Chanel Rogue Coco Baume

Chanel Rogue Coco Baume

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not an intensely moisturizing balm. It is more of a maintenance product, to be used on healthy lips. If your lips are chapped, peeling, and/or dehydrated, the formula is not strong enough to revive and repair. I like it as an alternative to lip color, worn daily on its own, or under a lip color as a light moisturizing prep. I have an issue with popular colorless lip moisturizers like Chapstick, Carmex, and the EOS lippies. All of them make my lips feel dry and thirsty for the product as soon as it has disappeared. It's creates a very uncomfortable feeling that I hate. The Chanel Rouge Coco Baume does not do this to my lips, and as a result, has earned a spot in my makeup arsenal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this. My tops are this, Chanel hydra (in the pot), MAC Lip Conditioner (tube); & Dior Rose (in the pot). I love the smallest luxuries in life. They are the best! My lips feel smooth & hydrated. I used to like Carmex I still like it when I've got a fever blister. But this feels lux, those lucky enough to possess own it are fortunate becoz I paid USD$37 my most expensive lippies are Chanel. It does not leave a ring of funky gunk (yanno that dreaded white ring), is subtly flavored, leaves a subtle soft shine makes lips look & feel supple. My lips depend on lipbalm I'm addicted to having something on my lips. Bare lips suck. I hate that feeling!! The more you use lipbalm the more you get addicted to its feeling your lips supposedly get addicted that's a wives tale. I just think I like the feeling of something on my lips vs Naked lips. If you have an extra $37 burning a hole in your wallet buy this!! I'm already addicted I will rebuy over & over I can already see myself buying a back up. This is like my new favorite thing everrrrrrrr #megawinning I love it when something makes me #deliriouslyhappy !! #yay !

on 2/2/2017 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very light/sheer balm and felt very cosmetic rather than nourishing, ie fragranced and lipstick like. I found I got more out of my cheaper alternatives. Went missing after a while and didn't even consider re-purchasing. Chanels strength may be fragrances and red lipstick.

on 2/2/2017 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've pretty much tried every lip balm out there, leaning toward the higher end. From By Terry to Sisley, I've tried them all.

Chanel Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Balm wowed me and knocked a couple higher-end balms out of rotation! I was thrilled to see that it also came in stick form, as I don't like using lip balm in jars while I'm out (germs).

This is the ultimate lip balm to have in your handbags, at work, gym bag, etc. I can't name a single lip balm in stick form that even comes close. A staple!

on 11/30/2016 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this balm. I use it every day in the morning and then apply my lipstick. Or if I don't feel like wearing lipstick I apply it as well and throughout the day, and I noticed one very, very important thing. It doesn't create that disgusting white lip line in the inner part of the lips. I hope others know what I'm talking about. Whenever I wear any other balm during the day it always cakes up in the inner lip area and creates a gross, white line. Not cute. This doesn't do that. For me, I don't need too much hydration in the lip area during the day and this gives the perfect amount. It doesn't feel like nothing and it doesn't gunk up. It is rather spendy, but it is Chanel, so... there you go. Don't expect it to do anything miraculous for your lips, but it is a lovely every day balm. It is not a treatment. For night time I use the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, which I keep in my night stand.
I also happen to love the packaging. It makes me feel luxurious and happy. Buuut if you don't care about things like that, Aquaphor or Carmex or whatever are probably just fine.

Not very moisturising at all- my Chapstick, lush lip balms and EOS do better than this Chanel lip balm. It moisturises my lips in a light non-lasting kind of way like burts news does.

Scent is light rosey and packaging is beautiful- very luxe!

Would not repurchase as price is steep for something that doesn't do what it's advertised to.

This is not a lip treatment. It's a very basic lip balm which doesn't last very long. Chanel do a lip balm treatment in their skincare range which would suit people with dry lips. It is expensive for something that doesn't really work as a lip balm. I'm better off using any other Shea butter lip balm!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For $35, Chanel should not sell a lip balm that has the texture of Burt's Bees with staying power to match. The texture is awful, feeling slippery instead of velvety. After 15 minutes, my lips feel dry and I need to apply again. The smell is strong and though it has a pleasant floral scent at first, it quickly settles into something acidic and bitter. My $5 Hurraw! balms blow this one out of the water. Only buy this if your sole purpose is to pull out the beautiful black and gold tube from your purse and feel the satisfying click of the case closing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this lip balm! It is extremely moisturizing and hydrating without being greasy or waxy. It works perfectly under lipstick and/or liner without affecting application or wear. It's colorless, scentless and tasteless. I also love that the stick doesn't break or melt even in high temperatures.

on 7/8/2014 2:06:00 AM

So fancy... couldn't resist picking it up. The packaging is beautiful, Chanel never seems to disappoint on presentation but the formula isn't all that flash. I would say spend $50 on something else and go buy some Carmex which would probably work the same (maybe even better). There is no smell, or colour, but it isn't a very moisturising lip balm. If you have dry, chapped lips, do not buy this. If you like something fancy and not fussed about spending $50 on a lip balm that wont reaaallly do anything, by all means, go right ahead. I use it almost everyday but just don't think I would purchase it again.