Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off

Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off

2.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i love rimmel mascaras in general.but this one is the worst.i had high hopes before i bought it because of the brush.brush is really useful and nice but the formula is horrible.very very dry , and the driest formula that i ever tried.i'm sure i have an unopened and security lid is not ripped bottle but this mascara feels like an old dated one that waited in your stash too long.very disappointed.i love other rimmel mascaras though.

So...i didn't buy this mascara, it was a gift from a magazine but I'm glad I didn't bought it cause is a HORRIBLE mascara First: the bristles of the wand are sharp and the ball at the end make no sense to me. It's like rimmel put a normal plastic spiky wand but it wasn't enough so they put on top of the wand the wand from maybelline telescopic explosion. Second: it flakes like crazy on me. the good thing: it does give little bit of volume. and that's it

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/26/2016 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased the Scandleyes Show Off mascara due to a review I had read. I have been trying to find a dupe to Benefits "They're Real" mascara and this Rimmel mascara pretty much matched the review. Unfortunately it did not meet up to my expectations, the color "extreme black" is what I was looking for is great. I did not care for how the mascara went on as it is supposed to lift, length and plump. The little or should I say large ball at the end of the wand was so huge that it was hard to put the mascara on, forget about the bottom lashes. During mid-day I found the dry flaked mascara all under my eyes and cheeks. Definitely will not purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

THE WORST MASCARA EVER. This added no volume or length to my lashes, they stayed short and just clumped together. It looked horrendous. The formula was so dry it was next to impossible to get any product into my lashes. Save your money and buy something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh... my...god... this is by far the WORST mascara I've ever used. It literally clumped all my lashes into one giant lash that wouldn't even curl upwards, it fell down, and I put on one freaking coat. It's awful..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The only good thing I can say about this mascara is that it slightly held the curl in my lashes, which NO non-waterproof mascara is able to do. I would contribute that to the fact that this mascara is so dry that it is almost impossible to get any product on your lashes. It does not give any volume or length.

on 2/28/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this mascara as it was on sale for $10 AUD and I wanted a volumeness, lengthening etc mascara.

Lets just say only thing I like about this product, the packaging.

The wand is not bad, I don't mind the large wand with the intriguing end to it, I use the end on a more vertical angle to apply more product to the lashes.
It gave my lashed an average look, average volume, average length etc. I tried to reapply and it just kind of made them a bit darker and a bit thicker? Not much more length or volume.

At this point I was satisfied.

After a day with it on I looked in the mirror and it was HORRID!!!!
The WORST flaking under the eyes, which had also smudged….. embarrassing. As well as my top lid having a black smudged patch where my lashes had obviously rubbed against.

I HATE this mascara, you do not need a mascara that flakes and smudges.

A big no no for this product. To the bin.

on 2/1/2015 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I, like other people, got this because of the intriguing wand. It was the first of this kind that I had seen with a drug store brand. BUT, it is just way too big. It's massive. I also agree with others that this formula doesn't seem to do a lot for your lashes. They end up looking pretty natural. And when I tried to achieve a more dramatic look by caking on the mascara I just ended up getting it all over my eyelids. The brush is also awkward for the inner lashes. It's really too big to control. I think the packaging is adorable though. I also love that the description and instructions are right there on the tube itself. This, to me, is a great attempt... but it fails.

This mascara is definitely the worst I've ever used! It flakes everywhere and rubs off under my eyebrows and on my lids. It also doesn't add the 'show-stopping' volume it promises, the only thing this product does is make my eyelashes a clumpy mess.
Take my advice and avoid this mascara like the plague.

Bought this on a whim and I wish I had read the reviews. It just doesnt do anything. The brush is so massive that I cant get near my lashes without ending up with a black eye. The formula is wayyyyy too dry so that even if I do manage to swipe my lashes, they dont look any different. Lastly, the bottle itself is so huge that it's just a pain to store. Save your money and buy Maybelline mascara.