Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream
Aqua Petit Jelly BB CreamAqua Petit Jelly BB CreamAqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

3.8

Water, Titanium Diioxide, hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acrylates/C10-30 AlkylAcrylaate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan isostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) Leaf Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caviar Extract, aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Steric acid, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyapatite, Agar, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Atelocollagen, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Frangrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 4/26/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Eh, I'm not a fan. I have oily skin, NC20~, and I got the second shade (Aqua Neutral).

- Wear: It does not control my oils. I get oily after about two hours of wear, and after that, I need to blot and powder every two hours or so.
- Application: It goes on so streaky with a brush, yet so sheer with a sponge. I feel like I can't win. I use a brush and then go over it with a sponge/fingers and it takes forever to blend it properly. It does however have a very nice smell and a cooling effect.
- Shade: I feel like it oxidizes just a bit, but maybe it's my oils that are breaking it apart and changing it. It looks fine initially but almost makes me look tired once I get oily.
- Coverage: Light-medium at best. Does not cover my dark circles and blemishes.

Overall, the packaging is cute and the price is ok, but I wouldn't repurchase and I don't recommend this. For reference, EL Double Wear in 2N1 Desert Beige is my favorite foundation. I wanted something with lighter coverage and cheaper, and I was hoping this could be a good alternative, but it doesn't even come close. It takes me ages to apply this evenly, I need to blot like crazy, and I look awful and tired at the end of the day. If you're looking for a BB cream - I have tried the Garnier BB cream in Light, and while it does break apart after ~4-5 hours, it's looks so much better than this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't tried too many Korean BB creams and I have never tried a jelly type of makeup... It's a little expensive to purchase here in Canada.

It is the strangest texture and the strangest packaging. You get a spatula which you scrape out some weird looking jelly in foundation. I don't like the packaging because I feel like I always take too much product.

It comes with a sponge but I threw it out after my second try at using it. It was smelly and hard and I prefer to use either a brush or my beauty blender.

The coverage of this is amazing. I have pretty acne prone skin but once I smear this on I don't feel like I need to cover my acne with concealer. It sets beautifully and I almost don't need to set it with powder (but I do anyway because I'm paranoid).

It wears beautifully and doesn't make me greasy or dry. The colour selections is horrible, as it comes in two very light shades. I selected the lightest shade which is great in winter but it might be a little light for me in the summer.

If you happen to fit into the abysmal shade selection I would really recommend you try it. It's a beautiful foundation/BB Cream with great coverage and a unique experience.

on 3/6/2017 2:10:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. Let me say that I have normal leaning combo skin that is about NC20. I got the second shade and it's a tad dark, so if I liked the product more I'd try out the lighter shade.

Wear of this is okay, I get some shine in my T-zone but nothing extreme. It doesn't dry out my skin and is a matte finish. My problems seem to arise from the formula. It cannot be layered, or if it can, I have yet to find the trick. Too much and it will turn to little balls/pills on the skin. applies patchy once it layers. I have used a brush and a beauty blender but the result is the same.

One layer is fine but not enough to last throughout the day. Melts off by the 4 hour in my t-zone without powder. I'm not looking for coverage, so the sheer aspect doesn't bother me, but it doesn't seem to play well with my concealers, either.

packaging is adorable but I wonder how one would get the product out when it's almost gone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I believe this is one of the best BB cream I have used thus far. Lately I have been on a BB cream streak, I have tried Klairs, Cleo, Missha and Leoele and so far this has given me an amazing finish and coverage.

I have a dry combination skin. So I don't really rely on the moisturizing properties of this BB cream.

1. Prep - I always prep my skin before using any base makeup. Moisturize and Prime. I'm currently using Nivea Soft and L'Oreal Sublime Sun Silky Sheer SPF 30.

2. Shade - I have an NC 20 -25 skin and shade no. 2 matches me pretty well.

3. Coverage - Light to Medium

4. Application - It is very cooling and I have only used my RT sponge for application and it looks beautiful.

5. Longevity - 8 hours to 10 if you have a primer.

Overall, this is an outstanding BB cream. I will definitely repurchase :)

on 2/12/2017 4:38:00 AM

My first Korean BB cream and truth be told I really don't see the hype. Firstly the undertone, I purchased this in the darker shade and it looks quite yellow and fitting on my skin AT FIRST but as i blend it in it just looks like a pinky sunscreen-y sheen. Secondly, I was especially excited to try this because i heard it was suitable for those with oily skin type, but it makes me oily anyway :/
on the plus side however, the smell and packaging of this is 10/10 and it definitely has buildable coverage, for myself i can only wear a light layer for it to even out my skin tone because any more will make it look like bad sunscreen on my somewhat darker/yellower skin.
I guess this bb cream isnt terrible in hindsight but i really did expect more from something with such good reviews.

on 1/22/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Super! I really love it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm very picky when it comes to BB cream. I need coverage, but I want it to be lightweight. I hate the feeling of having something super thick on my face.

