Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream
Aqua Petit Jelly BB CreamAqua Petit Jelly BB CreamAqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

3.8

Water, Titanium Diioxide, hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acrylates/C10-30 AlkylAcrylaate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan isostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caviar Extract, aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Steric acid, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyapatite, Agar, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Atelocollagen, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Frangrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 7/31/2017 5:25:00 PM

Cute packaging. Little tough towards to the end to get it all out. It wears well for about 10 hours. After that, it breaks down. It stays natural looking and doesn't settle in fine lines. It's got pretty good coverage. I think I'll keep it in the rotation, maybe not my ultimate favorite, but a good option.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Originally I thought this would be my HG. I ordered this because I have super pale skin and found it extremely difficult to find a foundation/bb cream that didn't leave me looking like I rubbed cheeto dust all over my face after 20 minutes of wear. I have combination skin, but my main concern is dryness. I'm currently using the topical acne medication Tazorac, which leaves my face a red, peeling mess. (To be clear I never wore tazorac under my makeup, it's just how my skin always was. I applied a thin film once nightly as instructed by my dermatologist and use an intensely moisturizing serum) Fortunately I have experience using this BB cream before starting Tazorac and can speak to how it would work for a fairly normal, oily complexion as well as a dry, flaky one. Let me start out by saying this is a great product. I am not a fan of fragrance in makeup and this is very fragrant, too much for my liking. However, consistency is awesome, coverage is awesome, and the amount of product you get is awesome. A friend of mine actually tried this out before me and adored it. BEFORE TAZORAC: I wore it and was pleasantly surprised, I found it applied best with (clean) fingers and didn't set as quickly as I'd assumed based on other reviews. There was plenty of time to blend and work with it. I wouldn't recommend using a beauty blender for applying this. It doesn't claim to be good with oil control that I know of, so I can't blame it for this, but I definitely had to carry blotting sheets on me and I'm not terribly oily. Overall, I never had separation and it stayed on all night (unless I accidentally rubbed some off) AFTER TAZORAC: I know it's unlikely the majority of readers are going to be on Tazorac or another topical acne medication similar to it, but I think it's worth including my experience with it for the one person who is and is thinking about ordering it. Don't. This burns and clings to those dry patches unlike any foundation I own, even when exfoliating. This also makes me breakout like crazy and I am constantly wiping off foundation, trying to exfoliate again, and re-applying. It looks cakey and terrible on my skin now. Eventually I got too frustrated and had to remove this from my collection. The product is probably not intended to be used on skin like mine, so I can't blame it. However, it is a disappointment to not be able to use it because of its water base and hydrating properties. Overall, I would give it a shot if you aren't on any topical medications that are very harsh or drying to your skin.

on 6/20/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This just wasn't what I was looking for, though it's not a bad product in it's own right, I was looking for something with a lighter, more dewy coverage. The name "aqua" to me implies a watery texture, but this has a matte coverage more like a foundation than a BB cream.
I would describe my skin color as solidly light to medium and this color was way too light for me, too bad there was no opportunity to swatch beforehand. I was picturing something along the lines of Dr Jart water fuse BB as I prefer a dewy coverage.
The good: cute packaging, and despite being called "Petit" the bottle is fairly large, contains a generous amount of product. Comes with a nice sponge applicator and a hygenic stick inside the lid for sanitary application. Price is good and I'd give it a try if you're looking for medium and above BB coverage and skin tone is fair to light.

on 4/26/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Eh, I'm not a fan. I have oily skin, NC20~, and I got the second shade (Aqua Neutral).

- Wear: It does not control my oils. I get oily after about two hours of wear, and after that, I need to blot and powder every two hours or so.
- Application: It goes on so streaky with a brush, yet so sheer with a sponge. I feel like I can't win. I use a brush and then go over it with a sponge/fingers and it takes forever to blend it properly. It does however have a very nice smell and a cooling effect.
- Shade: I feel like it oxidizes just a bit, but maybe it's my oils that are breaking it apart and changing it. It looks fine initially but almost makes me look tired once I get oily.
- Coverage: Light-medium at best. Does not cover my dark circles and blemishes.

