Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.7

Maracuja Oil

on 2/3/2018 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is an okay oil. I have incredibly oily skin but I love using oils in the night during winter because my skin needs extra hydration. This is just okay. I would suggest buying the 100% maracuja oil from Amazon or something instead of this incredibly marked up product. The problem I have is this in incredibly oily. I never realized I thought so until I tried Josie Maran Argan Oil and it seeped right into my skin. I guess this never absorbs for me. Makes skin very soft, though. I would not repurchase but will use up my little bottle.

on 1/21/2018 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Now that I’m in my late 30s, I have been much pickier about my facial oils. I literally feel like I’ve tried them all, but I keep coming back to this one. Even though sometimes my skin gets dry, I still get the occasional breakout (fun, right). This one never causes breakouts and it makes my skin radiant without looking greasy. The packaging is perfect and I hope they continue to sell this product for a long time! I definitely recommend it! 😊

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This smells like castro oil mixed with something. This is much easier to apply on skin than castro oil, but the high price tag! I will use coconut oil mixed with castro oil instead.

It did make the skin soft on my hands and knees, but so does coconut oil.

What I am saying is. If you want cheaper alternative use coconut oil or combo Castro oil. If you want luxury, buy this product.

on 11/15/2017 4:24:00 PM

Unfortunately I am one of the later few women who this did not work for. Tried twice and it made my skin red and itchy and I had three new breakouts. Very unfortunate

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got a small sample size in my ipsy bag, and it works great to just keep my skin normal and smooth.

on 7/25/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but it broke me out. The anti-aging qualities were wonderful. But I had to stop using it after 1 week. I have very oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loved the Boscia Tsubaki beauty oil but this was 50% off for the 21 days of Beauty with Ulta so I figured I'd pick it up as my replacement. It's nothing like the tsubaki oil. The tsubaki is more moisturizing to my dry skin and I wake up with beautiful skin. This one did nothing to make my skin better and for a long time, I wondered if it might be making my skin worse. I started rubbing this oil between my hands and then lightly patting it over my whole face. Now I'm experiencing less breakouts but that could also be the Differin finally working. Just using this up and then trying something cheaper and better.

on 6/3/2017 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using my small bottle I received from my ipsy bag and I loved how it makes my skin feel in the morning. I liked it so much I decided to use it in place of a night cream. Unfortunately the price is ridiculous, 1.7 ounces for a whopping $48! And not only that, it's not 100% pure because it also contains tocopherol, that's probably added as a preservative. Went on Amazon and bought 100% cold pressed, unrefined maracuja oil, 4 ounces for $14 from an indie family owned company. A lot of these companies like tarte are betting on the fact that most consumers will not do their research, read labels and try to get the most bang for their buck. I'd rather get a great deal on a superior product from a family/indie company than give companies like tarte my hard earned money that are not necessarily honest about the overpriced products they are selling.

This is a fantastic oil for moistirization. I like to massage a few drops over my embryolisse moisturizer to give myself a dewy glow. It thins out my foundation and makes my skin look translucent. I'm combo, so I don't wear this under my makeup on days I need it to last and not break down.

on 2/20/2017 12:27:00 PM

I have combo oily skin, and oily skin usually coincides with larger pores (and we all know it's the "t zone" area). I used some points on ipsy for it, figuring it'd be worth the try and if not, no biggie.

I've only been using this as part of my pretty basic skin routine for about a week now (exfoliate, cleanse, tone, moisturize) and I like it so far. I use it in place of my moisturizer at night and my face isn't grease city when I wake up. Is this what having "normal" skin feels like? I put this on after using Neutrogena Rapid Clear toner (which has salycilic acid in it) and my pores aren't as huge because I'm not producing so much oil, and in turn they aren't as clogged. I definitely recommend this as part of your skin care routine.

Only 4/5 because I haven't used it long enough to see if there are any serious adverse reactions, but I'm excited about this product so far.

That was longwinded, but I hope it helps.