Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

3.9

Water, Titanium Diioxide, hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acrylates/C10-30 AlkylAcrylaate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan isostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caviar Extract, aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Steric acid, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyapatite, Agar, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Atelocollagen, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Frangrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron oxides (CI 77499).

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm very picky when it comes to BB cream. I need coverage, but I want it to be lightweight. I hate the feeling of having something super thick on my face.

This BB cream gives great coverage and very cool when applied to the face. The jelly-like texture makes it very easy to blend out, though I highly suggest using clean fingers to apply this! Unlike most BB creams that tend to have a dewy finish, this one has a natural matte finish. So my fellow oily skin people, this BB cream could be for you! Admittedly, I did get a little oily in the dreaded t-zone, but I always expect that. However, it wasn't as bad as it normally gets after a few hours and I only had to do a few touch ups throughout the day.

All in all, this BB cream is worth checking out and I highly recommend it for people with combo or oily skin!

A friend brought this back from Korea for me last summer. By this point I've tried a number of BB creams, and I'd been dying to try this one. The shade I got is No.1, Aqua Beige. The texture is very cool, sort of like a watered down mousse. Despite the thin consistency, the coverage is pretty impressive and I find it's quite buildable, and looks good whether you put on a little just to even things out, or put on more for a more polished look. When you put on more, I'd say this BB cream can compete with any of the higher coverage BBs I've tried. A Beauty Blender-type product (I use a dupe) works really well to pat it on.

The packaging is adorable. It comes in a kind of frosted glass, pudding-shaped container, which I was surprised by considering it's an inexpensive product. I'm sorry, I'm not sure how much my friend paid for it but he did tell me it was really cheap. The container is not the most hygienic since it comes with a spatula type applicator wand, so that might be unappealing to some.

Really my only caveat for this product is that if you have dry skin, this one doesn't provide much moisture, and I find when my skin's dry and I wear this, it can look a bit more chalky and foundation-y. I pretty much avoided this BB through the colder months because I find something a bit more dewy and moisturizing is ideal to minimize fine lines or flakiness and to maintain a natural-looking finish. I put this on a hot day like today, though, and remember why I used it religiously before it got cold last year. It's *the* product you want to reach for for a flawless but natural-looking finish. I would repurchase this product to use during the warmer months, and stick to something oilier for the cold months, like Missha Real Complete or e.l.f.'s BB cream.

To Read all 58 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for shade 1 (the lighter one)

Pros: Smells great, lightweight, has SPF, large amount of product
Cons: Hard to spread, has parabens

It is pretty rare to find a BB cream that is as pale as this. It is much lighter than it looks in the bottle or before you blend it in. I have yet to try any Bb creams or foundations that are TOO light for me. I can wear L'oreal True Match Porcelain W1 and Everyday Minerals base in Fair Neutral.
I do find this bb cream to be ever so slightly too yellow on me even though I have warm/neutral undertones in my very pale skin. I cannot use much of it obviously or it will turn too yellow. If my hair is up you can tell much more... My neck is sooooooo pale. I apply the bb to the center of my face and blend outwardly so it is not obvious. I have to apply lightly, so this bottle will last me a very long time. I wish I could use more product though cause it would be easier to spread. It dries so quickly that I have to rub pretty hard to blend it in. I really do not like that. I don't want to cause wrinkles on my face from so much tugging.
I'm hoping since it is a bb cream and supposed to improve skin that it will but I haven't noticed much yet. I have mild to moderate acne and it is still the same so far after using it a few weeks, not worse thankfully. I have a pretty oily t-zone but this stuff stays on just fine. I have to blot my nose a little bit sometimes but that is the norm for me anyway. This stuff is very lightweight. I really can't tell I'm even wearing it. It feels like nothing. Coverage is light (which is what I wanted anyway) especially because in have to apply lightly.
Ultimately, I'll keep using this till it's gone but I'm definitely trying another kind. I plan on trying Missha Real Complete BB cream in shade 13.

on 5/19/2016 4:56:00 AM

I'm in love! I ordered this BB online on a whim, having never bought a Korean face product before. It only cost me £7ish including postage from Seoul, so I wasn't expecting much, but this BB is INCREDIBLE. I have skin that is NC15-20, so I struggle to find a good colour match, and this BB is absolutely perfect. The coverage is medium, but still able to cover my dark acne scars and most of my dark circles, requiring only a small amount of concealer. It smooths over my pores (which whilst not huge are definitely visible) and dries to a satin finish that is neither too shiny or flat and lifeless. It is hands down the best base I have used, and I have tried a lot!

