Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.7

Maracuja Oil

on 8/17/2016 11:48:00 AM

Honestly, the price is expensive but if the result is good i dont mind to buy it again. So, i just tried this oil for a week every night now. At first im using 2 to 3 drop but i think its not enough. So currently im using 4 drops every night. So far, my redness and blemishes has calm down and my skin feel supple. No break out so far despite i have an oily combination dry skin.. I really like it..i can see lots of improvement on my skin. I bought a small one and may be last for 2 months i guess.. Will review after 1 month again!!!

on 8/14/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really like this oil. It is lightweight and absorbs well. I use it on my face, including around my eyes. Leaves my skin soft. I've been using this oil for over a year and have had no breakouts from it.

To Read all 158 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I went into this really wanting to love this oil when it was gifted to me. I had fun using this and trying to figure out how best to incorporate it into my routine. I tried it alone as a cleanser/moisturizer for a few days and noticed immediately my skin was too oily, but the breakouts after were too much for me to use every day. I find it works well as a cleanser but it is hard to wash off and takes too long to absorb to apply as a face oil. Sadly, there are better oils for both cleansing and moisturizing with, many at a fraction of the cost of this product. I do like the packaging though, that is worth keeping once it's empty.

Pros: Packaging is very cute, bonus points for natural products, makes skin feel supple, works well as a deep skin cleanser but is hard to rinse off. A little bit goes a very long way.

Cons: Too heavy to leave on skin, can cause breakouts including cysts, feels almost sticky while absorbing. Overall harder to use than other oils.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a very moisturizing oil. It broke me out, but I'm not going to bash it over that because to be honest - most oils do. I couldn't leave it on as a moisturizer without waking up to cystic acne and clogged pores. I then attempted to use it as a make up remover, since oil typically does an amazing job at that. It removed my make up for sure, but the consistency is way too thick for this usage. You might like it for removing mascara. I personally am going to stick to thinner, cheaper oils for cleansing options.

Here is a tip for anyone that is acne-prone like me & can't use this up on the face: apply it to the ends of your hair while damp. It will make brittle ends very shiny & soft.

on 6/14/2016 9:38:00 AM

I'll be honest, my review is based on a few times usage and my first impressions.

background info: oily combo skin, slight sensitive skin user, blemish / acne prone skin type. likes wearing full faced makeup. living in sub tropical conditions, ranging 91.4°F on an average day. hot and humid weather mostly.

i purchased a travel sized version of this as i was intrigued by it. i've never tried using facial oils before so i thought this was be a great option to try out.

pros:
+ packaging, comes with a dropper, easy to control
+ can have multiple functions; so far i've only tried on my hair and my face.
+ not too oily
+ fast absorption
+ does do what it claims
+ does not break me out

cons:
- price
- not sure if i could do this routine in the long run

i have oily combo skin, so i am very skeptical of putting more oil on my face. so my virgin experience of trying this facial oil was applying a few drops on my palm (maybe like 2-3 drops) and then apply on my entire face. this was after toner and moisturizer. and then i went to sleep. at that point of time i had no breakouts, hence i don't put any sort of acne medication before i sleep.

before this addition of the facial oil, my night routine was cleanse > tone > moisturize > acne medication and i go to sleep. all of my skincare products have been tried and tested and do not break me out so its a good test for me. before the addition of the facial oil step, whenever i wake up the next morning my face will be slightly oily, especially around my nose area. i'm not sure why but i am guessing my skin is a bit too dry around the nose area which leads to the extra production of oil.

so i was actually quite surprised that after i applied the facial oil that night, i woke up the next morning with absolutely NO oily skin at all!!!!!!!!!! i swear. my face looked healthy and plumped. to me i felt like it returned to the normal skin type category. i was amazed, i swear. this has never happened to me before.

mind you, you do not need to apply too much of this oil. one thin layer will do the trick. it does wonders.

i also woke up in the morning with no breakouts. absolutely clear skin.

i tried applying a few drops on my hair after shampooing but i didn't really like the finish. i read from several sources that you can use it on your cuticles, hair etc etc but i would prefer this more of a skincare thing.

i tried adding a few drops in my foundation routine as some of my foundations are quite matte and i wanted it to look more dewy. but i didn't think it'd did much. in fact some parts of the foundation separated. i am not extremely well versed in this so i am suspecting that this oil will only do well in certain foundations which are oil based (?) / water based (?). pls pm or correct me if i am wrong as i am genuinely interested but i haven't found the right technique yet.

