Diptyque Eau Rose

Diptyque Eau Rose

4.3

on 6/24/2017 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Smelt this for the first time today in Space NK and bought it on the spot, I love it so much!

Bought the rollerball version which will hopefully last a long time as there is not chance of overspraying. Handy for the smallest of handbags and comes in a cute velvet pouch.

The scent itself is gorgeous. Lovely and natural, not at all cloying like other rose perfumes I've smelt, and not at all grandma-y! I've previously avoided rose perfumes for these reasons, and only picked this up as I didn't realise it was rose and I'm glad I did. Great for warmer days, and will be a nice evening scent as well.

The rollerball version of this eau de toilette is £35 for 20ml which is rather eye-watering but the scent is long lasting on my skin.

It doesn't smell alcohol-y even when first applied, and it mellows after about an hour, and has a slight soft creaminess to it.

The husband really likes this scent on me, and has said he'll repurchase for birthday/xmas which is a bonus!

on 10/11/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Starts off with a rose smell, light and floral, and after half an hour or so, it got really fresh, clean, almost soapy. It lasted at least half a day, and even when I washed my wrist with water it didn't wash off but the fragrance still stayed true, if slightly weaker. In general, I really like it except for the price.

on 8/19/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I went into Diptyque to sniff Oyedo and Baies, and left with a sample of Eau Rose. I absolutely love this scent! Roses as a scent done right are my favorite. On me, this smells of rose and blackcurrant/berry, similar to a more mature, sophisticated YSL Parisienne, which I found a little too sweet and young. My usual scent is Stella McCartney Stella, but this will be my go-to for Spring and Summer! Lasting power is okay but my friends have commented that they still smell it when I can't, so maybe it lasts better than I think it does.

on 2/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

My favorite so far and am about the run out my second bottle. Will definitely buy it again.
Also I notice slightly different in smelling when I purchased on line vs. In store.

It might be the old stock they sold me only so I won't do it again.

on 5/26/2014 7:24:00 AM

Captures the essence of majestic rose in subdued sophistication! Perfect for balmy days...

on 10/18/2014 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What impressed me with Eau Rose is that it smells extremely natural. That seems to me a common trait with all the diptyques I've tried so far but never ceases to amaze me.
I have a hard time with thick rose soliflores but Eau Rose is lovable, seems to be a more natural, juicier and fruitier version of the L'Occitane 4 reines.
Performance-wise it's a soft one and not very long lasting either.

on 12/29/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful red rose that has a little something else going on, but definitely all about the red rose. The topnotes were interesting and not too fruity. They're definitely gone by the time the heart is reached with the rose. Notes: topnotes: bergamot, black currant and litchi; middle notes are jasmine, geranium and rose; base notes are musk, virginia cedar and white honey.

I was expecting to adore this fragrance because Rose is my absolute favorite scent on earth and because I love Diptyque products. I have also purchased the rose candle from Diptyque which is heavenly and I love it. However, I just do not like this perfume. It actually gave me a slight headache a few times. The notes that the rose is mixed with just don't suit me. If I use it very, very minimally I enjoy it a bit but because there are other Rose perfumes that I love more, I won't be purchasing this again. This does NOT smell like the candle IMHO.

My favorite rose scents (in order of love and obsession) are Diptyqye Le'Ombre (technically rose and black current), Serge Lutens Sa majestie Le Rose and Jo Malone Red roses. I also love straight rose essential oil which can cost up to $200 for half an ounce.

on 1/3/2013 8:05:00 PM

Every since I was a little girl I've loved the smell of roses. I have fond memories of sneaking into my Mum's room and spraying "Tea Rose" all over myself and thinking I smelt like a beautiful lady. This gives me that same feeling. I think this is the best modern rose fragrance out there and I've tested A LOT.. It's impressive because it's a sparkling rose that doesn't dry down to powder (even though I'm quite fond of powder). It's a perfect spring/summer scent as it doesn't seem to lose its sparkle at any point. Probably a lot more simple and linear than their other fragrances but this one just brings a smile to my face. Sometimes that's all
I want my fragrance to be.

Popular Fragrances