This BB cream gives great coverage and very cool when applied to the face. The jelly-like texture makes it very easy to blend out, though I highly suggest using clean fingers to apply this! Unlike most BB creams that tend to have a dewy finish, this one has a natural matte finish. So my fellow oily skin people, this BB cream could be for you! Admittedly, I did get a little oily in the dreaded t-zone, but I always expect that. However, it wasn't as bad as it normally gets after a few hours and I only had to do a few touch ups throughout the day.

All in all, this BB cream is worth checking out and I highly recommend it for people with combo or oily skin!

A friend brought this back from Korea for me last summer. By this point I've tried a number of BB creams, and I'd been dying to try this one. The shade I got is No.1, Aqua Beige. The texture is very cool, sort of like a watered down mousse. Despite the thin consistency, the coverage is pretty impressive and I find it's quite buildable, and looks good whether you put on a little just to even things out, or put on more for a more polished look. When you put on more, I'd say this BB cream can compete with any of the higher coverage BBs I've tried. A Beauty Blender-type product (I use a dupe) works really well to pat it on.

The packaging is adorable. It comes in a kind of frosted glass, pudding-shaped container, which I was surprised by considering it's an inexpensive product. I'm sorry, I'm not sure how much my friend paid for it but he did tell me it was really cheap. The container is not the most hygienic since it comes with a spatula type applicator wand, so that might be unappealing to some.

Really my only caveat for this product is that if you have dry skin, this one doesn't provide much moisture, and I find when my skin's dry and I wear this, it can look a bit more chalky and foundation-y. I pretty much avoided this BB through the colder months because I find something a bit more dewy and moisturizing is ideal to minimize fine lines or flakiness and to maintain a natural-looking finish. I put this on a hot day like today, though, and remember why I used it religiously before it got cold last year. It's *the* product you want to reach for for a flawless but natural-looking finish. I would repurchase this product to use during the warmer months, and stick to something oilier for the cold months, like Missha Real Complete or e.l.f.'s BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for shade 1 (the lighter one)

Pros: Smells great, lightweight, has SPF, large amount of product
Cons: Hard to spread, has parabens

It is pretty rare to find a BB cream that is as pale as this. It is much lighter than it looks in the bottle or before you blend it in. I have yet to try any Bb creams or foundations that are TOO light for me. I can wear L'oreal True Match Porcelain W1 and Everyday Minerals base in Fair Neutral.
I do find this bb cream to be ever so slightly too yellow on me even though I have warm/neutral undertones in my very pale skin. I cannot use much of it obviously or it will turn too yellow. If my hair is up you can tell much more... My neck is sooooooo pale. I apply the bb to the center of my face and blend outwardly so it is not obvious. I have to apply lightly, so this bottle will last me a very long time. I wish I could use more product though cause it would be easier to spread. It dries so quickly that I have to rub pretty hard to blend it in. I really do not like that. I don't want to cause wrinkles on my face from so much tugging.
I'm hoping since it is a bb cream and supposed to improve skin that it will but I haven't noticed much yet. I have mild to moderate acne and it is still the same so far after using it a few weeks, not worse thankfully. I have a pretty oily t-zone but this stuff stays on just fine. I have to blot my nose a little bit sometimes but that is the norm for me anyway. This stuff is very lightweight. I really can't tell I'm even wearing it. It feels like nothing. Coverage is light (which is what I wanted anyway) especially because in have to apply lightly.
Ultimately, I'll keep using this till it's gone but I'm definitely trying another kind. I plan on trying Missha Real Complete BB cream in shade 13.

on 5/19/2016 4:56:00 AM

I'm in love! I ordered this BB online on a whim, having never bought a Korean face product before. It only cost me £7ish including postage from Seoul, so I wasn't expecting much, but this BB is INCREDIBLE. I have skin that is NC15-20, so I struggle to find a good colour match, and this BB is absolutely perfect. The coverage is medium, but still able to cover my dark acne scars and most of my dark circles, requiring only a small amount of concealer. It smooths over my pores (which whilst not huge are definitely visible) and dries to a satin finish that is neither too shiny or flat and lifeless. It is hands down the best base I have used, and I have tried a lot!

The only things I would say negative about this, is that it does dry very quickly, so you have to work fast in blending it out (I use the Real Techniques expert face brush), and that the packaging is heavy, cumbersome, and use a spatula which some people may not like.