Superdrug Dry Shampoo

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 2/20/2018 5:05:00 AM

Worst dry shampoo I have ever, ever used. Leaves a lot of white cast and feels like a firm hold hairspray on the hair. Left my hair feeling sticky/tacky, inflexible, dry and difficult to style into anything other than a low ponytail if I didn't want to cause tangles/damage. Worst of all it seems to leave some residue that lasts and I found that I had to properly clarify and deep condition my hair to get it back to normal again, as it stuck around causing tangles and stiffness even after a regular wash. No idea how testers let this get out of the lab and on to shelves. It is completely unfit for purpose, especially considering that here are plenty of similarly priced and much better/less damaging alternatives out there. Superdrug has some really great wins in their own brand products but this one is an utter fail. Save your money and avoid.

Oh my, this is really bad. I did actually read all the negative reviews but decided that it won't hurt to try such a cheap product... and it did hurt, made my sculp super itchy so I had to wash my hair afterwards.
Pros: very cheap
Cons: sticky as hell; made my sculp itchy; very scented
It went directly to the bin after first use, bad bad bad.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This seems to run contrary to the other reviewers, but nonetheless for my experience this is a great product for brunettes. It's also a bargain price.

Batiste, even the brown tinted one, leaves white streaks in the hair and turns my dark brown hair grey. No amount of brushing seems to get it all out.

However, the powder in this one really is well pigmented dark brown, so works a dream on my hair. Absorbs oil just as well as Batiste, but leaving no powdery white streaks or matt chalkiness. As an added bonus it's even a great stop gap if you have some greys in your roots, as this product makes them less noticeable.

It can feel a bit heavy and you definitely feel the product in your hair, but I feel that with all dry shampoos anyway.

on 11/25/2013 9:08:00 AM

How this product got approved onto the shelves is beyond me. Did nothing for my hair apart from make it worse. I can safely say i will be sticking to batiste in future.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo