Acure Organics Shampoo - Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell

No Image

3.0

Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Rooibos, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Vera Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (from Coconut), 100% Naturally-derived Betaine (from Sugar Beets), Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Sugar Conditioner), Sodium Levulinate (from Corn), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar gum conditioner), Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Organic Fair-Trade Certified™ Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argania spinosa (Argan) Stem Cells, Organic Persea americana (Avocado) oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass), Lavendula Dentata (French Lavender), Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss), & Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy mackerel. This shampoo is indescribably horrible. Worst shampoo I've ever used. I love Acure products and got this as a gift and thought it would be nice to have a clarifying shampoo. Used it last night and despite rinsing it well, my hair felt heavy, oily and weighed down. I noted heavy build up on my roots as if I hadn't washed for over a week. The worst part is my red hair looks dark and dull. I thought maybe it was a fluke so I used it again today and rinsed REALLY well and same thing. I should also know that my scalp freaking itches, kinda like it does if I don't wash. All around bad. Never have I hated a shampoo so much I would throw it away... but this one is going straight in the trash.

on 11/23/2016 5:01:00 PM

This shampoo is so cheap for the amazing ingredients it has in it! My scalp looks amazing, my hair is fuller, which says a lot. My hair also seems to grow much faster when I use it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Surprised this shampoo has such poor reviews! I have a lot of hair, but the individual threads themselves are very fine; after awhile my roots get very oily, while my ends get very dry. I tried this shampoo, as well as the conditioner version of it after trying their "repairing" formula and liked this one a lot more. In combination with the conditioner, this product gives my hair wonderful volume and moisture that lasts for days! Seriously, I used to have to wash my hair everyday or every other day, but now I can go two or even three days without washing it, which I didn't think was possible! Might try the "volumizing" formula, just to see if it's better, but I'll be happy to come back to this one if that one doesn't work out.

on 3/5/2013 1:20:00 AM

Smells great but doesn't work as well. Leaves hair feeling limp and heavy. My hair is thick and wavy/curly with lots of body but this shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair flat and frizzy.

on 3/3/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This shampoo is no good for fine, oily hair. It is far too heavy. It lathers nicely and the smell is nice, but I feel like I should wash my hair again before the end of the day, even without using the conditioner. It is affordable, so if you have dry hair, you may love this.

Ingredients:
Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Fair Trade Certified Rooibos, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Vera Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (from Coconut), 100% Naturally-derived Betaine (from Sugar Beets), Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Sugar Conditioner), Sodium Levulinate (from Corn), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar gum conditioner), Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Organic Fair-Trade Certified Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Argania spinosa (Argan) Stem Cells, Organic Persea americana (Avocado) oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass), Lavendula Dentata (French Lavender), Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss), & Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils

on 1/6/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This doesn't feel like a clarifying shampoo. It's not stripping, which is a good thing. On the other hand, I don't think it's dependable for removing build up. While it's gentle and lathers well, I've noticed the yummy scent fades quickly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's odd that this is advertised as a clarifying shampoo, as I feel the need to clarify (with diluted ACV) my hair after shampooing with this. I've not quite figured out what the issue is - if it's meant to leave some residue behind, that it doesn't cleanse terribly well, or if it's just hard to rinse out.

I've been using SLS-free shampoo (and body wash and shaving cream and cleanser) for some years now, and this isn't one of my favorites, though it's not awful. The scent is nice, it lathers up well, and it's reasonably priced. There's just the aforementioned issue of needing to clarify after I use it.

I have found that it works well when my hair doesn't have a lot of product buildup in it. So perhaps it's just that it doesn't clean up product very well?

I did buy this brand's Mint + Echinacea shampoo as well, and I like it quite a bit. And I love the Lemongrass Conditioner. But as far as this particular shampoo goes, I'd skip it. There are much better alternatives (Everyday Shea, Desert Essence, and others) in this category and at this price point.

Popular Shampoos