Overall, the packaging is cute and the price is ok, but I wouldn't repurchase and I don't recommend this. For reference, EL Double Wear in 2N1 Desert Beige is my favorite foundation. I wanted something with lighter coverage and cheaper, and I was hoping this could be a good alternative, but it doesn't even come close. It takes me ages to apply this evenly, I need to blot like crazy, and I look awful and tired at the end of the day. If you're looking for a BB cream - I have tried the Garnier BB cream in Light, and while it does break apart after ~4-5 hours, it's looks so much better than this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't tried too many Korean BB creams and I have never tried a jelly type of makeup... It's a little expensive to purchase here in Canada.

It is the strangest texture and the strangest packaging. You get a spatula which you scrape out some weird looking jelly in foundation. I don't like the packaging because I feel like I always take too much product.

It comes with a sponge but I threw it out after my second try at using it. It was smelly and hard and I prefer to use either a brush or my beauty blender.

The coverage of this is amazing. I have pretty acne prone skin but once I smear this on I don't feel like I need to cover my acne with concealer. It sets beautifully and I almost don't need to set it with powder (but I do anyway because I'm paranoid).

It wears beautifully and doesn't make me greasy or dry. The colour selections is horrible, as it comes in two very light shades. I selected the lightest shade which is great in winter but it might be a little light for me in the summer.

If you happen to fit into the abysmal shade selection I would really recommend you try it. It's a beautiful foundation/BB Cream with great coverage and a unique experience.

on 3/6/2017 2:10:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. Let me say that I have normal leaning combo skin that is about NC20. I got the second shade and it's a tad dark, so if I liked the product more I'd try out the lighter shade.

Wear of this is okay, I get some shine in my T-zone but nothing extreme. It doesn't dry out my skin and is a matte finish. My problems seem to arise from the formula. It cannot be layered, or if it can, I have yet to find the trick. Too much and it will turn to little balls/pills on the skin. applies patchy once it layers. I have used a brush and a beauty blender but the result is the same.

One layer is fine but not enough to last throughout the day. Melts off by the 4 hour in my t-zone without powder. I'm not looking for coverage, so the sheer aspect doesn't bother me, but it doesn't seem to play well with my concealers, either.

packaging is adorable but I wonder how one would get the product out when it's almost gone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I believe this is one of the best BB cream I have used thus far. Lately I have been on a BB cream streak, I have tried Klairs, Cleo, Missha and Leoele and so far this has given me an amazing finish and coverage.

I have a dry combination skin. So I don't really rely on the moisturizing properties of this BB cream.

1. Prep - I always prep my skin before using any base makeup. Moisturize and Prime. I'm currently using Nivea Soft and L'Oreal Sublime Sun Silky Sheer SPF 30.

2. Shade - I have an NC 20 -25 skin and shade no. 2 matches me pretty well.

3. Coverage - Light to Medium

4. Application - It is very cooling and I have only used my RT sponge for application and it looks beautiful.

5. Longevity - 8 hours to 10 if you have a primer.

Overall, this is an outstanding BB cream. I will definitely repurchase :)

on 2/12/2017 4:38:00 AM

My first Korean BB cream and truth be told I really don't see the hype. Firstly the undertone, I purchased this in the darker shade and it looks quite yellow and fitting on my skin AT FIRST but as i blend it in it just looks like a pinky sunscreen-y sheen. Secondly, I was especially excited to try this because i heard it was suitable for those with oily skin type, but it makes me oily anyway :/
on the plus side however, the smell and packaging of this is 10/10 and it definitely has buildable coverage, for myself i can only wear a light layer for it to even out my skin tone because any more will make it look like bad sunscreen on my somewhat darker/yellower skin.
I guess this bb cream isnt terrible in hindsight but i really did expect more from something with such good reviews.

on 1/22/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Super! I really love it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm very picky when it comes to BB cream. I need coverage, but I want it to be lightweight. I hate the feeling of having something super thick on my face.

This BB cream gives great coverage and very cool when applied to the face. The jelly-like texture makes it very easy to blend out, though I highly suggest using clean fingers to apply this! Unlike most BB creams that tend to have a dewy finish, this one has a natural matte finish. So my fellow oily skin people, this BB cream could be for you! Admittedly, I did get a little oily in the dreaded t-zone, but I always expect that. However, it wasn't as bad as it normally gets after a few hours and I only had to do a few touch ups throughout the day.

All in all, this BB cream is worth checking out and I highly recommend it for people with combo or oily skin!