L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer
True Match Super Blendable Crayon ConcealerTrue Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer

3.4

C11-12 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Behenate, Ceresin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnubawax / Cire Dabeille, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ehtylene/VA Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Phenyl Methicone, C30-45 Olefin, Silica, Retinyl, Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I must be honest - this is more money than I've ever spent on a concealer before. I bought it based on a blogger recommendation (should have read reviews here) and because True Match foundation in W2 is a good match when I
swatch it (heads up - shades aren't consistent across this line).

So...first, the color is problematic. I bought W-1-2-3 since W2 swatches well in me in the liquid foundation due to it's yellow tones (I'm fair yellow/olive - ya know it is tricky!). This concealer is straight up pale peach though! What happened!? Maybe N would be better in the concealer? I won't be trying again anyway, since color isn't the only issue. Wearing on top of foundation is almost out of the question. Good color for under eye brightening though.

It is a shame the line isn't consistent - I have a mineral W-1-2 powder and it is waaaay light, but the W-3 waaaay dark.

Next - texture issues. This is really dry, it must be blended with fingers and takes a good deal of work. It also goes on very thick and needs to be spread out quite a bit to actually blend (especially because the shade is off!). The point rounds off right away and becomes a super thick stubby and you won't remember it was every pointy. No precision in the applicator. It catches on any flaky blemishes something fierce, also :(. It does also seperate into greasy/waxy streaks over time on me (combo skin).

Edited to add: I saw a reviewer who raved about using this full face as foundation. If you have open pores anywhere, run away from that suggestion! It sinks into them so badly, totally irreparable polka dot nose. This also settles in fine lines...soooo...your skin needs to be perfectly smooth for this concealer to look decent on :/.

But! I can use this up for other things. It makes a dandy brow highlight (above and below)! I wouldn't pay this price for a brow highlight though, so I have this in my 'to pan' bag to get used up.

on 1/24/2017 6:36:00 AM

I bought this product because I wanted to try out the crayon range as I have always stuck to liquid. This product overall isn't really blendable, I tried using a beauty blender, brush and both didn't work and it left me looking Cakey. Didn't cover up my belmishes as it had very light coverage. It shows up on dry skin a lot so if you have dry skin stay away as it clings onto the dry patches. Would I buy this product again? No I would probably go back to liquid concealers as the crayon did not work and dried my skin out.

on 4/27/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Very disappointed.It was cakey,didn't blend well and settled into my fine lines.I won't buy this again.

This Concealer really does work. It hides my marks almost completely. My only problem is that it is very difficult to rub in. When I put it on I have to rub my face very hard for it to blend in.

This concealer crayon did nothing to hide my imperfections and settles into every line after an hour or two. It also left my complexion feeling oily. It caked as well. I would not recommend.

I've been using this concealer for a while, and it's been lasting a really long time! When I got it at first and rolled it all the way up, I was really disappointed in how little product there was, but I've had this "crayon" forever!

This does have pretty light coverage, but it's buildable. I like to use this for under my eyes and on any redness, so it's a great multitasking concealer! One thing that I really like about it is that I don't have to set it with a powder, which is great because I have other things I want to be spending my money on besides makeup. It doesn't crease under my eyes without powder, but it would probably last longer if I did use one.

I wouldn't use this on really bad under eye circles or a major breakout because like I said before, it has pretty light coverage. Buildable, but only to an extent.

I use this by rubbing it on my finger and then dabbing it on my face. I find that if I apply it strait from the crayon form it can be hard to blend under my eyes.

on 12/6/2015 5:47:00 PM

UPDATE: had to stop using this. Much too drying. I'm really sorry because it does a good job as a concealer. But it's too drying for my undereye skin.

I'm pleased with this concealer. I use it under my eyes and it does a good job. It's not 100% perfect, but that's not the concealer's fault. I have undereye bags that only surgery can correct. Like my dad had (I love you anyway, dad). Still, it does improve my undereye appearance. I gave it 4 lippies because it's a bit drying. Other than it's pretry acceptable.

I use a light coat of this as foundation. It blends easily with my fingers for lighter coverage with less product. The fact that it is slightly dry lends itself to this use. As a concealer, it doesn't really work because it feels much too thick and waxy on the skin, but as a foundation I like how bendable it is and it gives a nice finish. I like that I can easily carry it around without fear of it spilling. The color match for my very yellow skin is also something that's been hard to find for me. Could see myself using this for a long time unless it makes me breakout.

Love this concealer!! Bought it on a whim, and it covers EVEYTHING, even the bags and dark circles that I've spent so much money trying to conceal. Who knew that this concealer would be the one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This hurts to put over acne !!! It does not match my skin at all and is the hardest concealer to blend with terrible coverage!!!! Does the opposite of what it claims :( I had heard good things from fair, normal skin types though.