Wet 'n' Wild Mega last lipstick in cherry picking (965)

Wet 'n' Wild Mega last lipstick in cherry picking (965)

4.6

on 8/28/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Cherry Picking is a beautiful intense pinkish/rosy red with a matte finish.

It applies best if you put it on over a bit of balm, though that will compromise the wear slightly.

At least on NW15 brunette me, Cherry Picking isn't a true red; I wear it when I want a very vibrant rose pink.

Cherry Picking wears well and is very flattering. As another reviewer mentioned, the packaging is weak, but for a color like this, from a cruelty-free company, for next to nothing, I can overlook cheap packaging.

I'd definitely buy this again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Cherry Picking is a bright pink-red satin finish lipstick. It feels nice on the lips, and not dry at all. The packaging is kind of crappy, as it is impossible to keep the lipstick from getting all over the inside of the clear cap, but since it is cheap in terms of price, I don't mind too much. I am very pale, and this is a flattering, fun, not-too-bright color that brightens up my face and lasts very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The name for this lipstick is perfect because this formula really lasts for hours! I love this berry-red shade because it is bright and wears quite nicely. It doesn't completely set like a liquid lipstick would, so you can kiss it off or wind up with a bit on your coffee cup. Small price to pay in my onion since it's such a great formula and color. I have green eyes and olive skin, and this shade is particularly flattering. I do think it would suit a wide range of coloring combinations though, so check it out if the shade appeals to you. With the price point, what do you have to lose?

on 5/3/2017 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful bright fuchsia pink lipstick. Very pigmented! Extremely long wearing, lasted 5 hours. Packaging sucks though.

on 3/17/2017 9:48:00 PM

Love this

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review:

Oh my! Oh my oh my! I own many (maybe even most) of the shades in the MegaLast line and I have never-ever seen one wear as long as Cherry Picking does! It made it though me drinking a smoothie with NO straw in a jar (and I really am messy) and lasted HOURS past that! Really amazing wear.

And the color? Magenta-red glamtastic. This definitely wears red on my fair yellow/olive skin, but with strong hot pink/magenta leanings. Very similar in shade to Blush My Lips by Essence (a smidge deeper and redder but it's very slight), but in a better formula (IMO).

The formula is typical ML - thick, creamy, opaque, semi-matte. A bit dry to get on
(especially around the edges) but wears like iron once you do. No creasing, settling, or bleeding. The packaging sucks of course - thems the breaks!

I love it! Possibly the most impressive shade in the whole ML line!

on 11/6/2016 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a gorgeous colour. I love Wet n' Wild's megalast lipstick, and have purchased them in several shades. The pigmentation is extremely good, and though the formula is matte, I don't find it overly drying. Cherry picking (965) is the perfect rich fuchsia / berry pink that really compliments my fair skin.

The perfect cherry-pinky-red. I love this shade, it instantly cheers me up every time I wear it. It's cute and almost has a retro vibe to it. I feel like it makes my teeth look a bit whiter. This is the color I reach for when I want a "fun" red, a bit more pink than your traditional true red, but still looks red on me. Lasts for hours even through eating, and stains my lips a cute fruit punch color.

I honestly can't believe I haven't reviewed any of these Megalast lipsticks yet (at least, I don't think I have) when they are truly my favorite line of lipsticks that I own. I have almost all of the colors (I think there's maybe about 4 I don't have) and I wear them daily. I love the texture, it's creamy but not so creamy that it doesn't last, and it stays put for hours. It's not too drying and I feel that it's very comfortable to wear. Mostly matte finish, but they don't make your lips look parched and chapped.

They are all extremely pigmented and insanely cheap - these things are the best available in the drugstore in my opinion.

on 5/6/2016 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like all of the wet n wild mega lasts this one is similar to mac fusion pink but my favorites are ravin raisin, in the flesh, rosebud and spiked with rum oh and mochlicious. They last all day and the red colors do leave a stain but not the nudes. My least favorite is bare it all it has a pink tone to it which is very light but its a pink nude if you take a selfie wearing it you will see. And one I forgot to mention is just peachy I love that one its like Mac kinda sexy but a bit brighter and better doesn't look as dull as kinda sexy

on 6/24/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is not a MUA's typical review, because one is supposed to personally own the product, and having paid for it. Well, I don't own this lipstick because I'm totally not into these bright pinks, but I couldn't help but notice wonders.

So. Yesterday afternoon I went out shopping for a wedding and was looking for a lipstick slightly different from my usual fire red. So, I took a quick look to the Wet n wild isle, and checked a few products - something cheap that I wouldn't mind to abandon in a drawer once the deed was done. I tried, let's say, five lipsticks on the back of my hand, for swatching and thinking about what to choose after seeing them in the sunlight outside the shop. I paid for some other things I bought, and went out. That was around 5 pm, yesterday.

From that very moment, I visited a bunch of other shops, tried clothes, tried shoes, had an appetizer with friends, visited another shop with my husband, drove car, checked if my tortoise was fine which means looking for her in my muddy garden, cooked a meal for 4 with my hands on steamy water, loaded the dishwasher with no gloves, hand washed a couple of new clothing items, rubbed hands on my face several times, hugged people, took a steamy hot shower, washed hair, dried hair, washed face, went to bed, washed hands about 10 times through the afternoon/evening. Oh, and it was about 30°C outside.

It's 8 am the day after visiting that shop and Cherry Picking's watch is still totally visible and distinguishable on my hand while the others faded (mmm even if I guess I still can see a shade of the colour Coral-lina or something like that). I don't think I need to explain more than this.

3 euros guys. 3 euros. For this price, I can be the most forgiving person ever for the horrible packaging. This isn't clearly something you see everyday. I guess I'll go back and buy it just for the sake of it.

UPDATE:
Guuuurl. What is this wizardry? I've been thinking about this lippie a lot and finally found it (the local WNW shelf isn't often replenished) and bought it. I was expecting a flashy, fuxia colour, but instead it is simply adorable, bold, matte, and extremely longlasting. I switched the repurchase option to "no" to "yes" in this review as I will surely buy it again as soon as I'm done with this one. My only complain is the packaging, which really looks like it's gonna break in a matter of a trip in your purse. Urgh!

UPDATE N.2: Last week I went to dinner with a friend. We had a big ass kebab, like literally the size of my forearm, in all its glorious greasiness and dirty pleasure. We got french fries too. And some beers. And a wine. At some point I noticed she was staring at me and asked "Have you reapplied your lipstick?" and I was like "I'm here chewing like I was starving to death, how could I?" and looked in the pocket mirror: Cherry Picking was still FULLY COLOURED, extremely pigmented, well kept and didn't melt at all. Like I freshly applied it. I was in HEAVEN. 100% most reliable lipstick E V E R.
Sadly I got high and dropped it on the floor and broke it. It's still perfectly usable but I won't carry it around with me anymore. Whatever! As I needed to reapply it!