SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17
Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 11/20/2018 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this foundation because of the reviews below.

For a start, I am 30 and my skin is combination to dry (used to be combination to oily but due to nature of my work flying around and age, my skin just gets drier).

First, I apply Shiseido's tinted gel cream after my skincare, and then this all over my face. Just half a pea size amount, spread it thinly all over two of my fingers and apply onto my face in streaks before blending them all using my fingers. The coverage is medium to high I would say, and I do not need to apply my concealer under my eyes nor over the occasional redness from pimples etc.

I have also tried applying this using a damp Real Techniques' sponge instead of fingers and the coverage seemed more towards light to medium as well as more 'glowy'. I set this foundation with Innisfree sebum mineral powder on my t-zone and undereye and this lasts for close to 8 hours for me without touchups needed. On the other hand, when I apply Charlotte Tilbury's airbrush flawless finish powder to set this, I get oily after 2-3 hours of wear. So I supposed the powder really affects the finish of this foundation.

I supposed the packaging is light due to the fact it's plastic, but it kinda feels cheap and the fact that we can't really see how much stuff is left makes this a 4 for me.

on 7/5/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This has become my go to foundation. It’s creamy and gives a medium to full coverage on my 53 year old skin without any caking. I do apply it sparingly and usually over primer. There’s definitely a glow and it’s long lasting too. What I love is that it is dewy but not shiney. I find I barely need under eye concealer with this. I’m NW25 and B40 is just about right for me. I sometimes need to darken it slightly and use a drop Dr Hauska (sp?) liquid mixed in with it to achieve this.
I find this applies best with fingers.
Looking at the reviews, this seems to be more appreciated the older the reviewer. I’d say it’s worth the investment for anyone who is finding their old liquid foundation isn’t quite cutting it anymore but doesn’t want cakey high coverage.

on 6/14/2017 1:54:00 AM

I very like this foundation. I'm in the shade I40. I have normal to dry skin with some flaw and this foundation give me high medium coverage. Nice glow not oily as the name said radiant. This last on me all work day and it fade beautifully throughout the day not patchy at all on my skin. I apply this foundation with damp beauty blender I don't like to apply any foundation with brushes it leave streak marks. This foundation doesn't oxidize on me. I bought this at Shiseido store for $45 before tax. Great foundation.
Update 01/30/18; I low down 1 star for color selection. It good foundation but only winter month or dry skin type all year round and who need full coverage. I never get good match with any of Shiseido foundation. I hope Shiseido will give more range for colors in all there foundation line.

on 3/5/2015 9:09:00 PM

I have never tried any shiseido products before and absolutely love this foundation.
I read up reviews on it and wanted to try this so I purchased it. It's a perfect medium to full coverage with a slight glow to it. It lasted all day and did not come off at all!!! I have normal to combination skin but prefer a more glowy look rather than a matte look just because I think it's more natural / healthy looking to have a little dewy finish. The colour range is reasonable, I'm normally NC 20-30 and found O60 was a perfect match for me! Before I purchased this I was tried on The new nars foundation and was a struggle, no colour matched my skin perfectly, It was cakey and horriably creased into lines I never knew I had :/ so I opted for this foundation instead and I'm so happy with the results and glad I didn't purchase the Nars foundation. I will be purchasing this foundation again and will defiantly try some of their other products !!

on 6/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Unfortunately, not for me! First I couldn't find my exact shade, 020 too light, 040 too dark.. I could only focus on one thing after applying this foundation; PORES! And I did prime my skin before. Already tried many different ways to prime, to set, but its juts not the foundation for me. Its just not comfortable, I feel like I'm wearing foundation.. ahhh.. and it transfers, a lot! =/

on 2/23/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my HG foundation for a while. When I fist bought it I had some serious acne going on, red marks that stayed for months, and a very pale, aging, skin. So I was looking for a fix for all problems:
-Something non-comedogenic, for sensitive skin, that helps heal
-Natural dewey finnish
-Full coverage (that still looks natural)
-Some moisture, since matte foundations make me look older
-SPF
-Saying power
Well, this product does it all. I cannot stress enough how natural it looks, having in mind the coverage. The "radiant" effect is produced by some micro reflecting particles, but we cannot notice them. It just looks healthy. The cons:

-Not for oily types
-Not for the summer months or humid climates
-Heavy consistency
-The price

Some more pros: The package is great, pump, easy to use, opaque, but we still see how much is left. Because of the good pigmentation, we do not need much (no need for "build up"), so it lasts a very long time. We can make it sheer by applying with brush in large strokes, wet sponge, or over a greasier primer.

on 1/21/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Your salesperson was an idiot. It is strictly for very dry skin. Plus the finish is dewy and luminous. Not the kinda finish if u have oily skin.