Maybelline Vivids Hot Plum

4.7

on 1/10/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a while back (I have 4 now) and I love the formulation and pigmentation of these. The colors are lovely but I find I grab the others more than this. I think originally this was purple enough for me but over time I gravitated to more purple colors and finally grabbed Brazen Berry. I also love the Vivid Rose. This is a perfect middle, but a bit tame compared to some of the others. It's not as 'neon'. So I like the line, but this one a little less than the others. If you are looking for a bold but not clownish lip color, this might work very well for you. It's not garish or unflattering so it's a safe bet. The formula is like a waxy-shiny type but it works well for these.

on 8/17/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I happened upon these lipsticks as I was waiting for my hubby to call. I was shocked to see it was Maybelline. The price was good, the color was pretty, and the light fragrance was delightful. I had to try it and I am glad that I did. I do love the color and the texture is amazing for an over the counter lipstick. The case...well I am not much on orange so I was not impressed with the case. For such a lovely product, Maybelline could have made a classier case for a better impression. I find the lipstick has good lasting ability and I love that it leaves a tint for a long time. The fragrance fades rather quickly but it is inviting when I open the case. I have 905 Brazen Berry now and I love it's color too!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous color and I get so many compliments on it. I bought this as a dupe for MAC's Flat Out Fabulous. Its not a matte but, it is still very similar to Flat Out Fabulous.

on 5/29/2014 3:07:00 PM

I love the Maybelline Vivids line. The formula is incredible-very smooth in texture and appearance and delivers a totally opaque finish (but is not dry at all). The color is just as described, it is a "vivid" hot pink color with a slight plummy undertone. This is a great lipstick for the summer when I crave a bright pop of color on my face. I adore this shade and formula and I hope Maybelline produces more shades.

LOVE THIS! This is the most wearable out of the Maybelline Vivids collection.
It's sexy, but not too bright, nor does is scream trashy or outrageous.
I can wear this to work or in a professional environment without worrying if it is too out there or not.
It's actually moisturizing, it STAYS and leaves a stain. I would HIGHLY reccommend. Way better than mac lipsticks that are similar to this shade.
GET IT NOW!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was very skeptical at buying this lippy. I don't know why is absolutely amazing! Formula can feel a little drying but that's all for the staying power. The best hue of purple I have ever come across...

on 2/21/2014 5:02:00 AM

Love it! Seems better than Mac or Nars. I had Nars Schiap which was too barbie and Mac GAT was not vivid enough; this is bright but because of the blue it isnt trashy. Lasts well and has a nice sheen.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing Hot Plum more lately because I need a little spring in my life. This color brightens your whole face and lifts your mood. I don't think it's like MAC Girl About Town, more like Quick Sizzle (only not as opaque). You do need a lip liner for this to last more than a few hours, but for $5 it's a rare shade in the drugstore.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOvE LOVE this lipstick ! The color is so beautiful and I think it's beautiful for summer and even the wintry holiday months! It is so long lasting that I barely have to reapply!! The only drawback is that it can be a bit drying but nothing a little Chapstick won't solve !

on 9/26/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I own 3 of the colors from the vivids line. Vivid Rose Brazen Berry (my fav) & Hot Plum. I really like hot plum! I paired it with Nyx lip liner in plum and I'm in love!!!! I went back and bought back-ups just in case they're LE!

Popular Lipsticks