overall i would give it a 2.5/5. i gave this number because even though i think its a great addition to skincare routine i'm not sure if i can keep up with this routine in the long run. after all, i am not quite comfortable with putting oil on my face. that doesn't imply that the product is bad, because i do see the results.

the price was $20, which i paid for a travel sized. i haven't used it up yet. i don't know if i can ever use up, lol. i think it's pricey, but if you would like to give it a try you can invest in this.

i like the packaging, but now the dropper is not in the condition that it used to be when i bought just 6 months ago. the dropper is a bit too plastic for my liking, even though it did its job. at this point i'm actually worried if the dropper might break one day unknowingly lol.

overall i wouldn't repurchase. this isn't a product that i would rave or recommend to a friend even though it does its job. i am just not sure if it is worth that price because currently it is "meh" at my level of likeness. but if you've never tried a facial oil, maybe this is something that you can research and consider for.

hope this somehow helps!

on 5/14/2016 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god I wanted to love this sooo hard. I bought this as part of the special that has the travel size with eye cream with it for $12, so a major steal compared to the original. At first I was over the moon with this, I felt so soft and luscious and glowy and was raving to everyone. BUT. About a week later I noticed I was getting cysts all over. I probably had a few before that but didn't attribute it to the oil. I thought it was normal for me, or maybe stress....because I felt like the oil was helping my skin in a major way. But I never really get cysts from stress, my stress breakouts are more on the surface. It tends to happen this way, too. About a week in is when my skin reacts (if not immediately) and from there it just goes crazy. Now obviously my skin isn't great anyway but there's times you just know it's a product and this was one of those times. I was sooooo reluctant to stop using it but I did, and I saw a gradual improvement (as in, back to 'normal' broken out skin instead of insane non stop cysts) and returned it with much sadness.

I know this isn't everyone's experience, and at first I was going to write a rave review about how it didn't break out my sensitve, clog prone skin. But I just can't do that. It broke me out in a BIG, big way. I also didn't think my bottle smelled 'bad' or rancid but I do notice it wasn't fragrant or wonderful smelling. Just a little weird but not at all 'bad'. I know it was an older product as it was meant to be an holiday set. I am not sure if that has to do with it being more reactive or not, but honestly I don't think so. I think it's just the types of oils and types of skin. I don't think jojoba oil breaks me out, and I have tried argan oil in the past and didn't find it to be anything special but didn't notice if it broke me out or not because at the time my skin was crazy and I didn't use it long enough with a steady routine. Originally, I loved this much more than argan. I felt it sunk in better and softened skin more.

A few people mentioned this could be clogging because of the Vitamin E oil that's in it. But that's also YMMV. Some people break out to Vitamin E and some don't, just as some break out to pure maracuja or any other oil. I think on the whole I'm not a candidate for oils, but if you are the type who can handle this, and aren't acne prone, I do think it could work. Some reviewers even liked this for acne prone skin, so you never know. But I have to be honest and this is my experience with it. I won't say don't get it, but be aware this could potentially happen, as with any oil.

on 4/28/2016 11:11:00 PM

I had dry and dull skin. This oil makes my skin bright and plump now! It's pretty amazing. I have been using it religiously for 2 weeks and I can see a difference in my complexion. My skin is now glowing.

Love this!
Use it every night mixed with a few drops of L'Oreal Facial Glow Oil. My skin is never flaky, well moisturized & my Rosacea hasn't traded it's ugly head! This has helped make my skincare routine simple, easy and most of all very effective! No flakiness this winter!! Plus I add a bit to my lips while I'm applying it to my face...makes a great base for CD Creme de Rose lip balm to condition, soften, nourish & plump your lips overnight!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is horrible. The coating flakes off and it gets on my face as I am applying it. I didn't notice any difference in my skin and I believe there are much better options on the market. So many companies are making oils. I will not repurchase.

Nah... Glad that I got the sample before buying the full siaze bottle. Broke me out after 3 days of usage. It doesn't really absorb quickly, and as compared to josie maran's argan oil, I think this one stays more oily and uncomfortable on my face. After 3 days of usage, I notice lots of tiny pimples around my temple, forehead and cheeks; and to get rid of them aint easy:(