The only things I would say negative about this, is that it does dry very quickly, so you have to work fast in blending it out (I use the Real Techniques expert face brush), and that the packaging is heavy, cumbersome, and use a spatula which some people may not like.

on 5/18/2016 3:54:00 PM

Texture was very liquidy and has a cooling sensation once applied on the face. However, it dries up pretty quickly. You have to work fast with those fingers/beauty blender. It dries up to a rather matte finish which is fine but as expected, at the end of the day when I looked in the mirror, all i see is a cakey face. Have moisturized my face thoroughly before applying it so i doubt it's the insufficient moisture level. Have seen many raves about this product but it just doesn't work well on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG BB cream so far and I'm on my sixth bottle right now.. I have tried Etude Cotton Fit before this BB and I don't really like it. But this Holika is another story.

So I have a super oily acne prone skin with large pores (the worst skin type). At first I was hesitate to try this BB because I read some reviews that said it's not so good for oily skin type. But after I try it by myself, I can say that I LOVE this BB and my skin too!!

I use my beauty blender to apply this BB. The coverage is medium-high and it last for 7 hours on my skin before it starts to fade away. It can covers almost all of my imperfections, except a very red big acne. It reduce the appearance of my pores - not completely, but still a lot. The oil control maybe is not the best, but quite nice. The thing that I love the most from this BB is the finish. It's semi matte, not too matte, but not oily too. It just gives a healthy glow that even people with super oily skin like me will love. My skin looks so healthy and dewy. So many people give me compliments about my skin and ask me what I do to my skin (even some strangers ask me too).

The reason why I only give 4 lipsticks is just because it only has 2 shades that a little bit light for me so I have to use a little bronzer to my face and it gives white cast when you take a picture with flash (but you know, it's because SPF contain in this BB) . But after all, I love this BB cream so much..

I rate this BB cream 2 because this is definitely not be the best BB cream out there, but it is still "okay" only because of its cute packaging.

I have this in Beige color, the jelly texture of the BB cream gives cooling effect on skin for few seconds so it is nice to have around summer time. However, it tends to give me breakouts after everyday usage for around a week or so, so i have to give one or two days of break in between. Though the result ends toward more to the matte finish, my skin will get oily after few hours, so i will have to do a little bit of touch up with blotting paper and matte powder. The bottle itself is heavy; it is made out of glass-like material; mine fell once but did not break. Application by brush is better for me than fingers since the cream dries quickly on skin and i find it rather hard to blend. Not as comedogenic as Etude but still is. Oh and it oxidizes too.

on 10/4/2015 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bb cream is so amazing. Love it love it love it.
It feels super light on your skin, medium coverage, makes your skin looks healthy without being too matte or dewy, perfect for oily skin but yet, not drying at all.
The packaging is super cute but it would be a problem to carry it around since its glass and kinda heavy. I dont carry it around, just have it home all the time so its fine to me tho.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I'm actually one of the few people who absolutely hated this product. I ordered this product in shade #1 after hearing about it from a lot of people and when I started using it I was very disappointed.

First of all it was not my shade (too yellowish for me which I honestly didn't expect), but aside from that I really disliked the way it felt on my skin. Even when putting on a light coat it felt really thick and was very visible/flakey. It accentuated my dry patches even if I put a thick moisturiser or primer underneath it. I tried to apply it with different tools and with my fingers but I always got the same result. I guess it's just not my type of bb cream so I have to keep on looking.

I liked the packaging though, it was very sturdy and just looked adorable but was not very hygienic and inconvenient to travel with.

on 8/13/2015 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

About me
NC17
Combo skin

Pros
Good colour match (for me). I wear shade 2 which would do up to nc20 but would be too light for nc25. I'm quite neutral tones, and it's not overly yellow or greige like some Asian BB creams can be
Goes on really easily leaving a nice light/ medium finish that isn't too glowy like many BB creams, however isn't too matte
Lovely texture. It seems like a runnier version of the now DC'ed Rimmel match perfection gel or a more jelly like version of MUFE F&V
Great longevity and most foundations just seen to disappear on my skin
Great value for money. I paid about 8 and it beats the pants off my Armani foundations

Cons
Limited shade range.
Packaging isn't great. The glass bottle is bulky and the spatula is a faff. A tube would be preferable.

Overall my favourite foundation/ BB cream in a long time.