3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 months ago

Was excited to try it and happy it was included in a kit I'd purchased. I like to use pure oils after peels, dermaplaning and microdermabrasion and added this one to my supply. I used it several times post-treatments, but only recently came to the conclusion that it's the cause of tiny whiteheads popping up within 24 hours of application. Just realizing it now that I've moved on to Argan oil, and not having any breakout issues, nor was I prior to using the Maracuja oil. I'll use the rest of this on my hands and body till I've used it up.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

I tried this after seeing so many great reviews. It is not amazing but it did make my dry sensitive skin feel calmer in drier months. However I felt that it did not really anything else. Works like a normal drugstore facial oil but overpriced. Poor packaging as my dropper gave way after a few weeks.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

This was one of the first facial oils I tried. It is a nice oil that works well on all skin types. Ive found the trick with this one is to rub into between fingers/palms and press into the face instead of rubbing into the skin. It doesn't absorb that well so its best to do this at night before bed. I would apply a few hours before bed so its sure not to stain your pillowcase. It leaves the skin with a nice healthy glow and is perfect for drier skin that needs a little extra hydration.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

overall: 7.5/10 This oil is great for my dry skin. The only reason I took a lippie off is the price - it is super expensive. I use 3 drops in the morning and 3 at night, so the bottle lasts ages. The packaging is a solid glass bottle with a wood/glass dropper, quite hefty and luxe feeling. The oil itself absorbs quickly compared to rosehip seed oil and my skin feels supple with continued use. My skin is not acne-prone nor is it particularly sensitive, but I haven't had any adverse reactions. I might repurchase in the future if I can't find something cheaper that does the job just as well.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

Initially I purchased the small bottle to try, as upon reading the reviews, I was a little hesitant regarding the smell. I'm pleased to say it hasn't made me ill from a hypersensitive sense of smell related to pregnancy. I use a lot of it, 2 full pumps on my belly at times one for my face. Doesn't feel grossly oily as it absorbs fast. I was looking for a a substitute for my Estée Lauder advanced night repair (ANR) as that's getting too costly. My pores are smaller and my skin texture has improved. I have repurchased and I've gotten the bigger bottle. Everything in Australia is pricier unfortunately, but still cheaper than ANR. I alternative btwn using this and moogoo udder cream on my belly, and it has stopped the itching from skin stretching and so far, no stretch marks. I'm pleased. I'm also 40 so I consider this beyond amazing. As we all know, skin at 40 isn't all that resilient to stretching.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I have combo/oily skin and this oil works beautifully. Its light, doesnt clog pores or cause breakouts, isnt too greasy. Works wonderfully under makeup - gives it a beautiful glow thats not greasy. I use it especially in the winter months along with my regular moisturizer/spf. Helps treat dry patches of skin. It is a little pricey though for the tiny bottle. I’ll look into buying cold pressed maracuja oil after my bottle is finished.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

2 years ago

This is an okay oil. I have incredibly oily skin but I love using oils in the night during winter because my skin needs extra hydration. This is just okay. I would suggest buying the 100% maracuja oil from Amazon or something instead of this incredibly marked up product. The problem I have is this in incredibly oily. I never realized I thought so until I tried Josie Maran Argan Oil and it seeped right into my skin. I guess this never absorbs for me. Makes skin very soft, though. I would not repurchase but will use up my little bottle.

About reviewer (621 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

2 years ago

Now that I’m in my late 30s, I have been much pickier about my facial oils. I literally feel like I’ve tried them all, but I keep coming back to this one. Even though sometimes my skin gets dry, I still get the occasional breakout (fun, right). This one never causes breakouts and it makes my skin radiant without looking greasy. The packaging is perfect and I hope they continue to sell this product for a long time! I definitely recommend it! ????

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

UPDATE 6/18/2019: Since using Drunk Elephant Protini, I do not need the marcuja oil with my foundation.. I will apply this at night before bed. I apply this than the Drunk Elephant Protini. ORIGINAL: I received this free from Ulta from daily deals. It came with bronzer and this oil. At first I was confused by this product. I would apply directly to my skin and it was okay. Then I started to watch youtube and Tati recommended using a drop of oil in matte foundations. I have oily/combo skin, but I have drier areas on my cheeks and under eyes. Why not try what Tati said, it works! I love matte foundations. My holy grail is EL DW, but this foundation really sinks into my pores. I moisturize, but still sinks into my pores. I add a drop of this to my foundation on the back of my hand and then apply to my face. I do the same with my concealer. I will wait for the foundation to dry down before applying setting powder. Then it looks great and I do not look as dry. This is expensive, but barely a drop is needed, so this will last me a long time.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

2 years ago

Unfortunately I am one of the later few women who this did not work for. Tried twice and it made my skin red and itchy and I had three new breakouts. Very unfortunate

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24