SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

Filtered by skin type : Combination
SHISEIDO Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17
Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyproline, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Trisodium Edta, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrated Silica, Barium Sulfate, B Ht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tetradecene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 11/20/2018 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this foundation because of the reviews below.

For a start, I am 30 and my skin is combination to dry (used to be combination to oily but due to nature of my work flying around and age, my skin just gets drier).

First, I apply Shiseido's tinted gel cream after my skincare, and then this all over my face. Just half a pea size amount, spread it thinly all over two of my fingers and apply onto my face in streaks before blending them all using my fingers. The coverage is medium to high I would say, and I do not need to apply my concealer under my eyes nor over the occasional redness from pimples etc.

I have also tried applying this using a damp Real Techniques' sponge instead of fingers and the coverage seemed more towards light to medium as well as more 'glowy'. I set this foundation with Innisfree sebum mineral powder on my t-zone and undereye and this lasts for close to 8 hours for me without touchups needed. On the other hand, when I apply Charlotte Tilbury's airbrush flawless finish powder to set this, I get oily after 2-3 hours of wear. So I supposed the powder really affects the finish of this foundation.

I supposed the packaging is light due to the fact it's plastic, but it kinda feels cheap and the fact that we can't really see how much stuff is left makes this a 4 for me.

on 5/4/2018 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’m a MAC NW 15-20 and the B20 shade is a great match. I find the color stays true and doesn’t oxidize darker on me with wear.

I really, really like this foundation. It comes in a pump, is creamy and applies nicely with a brush. The coverage is a high medium and definitely provides luminosity. It’s a healthy look but not as natural looking as foundations with a more sheer or medium coverage. It definitely does provide a long lasting glow.

So with the great review thus far, why only a 4 star rating? For me, this foundation stays a bit tacky. I guess it’s better to keep the moisture and the glow but I’m not crazy about the tackiness. I’ll try it with a couple of other primers to see if that helps. I could add some setting powder but then that defeats the whole point of having luminosity. This might be my perfect foundation if only it wasn’t sticky to the touch.

I’ll update this review after I’ve played with the foundation a bit more.

Update: this works much better and dries down with no stickiness when I use a different primer. I upped the rating to a 5. This is an excellent higher coverage foundation if that’s what you are looking for. The more I use it in my rotation, the more I find myself reaching for it. It is definitely in my top 2 foundations along Giorgio Armani Luminous in shade 4.75.

on 6/14/2017 1:54:00 AM

I very like this foundation. I'm in the shade I40. I have normal to dry skin with some flaw and this foundation give me high medium coverage. Nice glow not oily as the name said radiant. This last on me all work day and it fade beautifully throughout the day not patchy at all on my skin. I apply this foundation with damp beauty blender I don't like to apply any foundation with brushes it leave streak marks. This foundation doesn't oxidize on me. I bought this at Shiseido store for $45 before tax. Great foundation.
Update 01/30/18; I low down 1 star for color selection. It good foundation but only winter month or dry skin type all year round and who need full coverage. I never get good match with any of Shiseido foundation. I hope Shiseido will give more range for colors in all there foundation line.

on 3/5/2015 9:09:00 PM

I have never tried any shiseido products before and absolutely love this foundation.
I read up reviews on it and wanted to try this so I purchased it. It's a perfect medium to full coverage with a slight glow to it. It lasted all day and did not come off at all!!! I have normal to combination skin but prefer a more glowy look rather than a matte look just because I think it's more natural / healthy looking to have a little dewy finish. The colour range is reasonable, I'm normally NC 20-30 and found O60 was a perfect match for me! Before I purchased this I was tried on The new nars foundation and was a struggle, no colour matched my skin perfectly, It was cakey and horriably creased into lines I never knew I had :/ so I opted for this foundation instead and I'm so happy with the results and glad I didn't purchase the Nars foundation. I will be purchasing this foundation again and will defiantly try some of their other products !!

on 7/13/2014 9:03:00 AM

This is a fabulous foundation that gives a flawless finish, its my go-to foundation if I want a perfect finish. It is however best for drier skins or used on a mattifying base, otherwise it make make your pores look large. The range of colours are great and it strikes a balance between coverage and spreadability. It is a little thicker in order to give a lifted appearance and is very finely textured. The finish is satin and dries down so there is no transfer. One of my fave foundations and the only foundation i have repurchased.

on 6/15/2014 12:23:00 PM

Unfortunately, not for me! First I couldn't find my exact shade, 020 too light, 040 too dark.. I could only focus on one thing after applying this foundation; PORES! And I did prime my skin before. Already tried many different ways to prime, to set, but its juts not the foundation for me. Its just not comfortable, I feel like I'm wearing foundation.. ahhh.. and it transfers, a lot! =/

on 5/26/2014 5:39:00 AM

This is absoultely the worst foundation I have ever used! Including drug store brands. I really do not know how this got such great reviews. I cannot even bring myself to give it any kind of star rating. It went on ok, but 5 mins later it had oxidised shockingly and was patchy and uneven and orange!!!! Unfortunately i was at work when i noticed and did not bring any back up makeup so had to just try and smooth it the best i could. As the day went on it got worse and worse it set into my fine lines and made my pores look clogged and my face oily. There is no staying power as well, even with a setting powder. To make matters worse i have 3 new pimples and have felt like a cake all day long, Truly worse product i have ever used!!!

on 3/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

Amazing foundation! I normally only go for matte, long wear foundations but my skin has been extra dry this winter so I decided to try something with a more natural finish and the positive reviews led me to Shiseido. I'm NC20 and was matched to B20/Natural Light Beige which is perfect for me.
It feels so luxurious going on and blends like a dream.

Having decided that I was not going to buy another foundation unless I was absolutely sure it was right and would not end up taking up space on my dresser after two or three uses as is usually the case, I spent over a year trying and getting samples of almost every foundation out there from high-end to drIug store, I finally settled on this!
I love this foundation. The colour (I20) is as close to my perfect match as i've found since Prescriptives disappeared from the shops. It is a thick creamy consistency and is very moisturising so stay away if your skin is oily, definitely one for drier skins. I don't like heavy make-up and usually go for a light foundation, but I can apply this lightly with a brush and get a light natural finish. A few people have commented on how good my skin was while I was wearing this as it didn't look like I was wearing make-up... can't get better than that as far as I'm concern

on 6/30/2013 2:59:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this foundation in the shade I40. I was surprised to find that I really liked it! It didn´t really give me a glow though, as I expected from the name - but that´s fine with me. Instead, it evened out my skintone perfectly, the shade matched nicely, it lasted and looked very good even hours after applying it. I found, that I get the most beautiful result when I use a brush for the application, or the beautyblender.