SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17
Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 5/4/2018 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’m a MAC NW 15-20 and the B20 shade is a great match. I find the color stays true and doesn’t oxidize darker on me with wear.

I really, really like this foundation. It comes in a pump, is creamy and applies nicely with a brush. The coverage is a high medium and definitely provides luminosity. It’s a healthy look but not as natural looking as foundations with a more sheer or medium coverage. It definitely does provide a long lasting glow.

So with the great review thus far, why only a 4 star rating? For me, this foundation stays a bit tacky. I guess it’s better to keep the moisture and the glow but I’m not crazy about the tackiness. I’ll try it with a couple of other primers to see if that helps. I could add some setting powder but then that defeats the whole point of having luminosity. This might be my perfect foundation if only it wasn’t sticky to the touch.

I’ll update this review after I’ve played with the foundation a bit more.

Update: this works much better and dries down with no stickiness when I use a different primer. I upped the rating to a 5. This is an excellent higher coverage foundation if that’s what you are looking for. The more I use it in my rotation, the more I find myself reaching for it. It is definitely in my top 2 foundations along Giorgio Armani Luminous in shade 4.75.

on 3/5/2015 9:09:00 PM

I have never tried any shiseido products before and absolutely love this foundation.
I read up reviews on it and wanted to try this so I purchased it. It's a perfect medium to full coverage with a slight glow to it. It lasted all day and did not come off at all!!! I have normal to combination skin but prefer a more glowy look rather than a matte look just because I think it's more natural / healthy looking to have a little dewy finish. The colour range is reasonable, I'm normally NC 20-30 and found O60 was a perfect match for me! Before I purchased this I was tried on The new nars foundation and was a struggle, no colour matched my skin perfectly, It was cakey and horriably creased into lines I never knew I had :/ so I opted for this foundation instead and I'm so happy with the results and glad I didn't purchase the Nars foundation. I will be purchasing this foundation again and will defiantly try some of their other products !!

on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is it. This is the one. I am completely head over heels for this foundation, it is just incredible and flawless for my dry skin. The price is a little steep (about $45) but foundation is one thing I'm willing to pay a tad bit extra for consistent and excellent quality. I have dry and sensitive skin with some redness which forces me to be a bit picky when selecting foundations.

Before I picked up this miracle worker I had been religiously using my YSL Touche clat foundation which I still absolutely adore butttt this product has stolen the spotlight. I've been waiting to write on a review for this foundation because I kept waiting for it to look odd, fade easily, not wear well some days but it never did any of those.EVER. This foundation looks flawless on good skin days and more importantly bad skin days. For color reference, in this foundation I purchased 100 and in MAC I am NW 15/20, in Giorgio Armani I am 4 in winter and 5.5 in summer, and in YSL Touche clat I am BR20. The consistency is not liquidy at all, it is rather thick but does NOT feel heavy whatsoever on the skin for it truly glides on my skin and blends in perfectly. I find the lasting power to be great, I apply it in the morning around 8 and looks wonderful at 5pm.

The coverage is fantastic (full) but you can certainly use a much smaller amount for a natural glowy look which I plan on doing as we near summertime. When applying this I advise to use the 'less is more' concept; the pigment is crazy good so no need to use a whole lot of product or else it will take away from the radiance it provides. I wouldn't say setting this foundation with powder is a must because it may take away from the beautiful healthy glow it gives my skin. I use my Real Techniques expert face brush as well as their makeup sponge (the orange one) and find both ways provide beautiful application. This is AMAZING for dry skin; I have never come across a foundation that actually delivers a radiant, glowy look while providing full coverage as it claims. I'm not sure I would recommend this for those of you with oily skin; I have had to stop mixing in my Josie Maran Argan Oil with my moisturizer in the morning because it will make my skin a tad too shiny. The packaging is gorgeous and the bottle is not glass which is awesome for traveling, and this bad boy comes with a pump that is extremely easy to control/manipulate for when you want to use more or less product depending on the desired look. I hope they don't discontinue this product because I'll probably have a mild heart attack if they do. I will forever purchase this product

Having decided that I was not going to buy another foundation unless I was absolutely sure it was right and would not end up taking up space on my dresser after two or three uses as is usually the case, I spent over a year trying and getting samples of almost every foundation out there from high-end to drIug store, I finally settled on this!
I love this foundation. The colour (I20) is as close to my perfect match as i've found since Prescriptives disappeared from the shops. It is a thick creamy consistency and is very moisturising so stay away if your skin is oily, definitely one for drier skins. I don't like heavy make-up and usually go for a light foundation, but I can apply this lightly with a brush and get a light natural finish. A few people have commented on how good my skin was while I was wearing this as it didn't look like I was wearing make-up... can't get better than that as far as I'm concern

on 4/15/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The lady at the sales counter put some on me and gave me a sample to take home b/c I was already purchasing other stuff. The stuff she put on me looked great. It had a medium coverage and felt good on my skin. The sample she gave me was a different shade (she had none in my shade) it was 140 natural fair ivory and was suppose to be close. It's definitely not the right shade lol. Initially it was too orange, so I blended and blended. Still pretty orange. It looks like spray tan. Sooo it's a really nice foundation if you get the right shade!

on 2/27/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After reading the last review I remembered that I hadn't reviewed this yet. I love foundations & mascaras so always keeping my eyes and ears open for the newbies! I bought it without any reviews to read, which is usually one of my requirements these days. I got a sample, another requirement of mine with foundations.I had been sampling so many out there and not really loving them. I had recently purchased Hourglasses TM but still didn't love it.It is a TM so a bit under in the coverage department and not as beautiful a finish as Shiseido. HG is also over priced especially since I don't "love" it. Then again it is over priced anyway.

I really liked this foundation from the first day and bought a full bottle. This is not for oily or hydrated skin, my skin is thin, dry-dehydrated. As the name states, it gives me a radiant finish (light-medium coverage) which I love. It lasts all day on me and I rarely use powder. I have quite a few powders, but they never look "great" on my skin & it always covers up the "radiant" look I want so badly.(radiant not so much dewy) I sometimes use powder around my face but never under my eyes or on "cheeks". The price isn't great but not the most expensive one I have ever owned. I went to Colorado for business recently, and it was cold/dry but this looked great on me.

I will definitely re-purchase and currently this is my #1 foundation. I miss the old foundation from Smashbox that was oil-free but a beautiful finish on my dry skin.I think it was named "Seamless", and if it was still produced I might be using it, but Shiseido is my go-to foundation for now, with Hourglass TM as "at-home" work days. I may also re-purchase Maybelline Fit Me, for stay at home days, due to HG $$$. I am currently researching drugstore, (work at home days), foundations. I recently threw away WnW coverall, no moisture for my skin.