Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

on 5/10/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As per a couple of makeup blogs, the ingredients of this primer and WnW photofocus eye shadow primer (something prime?) and picture perfect eye shadow primer are the same. I have photofocus and wrote a review under that listing.

on 7/16/2016 11:01:00 AM

I haven't posted a review in a long time, but I felt compelled to review this product. It works really well to keep my eyeliner in place all day. When I don't use it, my eyeliner gets smudged and slides off (creating the oh-so-attractive raccoon smudges under my eyes). Before trying this, I bought several "long wearing" eyeliners, hoping that would do the trick. No luck. With this product, I can use whatever cheap eyeliner I want, and it stays put all day. I'm deducting one star because it does have a somewhat drying effect on my eye lids, so I need to apply it very sparingly. I put a tiny bit on a q-tip and apply just to my upper and lower lash line. I don't put it on my entire eye lid since I don't wear eyeshadow. Overall, great!

on 5/18/2016 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a creamy primer in a squeeze-tube, similar to so many others out there (Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Milani eye primer). It has a pale beige color, but does not seem to provide any noticeable coverage or color on my lids (then again I am NW15). This stuff is like *glue* for your eyeshadows. Perhaps I should say superglue. I apply a thin layer, and my shadows do not move, crease, or fade, over an entire 12-hour day. I don't know what more I can say about this. It's super cheap and it works like a champ. I know this has been repackaged as the Photo Focus primer now, but I would definitely repurchase this.

on 2/15/2016 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product in Dec 2014 but have only gotten around to using it lately. I heard great reviews about this product and thought this would be a cheaper alternative to the other primers that are out on the market. My normal eyeshadow primer is the Nars primer which I really like. I heard about this product and was rated well and cheaper so I decided to try it out. It works really well and does not crease. The only con for me, is that it is a bit sticky and drying on my eyelids. However, I do have sensitive skin so that could be why, especially around the eye area. I can feel it on my lid and has that dry sticky feeling. Besides that, there's no creasing to my lids. The product itself is neutral colored so there's no weird color that comes out. However, because I didn't use it for a while, the product did separate a bit but after shaking it a bit and squirting out the clear fluid from separation, it was good to use. The packaging is a squeeze tube package which is great for hygienic reasons. It is not bulky in any way and would be great to travel with. I didn't detect any scent nor did it give me milia around my eyes. I would recommend others to try this product as it is a great dupe for other eye shadow primers out in the market. I personally would not repurchase because of the sticky dry feeling I experience but I know most people may not have that issue, especially for the price. I will stick with my Nars primer but would highly suggest others to try this primer out. It really is a great deal and product.

on 2/11/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought backups of this when it was discontinued because I LOVE this product. It works perfectly. My lids are very oily and I've tried lots of products to try to make my eyeshadow stay in place. and this is the only thing that has worked. It makes my shadows and liner last all day, it's easy to work with for a makeup newbie (aka me), and it's affordable. I'm sad that it's discontinued because I would gladly repurchase it forever!

on 5/5/2016 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This was the first shadow primer I ever tried and I love it. My eyelids are normally oily so I actually like how this product has sort of a dry consistency because it makes a great base for my lids. Once I put this on and go through the day, I can look in the mirror several hours later and my shadow still looks vibrant and fresh with no creasing.

I don’t even know how many months this tube has lasted me because I’ve had it so long, which is awesome since it is fairly cheap.

on 1/25/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried various eye primer products including NARS, TF, and some other cheaper stuff (also a few Japanese things), but to be honest I kind of feel like the WnW Fergie primer works about the same.

To compare what I remember of the three, I find WvW Fergie primer to be dryer than both NARS and TF - I used to use TF the most after finding that I dislike the doefoot applicator on the NARS. TF, I noticed, tend to separate easier and even with massaging the tube to try to get it to recombine, the output would come out liquidy and thin. I'm unsure if this causes the product to get not as good? I definitely noticed a decrease in performance in the TF after about half the tube (around when it starts to separate). In the case of NARS back when it was on doefoot, as we all know, we'd end up not being able to pick up product from the sides thus it was very wasteful.

With the WvW Fergie, I think it went the opposite direction - instead of getting more liquidy due to separation, it's gotten drier as time went by. I'm pretty sure when I first got my tube it was a bit more liquidy/creamier, but I think a general tend to slightly more dry is pretty normal for a cream product. And I've honestly been using the same tube for so long that it doesn't make me go "oh ugh, it's dry already" (compared to, say, a product I've used for a month and it's already drying).

That said, while I'm sure there is a slight decrease in performance, it still works very excellently and I rarely notice any drastic decrease in staying power on my eye makeup. Basically, when you consider how long you can use a single tube, price per tube, price per oz, and performance over time - this thing would rate muuuuuuuuch higher than the higher end products if only because usage and price ranks much better. Even the higher priced products decrease in performance and separate/dry out, so that's always going to be same.

That said, the best part about this primer is that you can use it for a really long time. TF, as I mentioned, tend to separate within a few months. This product, I find, does no separate. For the first time in my long makeup using career, I'm actually approaching the very end of my first WvW Fergie eye primer tube. I've never approached this with TF before (always tossed due to separating and getting oily looking liquid all over).

As soon as I'm back in the US, I'm purchasing a second tube of this because it's THAT GREAT. there's no point in buying anything more expensive because I know how well this works, and how long it'll last without spoiling/separating/drying out.

I will mention that I think in general this is a thicker product than the other brands (potentially a design decision?), however I never had problems blending this out or becoming patchy - i squeeze out a tiny dollop and pat on lid as the same way i use all primer (no rubbing), and it dries completely clear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is so much better than Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), which used to be my favorite. I also used to used and love MAC painterly paint pot, but this fergie primer takes the cake. The Fergie primer is a pale flesh tone color, much less orange than the UDPP. It is a little tackier than UDPP which makes glittery/shimmery eyeshadows last longer too. I feel like my eyeshadows blend better when I use this and my eyehshadow still looks amazing after a 12hr shift. I paid $3.99 for mine, which is a steal. Love, love, love, new holy grail!! P.s. I have had mine awhile and it lasts a long time, mine has never dried out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This my first and only eye primer, but I've never felt the need to try anything else. I have extremely oily eyelids and can't wear eyeshadow alone without it disappearing after an hour or two. When I put this on my eyeshadow lasts all day without any creasing whatsoever -- I'll never go without it again. It also works perfectly with Pixie Epoxy which I use with most of my loose indie eyeshadows. You really can't beat the price (I think I paid $2.99) and a tube lasts a really long time since you only need a little dab for both eyes. I'll continue to purchase as long as WnW makes it (hopefully forever!).

on 1/28/2016 12:33:00 PM

This works better for me than Urban Decay's primer. I was on the hunt for a dupe for that because- let's be honest- it was hard to justify the cost on that little amount of product. Sorry Urban Decay! I stumbled upon this and thought for a buck, hey, why not? And I'm in love. My eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't crease at all, not even in the outer corners of my eye. Such an affordable product for such amazing quality. I'll never go back from this!