Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.8

Maracuja Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this as part of my Ipsy bag and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. This oil can be used on face, body, and hair. It's truly the best multi-tasking oil I have ever used.

I mostly use this as a serum after cleansing and before moisturizer on my face and neck. It definitely smells like an oil, but it's not overwhelming (like olive oil). It sinks into skin beautifully. This absolutely improves skin texture and softness, but did not reduce scars or acne for me.

This oil works very well on hair that needs a little bit of smoothing and also works beautifully on dry lips. A drop of this mixed into foundation ensures it will apply wonderfully and not cling onto dry patches.

TLDR: This is not a miracle oil, but is a great multi-tasker. I personally think it's a good value considering the myriad possible uses.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like this. Got a small sample deluxe from sephora. Great for an overnight oil for dry skin especially in the cold months. I dont think I"ll rebuy unless its a sephora perk or something. Expensive.

on 12/25/2016 11:49:00 PM

A 1 oz bottle of passion fruit (maracuja) oil in a plastic bottle is $11 or $13.50 for 1 oz in an amber glass bottle with dropper at gardenofwisdom.com and shipping is $3.95. There is also a larger bottle available. This oil is also cold pressed and organic. They are both 100% oil so they are exactly the same quality. Unfortunately with the Tarte Maracuja Oil you are paying for the name and adorable packaging. I would suggest you keep your Tarte bottle and fill it with the other oil so you can trick yourself into accepting this sad truth.

I am unfortunately allergic/sensitive to this oil as it gave me tiny bumps all over my face and felt excessively dry for days after one use. It smells like cooking oil so I added a few drops of lavender essential oil and use it on my hands where it doesn't bother my skin.

on 12/19/2016 3:24:00 PM

So far, I am in love with this product. I am new to the face oil serum-game, this product being my first. My skin is prone to break outs, flaky and dry, ( I use Retinol treatments nightly) but oily at the same time. Lucky me. I found that using this product nightly and sometimes as a base under my makeup does the trick! My skin is still matte-but has a glow all day. So far, this oil does not make my already oil-prone skin greasy, and keeps my moisturized in my dry patches. I am in love.

on 12/19/2016 12:20:00 AM

This stuff is AMAZING. I have a combination of dry & oily skin & I've always been cautious of putting oil on my face... You typically would think that wouldn't end well. But NO ITS GREAT!!! I got it in my ipsy bag about a week ago & thought I'd try it out that day because I was going out to a Christmas partpy (I know, risky) but I thought it made my makeup stick even better!! & I got so many more compliments. & to top it off I put a little on my face before I went to bed (I've done this a few times now) I wake up feeling so confident because my face is redness free & feels healthy & smooth! I can't say anything but positive things about this product. The only negative thing I can prob say is that it's gunna suck when I run out of this sample bottle because the actual one is pretty freaking expensive... ( Maybe I'll try Amazon) ;)

People complain about the smell. I don't like my products to be fragranced. I have sensitive skin and many great products irritate me, just because of the fragrance. Mine smells like sunflower seeds. Feels great on the skin, I love facial oils. I would have to use it longer and consistently to see any results. I like my organic rosehip oil. It's not as expensive as this. Not sure if this is any better.
The packaging is cool, but this is too expensive for me, unless it performs miracles.

I got this in my Ipsy box. I have used oils before, but my skin is so finicky that I was hesitant to use it. I'm glad I did though because I really like it. I have oily skin half the year and before this I would always wake up shiny. But since I started using this my skin is perfect in the morning.

My rating would actually be a 4.5, because it does clog up the tip of my nose, so I avoid putting the oil on that part.

on 10/27/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I hardly ever review products. This oil changed my makeup application. I have dry skin, and this oil makes my makeup go on so much smoother! I use this with studio fix fluid from Mac and a beauty blender. I literally get compliments everyday! Everyone says how so much more natural my makeup looks. Definitely a holy grail product!

on 8/17/2016 11:48:00 AM

Honestly, the price is expensive but if the result is good i dont mind to buy it again. So, i just tried this oil for a week every night now. At first im using 2 to 3 drop but i think its not enough. So currently im using 4 drops every night. So far, my redness and blemishes has calm down and my skin feel supple. No break out so far despite i have an oily combination dry skin.. I really like it..i can see lots of improvement on my skin. I bought a small one and may be last for 2 months i guess.. Will review after 1 month again!!!

on 8/14/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really like this oil. It is lightweight and absorbs well. I use it on my face, including around my eyes. Leaves my skin soft. I've been using this oil for over a year and have had no breakouts from it.