rid of the milia with Paula's Choice BHA9. The PC BHA9 has been fairly effective in reducing/eliminating the milia, but what a lot to go through just to try a new cream.

on 6/3/2015 3:37:00 AM

Worst! It gave me a really big milia and it just looked so ugly. It's so expensive and not worth it all.

on 4/27/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It feels lovely to use and the texture is divine, but I'm not really seeing any lasting benefit since starting nightly use of this cream over 4 months ago. After dabbing a few drops around the eye area it's moisturised without being greasy, and very, very slightly brighter. But by morning all of those effects have dissipated. Mica is a temporary, superficial brightener; it's great in shimmery eyeshadow and powders to add lustre but it's hardly a nourishing skin food.

The packaging is certainly beautiful but not sanitary, and jar style is not ideal for housing unstable ingredients like vitamin C and a few other antioxidants that are compromised by air exposure and bacteria from fingers.

I should point out my eyelids are not oily, and only occasionally prone to dryness after using the more heavy duty primers (such as urban decay or too faced), so take that into account. Formerly I just spread a bit of retinol serum around the eye area and experienced longer lasting results that include anti-aging benefits, so I'll stick with that in future instead of repurchasing this eye cream. Since swapping away from the retinol to tarte, my fine under-eye wrinkles have come back in force. I don't think this product is to blame, but rather the retinol did a much better job at smoothing out the delicate eye area and making my skin tone more uniform.